Flo Hoops (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Flo Hoops (merged thread)

Reaction Score
Technically 4 games
2 Husky games (Minnesota on 11/20 and Syracuse or USF on 11/21) PLUS whatever the other 2 are (S.Carolina, Oregon and whatever)
so it actually works out to about $3.13 a game.
Worth every penny if the broadcast quality is decent.
There's also another tourney going on after the Bahamas with Stanford, Maryland and someone else. Games galore.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Technically 4 games
2 Husky games (Minnesota on 11/20 and Syracuse or USF on 11/21) PLUS whatever the other 2 are (S.Carolina, Oregon and whatever)
so it actually works out to about $3.13 a game.
Worth every penny if the broadcast quality is decent.
And, you can provide your own hamburgers, fully cooked and not still frozen in the middle, for less than $25. So a really good deal.

Reaction Score
And, you can provide your own hamburgers, fully cooked and not still frozen in the middle, for less than $25. So a really good deal.
And home fries, slaw, beer, and beer, and ice cream, and beer. And a recliner. And a short crawl to bed. And maybe a bedtime beer. :D And do it all again tomorrow. A complete healthy workout all around.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
With the UConn link discount. . . :rolleyes:
I pulled the trigger for $12.50.

Wife has been watching Indiana at Butler. :eek:

I'm thinking we might keep it through the basketball season & then cancel until next year. :)

Reaction Score
Students get top keep their UCONN.edu address for life. I wonder why they don't do that for alums.
It would maintain the connection and loyalty.

Reaction Score
Roku now has flosports for Free part of there service
A FloSports App can now be downloaded on Apple TV & Roku, but you still have to pay a subscription fee for live events:

The FloSports apps are free to download and include both free (Workout Wednesday, Run Junkie, etc.) and premium (FloFilms and most live events) content. Existing FloPRO subscribers on any FloSports website can view premium content with their existing login information, while new users can purchase FloPRO subscriptions via in-app purchases. Yearly subscribers to any FloSports website have universal access to premium content network-wide.

Reaction Score
Does anyone familiar with Flosports know if they archive games? I have other plans, but usually catch games on dvr. Was wondering if I could do that with this tournament. Thanks.

Reaction Score
FloHoops has past games (at least some) that you can stream. I tried to watch one last night and after about 10 minutes it froze and never returned. Not my idea of a professional well run experience.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
FloHoops has past games (at least some) that you can stream. I tried to watch one last night and after about 10 minutes it froze and never returned. Not my idea of a professional well run experience.
It works on my computer but not on the internet on my TV. It keeps saying "error can't connect". So i guess i need to watch them on my little computer screen. Can't wait to cancel my subscription.

Reaction Score
This broadcast is a joke. Freezes up all the time and when I restart, it's 50-50 whether I get the game in progress or the game from the beginning. Still watching, but pretty much seems like $12.50 down the tubes.

Reaction Score
This broadcast is a joke. Freezes up all the time and when I restart, it's 50-50 whether I get the game in progress or the game from the beginning. Still watching, but pretty much seems like $12.50 down the tubes.
I submitted a few tickets and got my money back. It was horrible, missed the entire first half...

Reaction Score
Already canceled my subscription. What a joke!

The tournament is a great idea and good for the women's game, but that was the most frustrating sports event I've watched in a long time, maybe back to adjusting the rabbit ear antenna era on the B&W TV.

Yep, I'm that old.

Reaction Score
Beyond the technical issues early-on, I thought the visual coverage was perhaps fair, while the commentary was absolutely horrid! From a visual perspective I cannot stand when live coverage is stepped-on, specifically here when the camera follows the prior scorer up close as they run up the court, rather than the ball. As for the commentators, they sounded like two women chatting about basketball in their living room with a game going in the background as a distraction on a tv. I'm already critical of the regular round of WBB announcers, but these two took extraneous chatting and ignoring the action/calls/subs etc. to a new level. My blood pressure dropped dramatically when I turned on the Huskies All-Access audio instead. A shoutout to HuskyFanBlue for the link to the Flo discount which tempers my exasperation!

Reaction Score
Beyond the technical issues early-on, I thought the visual coverage was perhaps fair, while the commentary was absolutely horrid! From a visual perspective I cannot stand when live coverage is stepped-on, specifically here when the camera follows the prior scorer up close as they run up the court, rather than the ball. As for the commentators, they sounded like two women chatting about basketball in their living room with a game going in the background as a distraction on a tv. I'm already critical of the regular round of WBB announcers, but these two took extraneous chatting and ignoring the action/calls/subs etc. to a new level. My blood pressure dropped dramatically when I turned on the Huskies All-Access audio instead. A shoutout to HuskyFanBlue for the link to the Flo discount which tempers my exasperation!
Still...something is better than nothing.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I agree with you about the commentary, another example of not really talking about the game action for most of the game. They seemed to let us know who scored but it seemed on a lot of the fouls they didn't mention who it was on. Especially on non shooting fouls.
And I mentioned this is a post game thread...on my streaming, the game clock and the display were not synced, the display was 10 seconds behind the game clock.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I thought the analyst grew into her role but the announcer was out of it. Messed up so many facts.

Reaction Score
I thought the analyst grew into her role but the announcer was out of it. Messed up so many facts.
Not really even sure who's who, but I've a beef with the one that said "again", again and again. I suggest that if every other statement one utters includes "again", that you're literally repeating everything you say! Bode Miller proved a master of this in his Oly skiing commentary.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If you can, may I suggest muting the Flohoops sound and getting your audio on the radio from Bob Joyce and Debbie Fiske? They will provide intelligent commentary. However, today their broadcast was about a minute ahead of the video feed, so I always knew what I was going to see next.

In the Hartford area, they were on FM 105.9 today, but they will be on 97.9 tomorrow. I believe their broadcasts are also available on ESPN digital radio channels.

Reaction Score
Click on this link for info regarding discounted Flo-Hoops

Thanks for posting the info and link for discounted rate. Jumped on it at 11:45am.
Well worth $12.50 plus tax for access to two games. Probably won’t use it anymore after these two games. Visual stream was a little ragged and announcers were poor but I got to see the game.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Just wondering: You fans who mentioned that your picture froze up during the game: do you have Optimum for your carrier?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom