First UConn practice under TJW | Page 2 | The Boneyard

First UConn practice under TJW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
C'mon guys... it clearly has to be Macklemore/Ray Lewis - You Can't Hold Us!

Watch @ least first minute ;)

Would love it if they came into the stadium with a big UCONN flag to this song. Have to watch the video to understand.

Reaction Score
Got a bunch of Casey Kasems over here. Kids don't want to hear any of your old fogie music!

I was going to say exactly the same thing. The kids want Kanye and Lil Wayne and Kendrick Lamar and Drake.

The Rocky Theme?! Geeeeeesh.

Reaction Score
Very cool, I read something similar how the seahawks practice with a DJ and stuff

Reaction Score
It's time to bring back Rage Against the Machine right before kickoff. "It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime. What better place than here what better time than now".

This one needs to go to WM and TJW... even if just for the USF game!

Reaction Score
Would love it if they came into the stadium with a big UCONN flag to this song. Have to watch the video to understand.

Time to re-iterate the need for 2 guys from what ever the cheerleaders are called nowadays to pull Jonathan (guy in a suit) on a cart like a dogsled with the flag...
picLowellWinterfestHumanDogsled130223W_0590w1050full.jpg

Reaction Score
Time to re-iterate the need for 2 guys from what ever the cheerleaders are called nowadays to pull Jonathan (guy in a suit) on a cart like a dogsled with the flag...

Or Maybe real Jonathan can be on the cart...
dog-sled-race.jpg

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
It was probably the intro to Welcome to the Jungle over and over.

Reaction Score
This one needs to go to WM and TJW... even if just for the USF game!

Yes, Yes and YES. And "We Ready" always, ALWAYS needs to be played in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
First 4 paragraphs are about music in practice... TJW gets it (now win!!)

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/10/change-is-music-to-tj-weists-ears.html

""I focused on some of the music that other teams play in stadiums, whether it is Back in Black or Enter the Sandman. I have no idea about some of the latest hits so I let some of the players pick that, I couldn’t name any of them. I try not to go back too far to the 70s. I don’t know how long there are going to let me keep the music going on my terms because they don’t recognize any of it. I want to teach them musicology, I want to teach them the evolution of music. I want to get them motivated for practice so I don’t want to make it a learning session but they appreciate it and I will mix it up every day throw in some country and throw in some rock and roll, throw in some opera, punk and dance music or whatever gets these guys motivated. Heck, half the time I have to make it the instrumental because we have some people out at practice and I can’t hear those words they are saying but the worst part is they play the instrumental (version) and the players sing it anyways."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom