FIU Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FIU Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A couple of adjustments needed. Next offsides by a OL, and guilty party pulled and sits the rest of the game. The next whiff on a tackle (or failure to wrap up), guilty party pulled immediately and sits rest of game. The next time a WR doesn't know where the 1st down line is on 3rd or 4th down, he gets pulled immediately and sat for rest of game. The next time the OC sends 4 receivers against 7 defenders in a must have situation, he gets fined, suspended for the next game.

Orc

Reaction Score
D
0-3 is rough. I was expecting 2-1 when the schedule came out. This is looking like a 1 win or 2 win season
Yuck. Im glad no more reallingment talk for several years. This football program is so yikes.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Hurley is dumb enough to bring Flagg to watch this dumpster fire.
Flagg knows the football team isn't the basketball team. The team has the elements to be successful...just not putting it all together.

It's the Sophomore slump...year 3 is when to bring the towel out...year 4, throw it out.

Still a 10,000% better product than what RE brought to the field.

Reaction Score
Fire charlton. Hire a guy who played tecmo. Come up with 4-8 plays and just perfect them. Have every play include a 5 yard slant and a QB who can hit a guy in the damn numbers. And yes use Fridge Perry on every short yardage play.
Oh yeah and have 2 of the 8 plays involve a tight end over the middle who gets a pass.

Reaction Score
Flagg knows the football team isn't the basketball team. The team has the elements to be successful...just not putting it all together.

It's the Sophomore slump...year 3 is when to bring the towel out...year 4, throw it out.

Still a 10,000% better product than what RE brought to the field.
No it’s not. Stop lying. This is the worst possible performance out of 131 D1 teams. We’re back to being a literal joke and it’s pathetic. There’s not a single silver lining. Our best case scenario is a 3-9 season.

Reaction Score
The product on the field is incredibly low quality. For outsiders looking in, probably comically low quality

The only hope is that the team takes some momentum from the second half and puts that foot forward for future games. A 14-0 second half shutout of FIU should lead to a big victory but unfortunately they go home 0-3 today

9 more shots to win 6 games..

Reaction Score
We are by far the worst team in the FBS. Literally the laughingstock of the country yet again.

This season is an absolute dumpster fire and whether you want to blame the coach the administration or the players it’s clear we can’t compete. Where do we go from here? I don’t know if anyone has the answer but FCS probably isn’t too far off.
You have blown your cover already.

Reaction Score
I watched UVA/Maryland play last night. The UVA QB (a freshman) threw 3 picks and they lost. And they still looked so much better than us.

Reaction Score
USF hanging with #10 Bama, BC almost beat FSU, JMU beats Virginia at their place .... UConn .. destroyed by Georgia State, and collapses vs. FIU ... sure feels like every team has improved YOY except for UConn and that there is not one winable game except for garbage game vs. SHU

Reaction Score
Would be over the moon if we can find a way to beat UMass and SHU at this point. I'd sign up for 2-10 right now because that is looking highly unlikely currently

Reaction Score
This is the end of UConn football. I’m calling it now. We couldn’t afford another <3 win season and here it is on a platter. there’s literally no hope because we physically don’t have the talent to compete at this level. Mora is a failure.

And the worst part is we don’t get a second chance. You can’t hype up the program like this and then go 3-9. It’s over guys. Nice knowing y’all.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
My cousin lives in Wethersfield, he is the UT club of Connecticut. He commented that UConn and the Vols could both have perfect records heading into Knoxville 11/4. I can't argue after what I saw today

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me ... seriously, why do opponents live in our backfield? Is it something with the strength/size of our OLine, other teams stack the box, is our OLine (outside of Haynes) not built at an FBS level, that our non-run plays take too long to develop or do we have the QB roll out of the box too much, seriously what is it that makes it so easy for opponents to get to our QB or even RBs in the backfield?

Reaction Score
This is the end of UConn football. I’m calling it now. We couldn’t afford another <3 win season and here it is on a platter. there’s literally no hope because we physically don’t have the talent to compete at this level. Mora is a failure.

And the worst part is we don’t get a second chance. You can’t hype up the program like this and then go 3-9. It’s over guys. Nice knowing y’all.

Stop dude. We aren't dropping football.

Reaction Score
I had hopes on Mora. I was a believer. I thought he would at least establish some competency in this program. But this year has been a regression. They are being out coached in all the games they have played so far. Yes, UConn football is a tough sell, but there were glimmers last year that they could at least be a competitive program. Not so this year as of the third game. The coaches he hired are not very good, in particular the poor offensive coordinator. The transfers he's brought in have not been productive. But overall they are just not prepared. If you can't tackle, block, or catch the ball, there is a problem with the coaching. This is on Mora. Right now, three wins might be the best the fans can hope far. It's very disappointing.

Reaction Score
Worst thing with Mora and Charlton is that they convinced theirselves they could win (6) games in CFB with this futlile rugby scum offense that was 117 worst in CFB last year. And won't they spread it out , open things up and force the opponents defense to actually have to cover some one on an island until they're so far behind it's to late. Earth to Mora, your "a running team my ass". Not when every DC you play or any fan with a set of eyes knows exactly what coming, SMH ! Your pathetic OC had you at the #125 worst O coming into this game, what are you guys shooting for ? ....last in the country?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Once again, UConn won time of possession, 1st downs, 3rd down conversion rate. But that doesn't matter much when the opponent busts multiple big plays in 1st half and takes a solid lead.

Funny thing is, I think (and it may be bad memory) that guys like Pindell and Shirreffs would do fairly well with this team as both were capable of creating something out of nothing. We just don't have that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom