!! FOCUS !!! | The Boneyard

!! FOCUS !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alright enough fun watching you all have heart attacks. Snap out of it people. You are all behaving like rookies and scorned women.

We've got a football game to play against Louisville. We need this game. I'm still waiting for payback for that game in 2010. UConn friends, family, players - you focus on your job, or the job doesn't get done, and if your job is part of a bigger job....welll.

I hope they're practicing they way they need to. The football field is great place to get all the aggression out.

I think you all need a good dose of Curly, Larry and Moe.

Snap out of it!

Reaction Score
"I come home from a hard day's work...I whistle for the dog....and my wife comes out!"

Reaction Score
Pathetic. This game is our Alamo for the 2012 season. It's the difference between playing for just pride and the seniors on the final day of the season, or playing for a post season.

I mean... what do you want me to do? Yell at Lyle McCombs to work harder? Make fun of DeLeone's blocking schemes? Post long-winded messages about how important it is? I'm gonna watch the game on TV. I probably won't fly to Louisville. Not sure what else you want from us.

Reaction Score
Pathetic. This game is our Alamo for the 2012 season. It's the difference between playing for just pride and the seniors on the final day of the season, or playing for a post season.

I'll watch the game on TV with complete apathy. Is that better?

Reaction Score
If Uconn beats Lousiville this means Rutgers only has to win 1 of their last 2 to win the Big East, Correct?

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to it, but I don't thin PP has won a road BE game yet. Not a ton of confidence here.

Reaction Score
I mean... what do you want me to do? Yell at Lyle McCombs to work harder? Make fun of DeLeone's blocking schemes? Post long-winded messages about how important it is? I'm gonna watch the game on TV. I probably won't fly to Louisville. Not sure what else you want from us.

Stop acting like rookies and scorned women when it comes to this conference feeding frenzy stuff. You'd think nobody had ever seen something like this before, or been through it before.

Christ, BL hasn't even posted about the two deep yet. Where is it? Who's playing this week?

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to it, but I don't thin PP has won a road BE game yet. Not a ton of confidence here.

Pasqualoni isn't playing. BL hasn't posted the two deep yet, but I guarantee Pasqualoni is not on it.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking more like if a football game is like two entities getting into contact with each other, I'd rather our players be the USS Georgia in this interaction....and the Louisville players the tugboat: Our president came here from Georgia you know.

"There goes the mail."

Reaction Score
I guess full power Scotty isn't the solution to that screwup anymore. Christ just submerge a little and the problem was solved.

Reaction Score
If Uconn beats Lousiville this means Rutgers only has to win 1 of their last 2 to win the Big East, Correct?
Let Rutgers have their first BE title. They won't be getting any in the B1G.

Reaction Score
A W would make a nice statement that we are here and not rolling over, and ready still for big time play in a power conference. Run the table and we turn a terrible season into a salvaged, respectable one. Perception matters at this point more than ever.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll be into the game on Saturday and I think it's going to be pretty close. With a holiday and dozens of good football and basketball games between now and then I can't really worry about it yet.

Reaction Score
Let Rutgers have their first BE title. They won't be getting any in the B1G.

There was a time when I didn't want Rutgers to win the BE title, but I couldn't care less anymore. Hopefully we'll have a home and home, long term series with them, but it'll never be about BE titles anymore

Reaction Score
Louisville is going to do what it can to kick the living tar out of us. If they are somehow up 20-30 points in the 4th quarter, they'll still be passing, acting like one of those teams that have a 5% chance to get into the national champinship game if they beat so-and-so by a ****load of points.

I hope we stay competitive and it doesn't get ugly. A win would shut up all the naysayers who make it sound like Louisville is light years ahead of us.

Reaction Score
I guess full power Scotty isn't the solution to that screwup anymore. Christ just submerge a little and the problem was solved.

The tug lost propulsion backing out, and got hung up on the stern plane, and the correct thing to do was go all stop, and if it didn't dislodge, reverse bubble to blow the thing away from the boat. If you've ever been on a small boat, and go full throttle and rudder, the stern will swing real quick out of the way of something like this happening. Not so on a nuclear submarine, but apparently the correct call was made, when the thing was investigated. It was either do nothing, or try what they did.

All going full rudder and full ahead did was put the stern plane through the hull of the tug. It happened in the mid 80s, height of the cold war. The OOD and CO were investigated, and never found at fault, and didn't miss a rotation on patrol. The rumor was that the Sub had some kind of top secret "gadget" deployed that would be damaged if the sub stopped forward motion, and if they did a reverse bubble to blow the tug away from the boat, would clearly would be heard and tracked by Russian subs and compromise their mission. There's a story as well, that the tug itself was CIA contracted and operated.

So instead of stopping propulsion, and/or trying to use the screw to blow a wave of water at the tug and get it off, the sub holed her, ran her over, and sunk her. Two people were killed, and no officers were found at fault.

and with that - I hope we go down to Louisville and flex a little bit of muscle and roll over these Red Birds, and like good dogs, pee a little bit here and there to mark some territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom