Florida Gulf Coast Showcase 2015 | The Boneyard

Florida Gulf Coast Showcase 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been posted but I found this article.

The "tentative" field for the womens tourney in November is Stanford, Purdue, Louisville, LSU, Dayton, Missouri State......

Hard to imagine the UCONN women will go back to as they already play Stanford.

Was hoping they would head back to that tournament as it was a great atmosphere and some really good teams.

http://www.news-press.com/story/spo...wcase-makes-big-strides-second-year/19807883/

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been posted but I found this article.

Was hoping they would head back to that tournament as it was a great atmosphere and some really good teams.

http://www.news-press.com/story/spo...wcase-makes-big-strides-second-year/19807883/
You can't. That's part of the process. If you appear in the "same" tournament 2 years in a row, you lose the benefit of the tournament counting as only one game. I think that's why the "home" tourney for UConn went through various incanations - wasn't it in Springfield one year, maybe at Gampel one year, etc.

For some reason every 4 years comes to mind as meaning something, but I'm not sure it it still applies, or only applies to tourney's out of the country or what.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
A friend in Ft. Myers sent me all the local articles on the 2014 event. It was crystal clear that the
organizers just loved the presence of UConn...thanks to the fans we brought. I have little doubt
that we will get another invitation as soon as it is 'legal'.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A friend in Ft. Myers sent me all the local articles on the 2014 event. It was crystal clear that the
organizers just loved the presence of UConn...thanks to the fans we brought. I have little doubt
that we will get another invitation as soon as it is 'legal'.
I'll head back down for that again.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Is it kind of strange that they have a Florida Gulf Coast Tournament and FGCU isnt involved?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
OC: true enough! Especially given that their team is usually pretty good....kinda solid mid-majorish.
Remember that Mel Thomas used to be the director of women's basketball there. I was told that the 2015 field would indeed have FCGU included. Why the change...no idea.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Remember, like any other school, they can't be involved every season.

I'm sorry that I just don't feel up to digging out the rules about tournaments, they are in the NCAA policy manual I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom