Fisher:''I still think we were better than Connecticut when they won the national championship,'' | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Fisher:''I still think we were better than Connecticut when they won the national championship,''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are throwing a lot of stones at Fisher when we have been in some glass houses. 1994, 1996, 2006, 2008 and 2012 come to mind. The only programs who have never lost to an inferior opponent in the NCAA Tournament are programs like Rutgers that suck so bad they have never gone. If a program has been to the dance more than a handful of times, it has probably lost to someone it shouldn't have lost to.
Or you could be like Jimmy and Cuse and do it 6 times. To double-digit seeds.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
We are throwing a lot of stones at Fisher when we have been in some glass houses. 1994, 1996, 2006, 2008 and 2012 come to mind. The only programs who have never lost to an inferior opponent in the NCAA Tournament are programs like Rutgers that suck so bad they have never gone. If a program has been to the dance more than a handful of times, it has probably lost to someone it shouldn't have lost to.

As usual, missing the point. Did we lose to inferior teams? Sure...

...was our coach dumb enough to say on a large stage that we were better, years later? No...

Reaction Score
I'll be looking for the same proclamation after last night's SDSU loss...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We are throwing a lot of stones at Fisher when we have been in some glass houses. 1994, 1996, 2006, 2008 and 2012 come to mind. The only programs who have never lost to an inferior opponent in the NCAA Tournament are programs like Rutgers that suck
so bad they have never gone. If a program has been to the dance more than a handful of times, it has probably lost to someone it shouldn't have lost to.

Stop. This thread is for the purpose of calling out Fisher for his, "We were better than UConn" comment, no more. He opened the door. If you must, start a "UConn has sometimes underperformed" thread elsewhere, not here. Irrelevant.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Or you could be like Jimmy and Cuse and do it 6 times. To double-digit seeds.

Coach Ratface is right on his tail though, unless he gets the seeding process changed.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Stop. This thread is for the purpose of calling out Fisher for his, "We were better than UConn" comment, no more. He opened the door. If you must, start a "UConn has sometimes underperformed" thread elsewhere, not here. Irrelevant.

If it was Boeheim or Ratface, I would be all for piling on the stupidity of a statement like that. I kind of like Fisher and I don't think what he said, in that context, was all that bad.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
As usual, missing the point. Did we lose to inferior teams? Sure...

...was our coach dumb enough to say on a large stage that we were better, years later? No...

I think Calhoun has commented on the George Mason loss along similar lines, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has said something about the 1994 loss to Florida too. Guys like Calhoun and Fisher just speak what they think. they don't have agendas with every word that comes out of their mouth like Kzyzewski or Boeheim. I think we are making a big deal about nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom