#Followthemoney | The Boneyard

#Followthemoney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Moorhead or the current Fordham HC both fit that bill. You have a link to the post/thread where the money trail was found?

Reaction Score
We'll see, I hope DB hires the best guy available. Someone who he believes in or trusts, maybe from the SEC, a great recruiter and has a offense mind. It's a opportunity that he better think out because it's his pick!

Reaction Score
Moorhead or the current Fordham HC both fit that bill. You have a link to the post/thread where the money trail was found?

No but you can read DiMauro's article about how it was privately funded since you apparently believe everything you read.

Unless we grew a couple of new billionaire donors then you can be virtually certain that Burton paid a big share of it.

Reaction Score
Credit to @Matrim55.

Buyout funded privately. There are no blank checks, Burton and Company were Randy guys. They wouldn't write a check so that DB could go hire just anyone.

The next coach will be Randy or someone from his coaching tree.

Now you're just trolling me. Not nice.;)

For the record there is not a chance in hell Randy and his conservative nature gets brought back.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yeah...I am not buying this. Benedict's rep is on the line...I don't think think there is a way that this hire isn't 100% his. I would think he may have to run some names or qualifications by the donors...maybe give them a check in befor the decision is made. But I doubt the check came with a demand to hire a certain candidate. DB would never do that.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Moorehead fits the job description from Benedict. An Edsell branch.

The other would be Orlando, who just went ot Texas as DC. An Edsell branch but no HC experience.

Who else fits the description?

Reaction Score
No but you can read DiMauro's article about how it was privately funded since you apparently believe everything you read.

Unless we grew a couple of new billionaire donors then you can be virtually certain that Burton paid a big share of it.
Not sure the need for the personal slight, just asking the question.

Reaction Score
Yeah...I am not buying this. Benedict's rep is on the line...I don't think think there is a way that this hire isn't 100% his. I would think he may have to run some names or qualifications by the donors...maybe give them a check in befor the decision is made. But I doubt the check came with a demand to hire a certain candidate. DB would never do that.

These people write checks in exchange for influence. I think that he probably agrees with the Burtons anyways.

Reaction Score
Benedict is literally on record, today, stating that a high powered offense is important for us to fill seats. I agree in the premise of #followthemoney. Someone paid up and I'm sure they heard something they like. I disagree with the assumption that the donor was necessarily Burton, and that if it was Burton, he would solely advocate for Edsall. Edsall did a commendable job but we can leave it at that in regards to Benedict's other comments.

Reaction Score
Benedict is literally on record, today, stating that a high powered offense is important for us to fill seats. I agree in the premise of #followthemoney. Someone paid up and I'm sure they heard something they like. I disagree with the assumption that the donor was necessarily Burton, and that if it was Burton, he would solely advocate for Edsall. Edsall did a commendable job but we can leave it at that in regards to Benedict's other comments.

I didn't say solely Edsall though... Other coaches of his have enjoyed offensive success.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
These people write checks in exchange for influence. I think that he probably agrees with the Burtons anyways.

I guess I am arguing what degree of influence. I think donors provide input, but I disagree that Burton demanded RE or RE tree. Especially considering offense has been mentioned frequently and only Moorhead would fit that.

I don't think they write the check if they didn't like what DB had to say about his choice...but I don't think they dictate the choice.

Reaction Score
I didn't say solely Edsall though... Other coaches of his have enjoyed offensive success.

True, I think we both want the same thing. I hope Forde's sources are incorrect. I think Breiner is a too green. Am I missing anyone else?

Reaction Score
I guess I am arguing what degree of influence. I think donors provide input, but I disagree that Burton demanded RE or RE tree. Especially considering offense has been mentioned frequently and only Moorhead would fit that.

I don't think they write the check if they didn't like what DB had to say about his choice...but I don't think they dictate the choice.

You don't need to make a demand if the AD already agrees with you.

Reaction Score
I don't know that we're tied to RE or even his tree... just tied to a name that the booster or boosters were comfortable with.... with multiple reports saying it could be within 48 hours, it's safe to say they knew who was in consideration and gave their blessing prior to cutting the check for the buyout.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Moorehead fits the job description from Benedict. An Edsell branch.

The other would be Orlando, who just went ot Texas as DC. An Edsell branch but no HC experience.

Who else fits the description?
Ambrose

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
True, I think we both want the same thing. I hope Forde's sources are incorrect. I think Breiner is a too green. Am I missing anyone else?
Forde's sources are probably telling the truth as they know it today. Even though they have to ask, it's really almost silly to ask a guy who is a week out from coaching in a major bowl if he's leaving. His response options are constrained to say the least.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
There's enough UConn blood in the NFL with the capital to donate $3.4 mill, possible lead by Dan O. You never know.
That's an interesting thought in the context of Dan O's tweet on the firing.

Reaction Score
There's enough UConn blood in the NFL with the capital to donate $3.4 mill, possible lead by Dan O. You never know.

By the way, if this is true, I had a source. If not, it was just a thought.:D

As an edit, seeing the John Wholley has been mention by Dan O and that Rob the blog dude, it might mean something in terms of those guys putting some cash together and getting thrown a bone for Wholley to join the staff.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ambrose
Well, Ambrose's success for a few years at Towson leaned heavily on FBS transfers and graduate transfers. And, UConn might benefit from a few quality grad transfer skills player, linemen, etc. ;)

Reaction Score
So what are people's thoughts on Ambrose. Always felt ambivalent towards him. Solid but never spectacular. He will forever live on in Boneyard lore however as the coach from "Townsend"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom