#Followthemoney | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#Followthemoney

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
How about someone that has never been previously associated with UConn Football.
I hope this is a nationwide search. I get that Burton (or whoever) has the ear of the AD and can provide advice. But I personally wouldn't feel comfortable if it went beyond that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I hope this is a nationwide search. I get that Burton (or whoever) has the ear of the AD and can provide advice. But I personally wouldn't feel comfortable if it went beyond that.

if this truly is a < one week turnaround, then the search has already been done and contracts are being drawn up.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
He's reportedly said "no search". That has to mean the deal was done before pulling the trigger on HCBD.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He's reportedly said "no search". That has to mean the deal was done before pulling the trigger on HCBD.
He said no search team
BUT I somewhat agree that if they may be making an announcement within next 72 hrs, the decision has been made

Reaction Score
That's an interesting thought in the context of Dan O's tweet on the firing.

Dan O and some others joked on instagram about getting Donald Brown and himself to help contribute to a buyout. It was a joke, but who knows.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He said no search team
BUT I somewhat agree that if they may be making an announcement within next 72 hrs, the decision has been made

And another reason to not use a search team.

One of the main reasons to use a third party is to minimize any FOIA paper trails. If there isn't any paper trail there isn't a need for a third party.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Credit to @Matrim55.

Buyout funded privately. There are no blank checks, Burton and Company were Randy guys. They wouldn't write a check so that DB could go hire just anyone.

The next coach will be Randy or someone from his coaching tree.

Sup

Reaction Score

Yep..Zoo was spot on. I really didn't think DB would do this..but.....if the only other option is keeping a HC who wouldn't work with Kill, I see that he had to make the move. I am still hoping that DB picks the OC.

I've felt all along that this was so obvious that this is what was going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom