Football 101 Clinic Set To Return June 8 | The Boneyard

Football 101 Clinic Set To Return June 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Third year in a row now- has been a smashing hit the past two years. Hopefully it sells out again!

Drew

Reaction Score
Took this from the Courant article on Chris Britton

"A football clinic for women 21 and older is June 8 in Storrs. The event begins at 5:30 p.m. with the cocktail hour and registration. The clinic is from 6:30-9 p.m. All participants are asked to wear athletic clothing and shoes. Registration is $45 ($35 for early registration) and includes a jersey, food, souvenir item and two tickets to a home game this fall. Proceeds benefit programs for women's cancer prevention and research at UConn Health. For more information, go to UConnHuskies.com/101clinic. This is the third year of the event."

Phenomenal idea on the bolded portion. I wonder which game this will be for- can you choose the game? Either way that's a steal at that price and a great idea by the UConn staff

Reaction Score
FOX61News 2:44pm via TweetDeck
Join #UConn Football's 3rd annual Women's 101 Clinic
ChJoYgjW4AAEUts.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't get guys like this -- both recent UConn Alum employed by the Hartford Courant (by profiles) going out of their way to publicly trash tonight's event (they aren't the target audience).

Chxxxxxxxxxx 11:58am via TweetDeck
Second-most embarrassing thing UConn's been responsible for today

RYxxxxxxx 12:00pm via TweetDeck
The silly UConn football clinic for women should just be showing them Dan Orlovsky running out of own end zone and saying “don’t do this."

Reaction Score
I don't get guys like this -- both recent UConn Alum employed by the Hartford Courant (by profiles) going out of their way to publicly trash tonight's event (they aren't the target audience).

The silly UConn football clinic for women should just be showing them Dan Orlovsky running out of own end zone and saying “don’t do this."

Sad, but not surprising. Tough to find good help paying $14,000 a year to fill space.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

That really pisses me off. By all accounts it has been a smashing success in years past - what a great way to reach new fans! Yeah really horrible. :rolleyes:

Drew

Reaction Score
The event has sold out every year. I hate that our local media seems to hate us. Especially seeing how during this whole realignment period everyone else's media/cities seem to be rallying around their schools. It's one thing to professionally report on what you do and not like it (Des) and it's another to go completely out of your way to trash an event that raises money for women's cancer research

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Mrs Pepband (not a UCONN alum) went last night, and was gushing about the whole event. A great time, the kids and coaches presented themselves extremely well, and the event was very well run.

Anyone who questions a charity event should be beaten senseless. Thanks again to our awesome local media.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Harharhar breast cancer awareness sux lolz

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Something tells me that if Pasqualoni was hosting the event, it wouldnt be as popular with the ladies ;)
Paul-Pasqualoni-Photo.jpg

Um, uh..welcome ladies. I brought a six of Rheingold and a bag of Sun Country chips. Please feel free to uh, share. Now, Coach Deleone will spend the next 6 hours teaching you your zone blocking assignments.​

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Something tells me that if Pasqualoni was hosting the event, it wouldnt be as popular with the ladies ;)

Lol, that thought has crossed my mind several times. If it gets more women to the games with their families it worked.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Paul-Pasqualoni-Photo.jpg

Um, uh..welcome ladies. I brought a six of Rheingold and a bag of Sun Country chips. Please feel free to uh, share. Now, Coach Deleone will spend the next 6 hours teaching you your zone blocking assignments.​

We are going to start down here at our own 2. Let's see if we can't make enough room to punt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom