First Team Workout in the Books | Page 3 | The Boneyard

First Team Workout in the Books

Reaction Score
Dribble left, hesitate, change of speed and direction burst to the basket. Perfect. I smiled at that as well. Of course the biggest smiles or reserved for watching Paige play basketball again. She had a nice hesitation move as well!
Me likey KK!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
They look good here, especially Jana driving the lane, and Ice with a midrange jumper, and KK with that deadly crossover.

I would love to see a similar video of much longer length. We want to see a longer view of each player . These 1-minute videos are a tease. :confused:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Great to see that Paige and Ice are participating in the scrimmage, I actually was not expecting that.

Aubrey, Azzi and Caroline as well, though that was expected.

Yikes, KK faked that practice player out of camera range. I heard that he asked that the tape be destroyed. :cool:

Love the June practice sessions. Get everybody (almost) together, very little pressure, first year players starting to fit in, time for improvement and optimism.

I am looking for someone to jump out and make a statement here. Last season, it was Lou. Who will it be this June? I`m going to go with KK but don`t sleep on Qadence.

I also agree that longer videos would be much appreciated!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nika seems to have been the only one sweating ... a hard night drinking or just Nika hard? On KK's crossover, in other films it seems like she gets closer than most before her move comes out, making the chance of defender recovery slim indeed. Jana, I like her game face. Like it a lot. Caroline so happy, rejuvenated.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Nika seems to have been the only one sweating ... a hard night drinking or just Nika hard? On KK's crossover, in other films it seems like she gets closer than most before her move comes out, making the chance of defender recovery slim indeed. Jana, I like her game face. Like it a lot. Caroline so happy, rejuvenated.
You got a witness Rocky!! :D

Carnac

Reaction Score
I want the season to start soon as much as the rest of you........but I understand that a lot of "indoctrination" and assimilation into the UConn WBB program has to occur with our newbies before they'll be ready to play a meaningful game, even an exhibition game. I'm talking about the games in November, not August.

The exhibition games in August are nothing more than glorified "pick-up" games. I've got the WNBA (which I love) that is in full swing and the NFL season which begins playing exhibition games in August, and college football (September) to keep me going until WCBB begins that first week in November. I love the NFL. I broke down and purchased the NFL Sunday Ticket last week. I want to see my favorite teams play every week, not just when the networks decide to "randomly" broadcast their games in my market. All things in time. The players that were on the "IR" last year will need that extra time to get their sea legs and their conditioning back, in order to hit the ground running in November.

The "PRESEASON" schedule is usually released sometime in September. We'll find out then who they play, and how many games Geno has scheduled this year. Remember, the Big East has reduced the number of conference basketball games from 20 to 18 beginning this coming season. That means that conference schools can add two more non-conference games to their schedules if they wish. It will be interesting to see if Geno does. I would like to see Duke, LSU, Louisville, Gonzaga, and UCLA/USC added to the out-of-conference (OOC) schools UConn plays every year. Yes, I'm being selfish. I want UConn to come out to the west coast every other year. :)

OLD NEWS -
The UConn women's basketball team has been invited to compete in the inaugural Cayman Islands Classic women's college basketball tournament this coming season, as announced by Caymax Sports Ltd. Eight teams will compete in the 2-day Classic on Thanksgiving weekend Nov. 24-25 at John Gray Gymnasium.

The tournament field also includes the 2023 NCAA Champion LSU, Virginia Tech, UCLA, Kansas, Niagara, Tulane, and Virginia. The tournament bracket and matchups will be announced at a later date. I would love for UConn to play LSU that weekend. The two BIGGEST and most noteworthy programs attending the tournament/showcase should play each other. Make the trip worthwhile.

Reaction Score
I want the season to start soon as much as the rest of you........but I understand that a lot of "indoctrination" and assimilation into the UConn WBB program has to occur with our newbies before they'll be ready to play a meaningful game, even an exhibition game. I'm talking about the games in November, not August.

The exhibition games in August are nothing more than glorified "pick-up" games. I've got the WNBA (which I love) that is in full swing and the NFL season which begins playing exhibition games in August, and college football (September) to keep me going until WCBB begins that first week in November. I love the NFL. I broke down and purchased the NFL Sunday Ticket last week. I want to see my favorite teams play every week, not just when the networks decide to "randomly" broadcast their games in my market. All things in time. The players that were on the "IR" last year will need that extra time to get their sea legs and their conditioning back, in order to hit the ground running in November.

The "PRESEASON" schedule is usually released sometime in September. We'll find out then who they play, and how many games Geno has scheduled this year. Remember, the Big East has reduced the number of conference basketball games from 20 to 18 beginning this coming season. That means that conference schools can add two more non-conference games to their schedules if they wish. It will be interesting to see if Geno does. I would like to see Duke, LSU, Louisville, Gonzaga, and UCLA/USC added to the out-of-conference (OOC) schools UConn plays every year. Yes, I'm being selfish. I want UConn to come out to the west coast every other year. :)

OLD NEWS -
The UConn women's basketball team has been invited to compete in the inaugural Cayman Islands Classic women's college basketball tournament this coming season, as announced by Caymax Sports Ltd. Eight teams will compete in the 2-day Classic on Thanksgiving weekend Nov. 24-25 at John Gray Gymnasium.

The tournament field also includes the 2023 NCAA Champion LSU, Virginia Tech, UCLA, Kansas, Niagara, Tulane, and Virginia. The tournament bracket and matchups will be announced at a later date. I would love for UConn to play LSU that weekend. The two BIGGEST and most noteworthy programs attending the tournament/showcase should play each other. Make the trip worthwhile.
Haven’t all games been confirmed except for one against a TBD opponent in Canada that they are trying to schedule for Edwards’s homecoming?

Two games in the Cayman Islands, @ South Carolina, North Carolina, Louisville, Ball State, Dayton, Notre Dame, @ Nc State, @ Texas, @Minnessota and then one TBD neutral site game in Toronto.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Haven’t all games been confirmed except for one against a TBD opponent in Canada that they are trying to schedule for Edwards’s homecoming?

Two games in the Cayman Islands, @ South Carolina, North Carolina, Louisville, Ball State, Dayton, Notre Dame, @ Nc State, @ Texas, @Minnessota and then one TBD neutral site game in Toronto.
If they have, I missed it. Link please. Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ines put in that work! Next to her is KK.
I think Ines and Amari will have a huge impact on the team this season and going forward. I saw a video of Ines working out (here or on one of the other platforms) and her shot looked fluid. Her handles were tight. She looked comfortable coming off screens. Basketball is a game of angles and Ines was working those angles well. She just looked very fluid in her movement.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
When Paige was driving left and made that beautiful right handed reverse spin layup I caught a glimpse of Ice cutting to the hoop and being ready for a pass. She has it figured out be ready at any time for the pass as she did and put in the short jumper. I am getting excited to see KK with that crossover and mid range jumper. Aubrey with her slash and dash to to hoop. Wow we are loaded if healthy.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Great to see that Paige and Ice are participating in the scrimmage, I actually was not expecting that.

Aubrey, Azzi and Caroline as well, though that was expected.

Yikes, KK faked that practice player out of camera range. I heard that he asked that the tape be destroyed. :cool:

Love the June practice sessions. Get everybody (almost) together, very little pressure, first year players starting to fit in, time for improvement and optimism.

I am looking for someone to jump out and make a statement here. Last season, it was Lou. Who will it be this June? I`m going to go with KK but don`t sleep on Qadence.

I also agree that longer videos would be much appreciated!
Several thoughts here……
1. One word that describes KK’s crossover is simply “wicked.” :eek:
2. This is June. The season begins 5 months from now. More than enough time for the freshmen to learn enough of the system to play meaningful minutes in it, and the team to mesh.
3. Paige turns 22 on October 20. She has grown and matured to become a savvy young woman. She is the undisputed leader of this team. She should be ready to lead this team back to the final four this year with few if any losses along the way. She will have lots of support.
4. This should be Amari’s breakout year. It’s time. If not now, when? Geno should have lots of viable options at the 5 this season. This may be the best team Geno has had since the Stewart era.
5. UConn WBB should be the hottest ticket in town this season, home and on the road.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jana needs a higher ball release point or she will be turnovers prone. It's been a pattern with out Bigs lately. Otoh, Brady and Paige look very good.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Several thoughts here……
1. One word that describes KK’s crossover is simply “wicked.” :eek:
2. This is June. The season begins 5 months from now. More than enough time for the freshmen to learn enough of the system to play meaningful minutes in it, and the team to mesh.
3. Paige turns 22 on October 20. She has grown and matured to become a savvy young woman. She is the undisputed leader of this team. She should be ready to lead this team back to the final four this year with few if any losses along the way. She will have lots of support.
4. This should be Amari’s breakout year. It’s time. If not now, when? Geno should have lots of viable options at the 5 this season. This may be the best team Geno has had since the Stewart era.
5. UConn WBB should be the hottest ticket in town this season, home and on the road.
Word!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom