Fixing football attendance in the NBE era. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Fixing football attendance in the NBE era.

Reaction Score
They tried to build the stadium in Storrs in the late 90s but the NIMBYs in Mansfield and the ever so-forward looking CT Legislature knocked it down.
Exactly...trying to have a Big Time Program with small time actors.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
After giving this more thought- I truly believe that after the next round of Conference musical chairs will start the doomsday scenario-- conference contraction. As TV dollars dry up- does the SEC say to Vandy - here's a check and a scheduling alliance- bye. Does the ACC say to BC and Pitt bye, it hasn't worked? Does the Big Ten say that Rutgers ROI isn't there since cable viewing dynamics have changed and say see ya? UConn might have due to finances cut the cord earlier than the other schools, but it is better to be ahead of the curve with a plan.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
What we learn next week will go a long a way toward making that decision.
Next week? Welp, “we” in general are unlikely to learn too many details within several days. More importantly, enabling possible scheduling alternatives will be interesting to observe over a few years. I like welp

Reaction Score
After giving this more thought- I truly believe that after the next round of Conference musical chairs will start the doomsday scenario-- conference contraction. As TV dollars dry up- does the SEC say to Vandy - here's a check and a scheduling alliance- bye. Does the ACC say to BC and Pitt bye, it hasn't worked? Does the Big Ten say that Rutgers ROI isn't there since cable viewing dynamics have changed and say see ya? UConn might have due to finances cut the cord earlier than the other schools, but it is better to be ahead of the curve with a plan.

Thoughts?
Maybe.

Reaction Score
I've changed my perspective. I think the odds are with us to succeed as an Independent until a new paradigm arises. I'm now even more excited to be there this fall to cheer the team on.

You are such an optimist

Frankly ... we will get better over the next few years. I am sad at what we left. But game by game? Old Dominion or Liberty or Army or Buffalo as opponents are just as meaningful as a bunch of the AAC. MSG again in March. The Fanbase has to get energized ... and I don't know where we start.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've changed my perspective. I think the odds are with us to succeed as an Independent until a new paradigm arises. I'm now even more excited to be there this fall to cheer the team on.
I’m not as optimistic... but... Benefits of a conference membership never materialized during our time in the AAC. We’re at the point where we can say it without much downside risk.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Next week? Welp, “we” in general are unlikely to learn too many details within several days. More importantly, enabling possible scheduling alternatives will be interesting to observe over a few years. I like welp
I think we've learned a lot of it already. No MAC, no CUSA, so we're independent. But there will be some kind of narrative for how we'll go forward. Hopefully it isn't just go independent, cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom