food near Gampel | The Boneyard

food near Gampel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have tickets to the Cincinnati game and figure that we need to arrive early to get parking. Where can we get a bite to eat in the vicinity?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
There is the North Garage, which is a few long blocks from Gampel. There is a very divey joint called Ted's near that garage, plus the student union has a food court (as well as a restaurant there, the hours for which are unreliable). Those would be my recommendations.

Reaction Score
Bidwell Tavern - Coventry, further from campus
Willington Pizza - Willington, about 10 minutes from campus
True Blue Tavern @ Nathan Hale Inn - on campus

Reaction Score
The folks I am with want to park early and eat within walking distance. So we will check out your local suggestions. Is there still a food court in the Old Co-op building?

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
There is always the concessions in Gampel. Doors open one hour before game time, and concessions are open then. Plus, parking is better that early.

Reaction Score
The walk over to Storrs Center isn't bad. Geno's will be packed but there are several other decent options.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
There is the North Garage, which is a few long blocks from Gampel. There is a very divey joint called Ted's near that garage, plus the student union has a food court (as well as a restaurant there, the hours for which are unreliable). Those would be my recommendations.

If Ted's still makes that Chicken Philly with those really good fries (I haven't eaten there since I was a student in the DT era) then there really isn't any other choice for food in the vicinity. It's like all the food joints around Storrs are the members of the AAC, few good ones around, but Ted's is the UCONN.

Then again, I notice there is this downtown thing going on maybe there's some decent places in there? Anyone been to Geno's joint down there?

PS everything is walkable (unless we have a typical February freak foot of snow storm) then you should carry your skis

Reaction Score
We have tickets to the Cincinnati game and figure that we need to arrive early to get parking. Where can we get a bite to eat in the vicinity?
Student Union across the street from Gample

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
The concessions at Gample have vastly improved with the arrival of Bear's BBQ. The pulled pork is EXCELLENT! Over in Storrs Center, Geno's is very good, Moe's Southwest is good & DOg Lane Cafe rocks!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
There is always the concessions in Gampel. Doors open one hour before game time, and concessions are open then. Plus, parking is better that early.

Would not be my choice.. Hot dogs are precooked and served in foil bags if I remember correctly. Eat out elsewhere. Willington Pizza is/was Shea' s favorite.

Reaction Score
If you plan to park at the garage adjacent to Gampel early than I would eat at Chuck and Augies in the student union across from Gampel. I've eaten there often and the food is fine and prices reasonable. Check it out on Yelp. You need to make a reservation on a game day. While there is a food court in the union, I'm not a big fan and seating can be a problem before a game.

http://www.chuckandaugies.uconn.edu/

Reaction Score
Really appreciate all the input. I would love to go to Ted's but the long blocks could be an issue. Chuck and Augie's sounds really good...if we can get in. It says that they only take reservations for parties of 5 or more. Have forwarded suggestions to my friends. Again many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom