FLA tourney game was UCONN's top performance of the year... | The Boneyard

FLA tourney game was UCONN's top performance of the year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Re-watched the game last night...

There was a point when UCONN was down 16-4 & Florida had a fast break (like a 3 on 1 advantage) & looked like they would easily convert with some type of high-flying dunk to make it 18-4… Had that happened I think KO would have been forced to take a timeout & I'm really not sure UCONN would have recovered…

Instead (as you all know), Florida doesn't convert & Daniel's hits the 3 & everything changes.

At one point later in the second half with UCONN up by 10 Greg Anthony states, with some surprise in his tone, that UCONN is just a better team than Florida.

I think it was the first time in the tournament that I really truly believed that UCONN really could win it all.

I recommend everyone re-watch this game… Was great!

Reaction Score
I'll just add this to your thread because it has been on my mind all day, but another positive from this run was taking out the two SEC teams in the final four. SEC fans Barkley etc. were starting to chirp about the SEC having two teams in the final four and their football dominance etc. We showed up, slapped those beeeotches, and told them to shut their mouths and know their place.

Reaction Score
I've already rewatched all of the tourney gaves 3+ times. Hell, I still have the 2011 games on my DVR and watch them (except the Butler game which is almost unwatchable - I'm glad we won but the arizona and kentucky games are so much more interesting).

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
We absolutely destroyed the guards from Mich St and Fla. Best 2 game defensive stretch I've ever seen.

Reaction Score

There was a point when UCONN was down 16-4 & Florida had a fast break (like a 3 on 1 advantage) & looked like they would easily convert with some type of high-flying dunk to make it 18-4… Had that happened I think KO would have been forced to take a timeout & I'm really not sure UCONN would have recovered…

Instead (as you all know), Florida doesn't convert & Daniel's hits the 3 & everything changes.

At one point later in the second half with UCONN up by 10 Greg Anthony states, with some surprise in his tone, that UCONN is just a better team than Florida.

I think it was the first time in the tournament that I really truly believed that UCONN really could win it all.

I recommend everyone re-watch this game… Was great!

Fact is, UConn is a better team than Florida. But I would agree with just about every point in your post.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

We would have recovered. Too much character in the back court not to.

Reaction Score

Wasn't that also when Allie Lafore (sp) interviewed Calhoun and he said that UConn was turning the corner?

Reaction Score
Wasn't that also when Allie Lafore (sp) interviewed Calhoun and he said that UConn was turning the corner?
Yes thats the way I remember it, I kinda laughed but felt good when he said that

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
NightDog said:

No, that was the Nova game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog