fla- pitts | The Boneyard

fla- pitts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What do you think? Fla seems a little tight lately and Pitts has been playing well. I'm hoping it's fla. But it is a tough matchup for any 1 seed.

Reaction Score
Florida is on our side of the bracket. If UConn wins tonight that will start to matter. PITT all the way to knock them out.

caw

Reaction Score
It's Pitt. Can you expect them to do well in a tournament? They shrivel up when the pressure is on.

Reaction Score
It's Pitt. Can you expect them to do well in a tournament? They shrivel up when the pressure is on.
Pittsburgh has been a disappointment in every NCAA tournament that I can remember and I'm really old. Frankly I was surprised that they beat Colorado. I have nothing against them. They have been a great regular season team and a very good Big East Tournament team but they have been consistently disappointing in the NCAA's. By the way, Pittsburgh is the only team in the top 30 that has not beaten a top 25 team. They are 0-5.

Reaction Score
The more college hoops I watch the more convinced I am Ollie did a great job this year. If he gets to the Sweet 16 about as good as possible.

Almost every team I watch looks bigger, longer, and stronger than us. Thankfully the incoming players next year will address that. But wow. The difference between a Nolan and these Pitt/Florida big men? WOW. Do they come in that big and strong or does our strength and conditioning program gotta improve?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I agree with Kenny Smith's great analysis at the half:

Florida (on D) is very tight so when Pitt gets inside, they either have to take the shot or pull it out.

Reaction Score
Well, Pitt is not boxing out, they are standing underneath the basket, they look slow, FL is on fire. It looks like Pitt is being Pitt in the NCAA. About to go 0-6 against Top 25.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
pitt is a typical case of a coach who recruits as he sees the league, repeat with same type players and doesn't see the full picture
nova, Marquette are also in this situation.
I understand that you need to be successful in the league but you need a mix of size shapes and forms to match-up-because of defections UConn falls into this category this year.

Reaction Score
ASweet3781 said:
The more college hoops I watch the more convinced I am Ollie did a great job this year. If he gets to the Sweet 16 about as good as possible. Almost every team I watch looks bigger, longer, and stronger than us. Thankfully the incoming players next year will address that. But wow. The difference between a Nolan and these Pitt/Florida big men? WOW. Do they come in that big and strong or does our strength and conditioning program gotta improve?

Can you imagine if we played Florida this year? No chance we could win.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Pittsburgh has been a disappointment in every NCAA tournament that I can remember and I'm really old. Frankly I was surprised that they beat Colorado. I have nothing against them. They have been a great regular season team and a very good Big East Tournament team but they have been consistently disappointing in the NCAA's. By the way, Pittsburgh is the only team in the top 30 that has not beaten a top 25 team. They are 0-5.

In some important ways I am delighted that SPitt is no longer in our conference. Year after year I gauged Spitt's strength and capabilities upon how hard they played against the Huskies. Couple that with conference loyalty when picking brackets and....Well....They busted my brackets more consistently than almost any other team..

Now I can pick them to bounce out in the round of 32 with confidence, accuracy and a light heart.

Reaction Score
ASweet3781 said:
That's why I said I think Ollie has done a great job.

Yeah I'm just busting balls. One thing I do agree on is that I am looking forward to increasing our size and athleticism next year. We have been undersized in the backcourt going on five years now at least.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
In some important ways I am delighted that SPitt is no longer in our conference. Year after year I gauged Spitt's strength and capabilities upon how hard they played against the Huskies. Couple that with conference loyalty when picking brackets and....Well....They busted my brackets more consistently than almost any other team..

Now I can pick them to bounce out in the round of 32 with confidence, accuracy and a light heart.

Like where I usually pick the rest of the ACC to make their exit.

Reaction Score
Do they come in that big and strong or does our strength and conditioning program gotta improve?

We clearly need to improve. Hopefully the new guy is allowed to push that improvement on our basketball team.

Reaction Score
I'm just shocked that Pitt did not make the Sweet Sixteen. :)

Reaction Score
Pittsburgh failed to crack 50 in both of their Tournament losses this season. Pittsburgh hatred aside, it's a chore to watch that team play.

Reaction Score
Don't like fla. But really dislike the Pitts. Luv the fact we beat the gators.

Reaction Score
If not for the PC collapse last night, I believe the ACC would have been down to just Cuse and UVA.

Reaction Score
The more college hoops I watch the more convinced I am Ollie did a great job this year. If he gets to the Sweet 16 about as good as possible.

Almost every team I watch looks bigger, longer, and stronger than us. Thankfully the incoming players next year will address that. But wow. The difference between a Nolan and these Pitt/Florida big men? WOW. Do they come in that big and strong or does our strength and conditioning program gotta improve?
I remember seeing these pictures earlier in the season, highlighting Florida's strength & conditioning program: http://imgur.com/a/mAUfE.

Reaction Score
Jeez! Those look like before and after PED pictures.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

So you are a "fool me twice+" sort of guy. Heh.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah, how did we win?

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics