First it was three, then four and now five | The Boneyard

First it was three, then four and now five

Reaction Score
This group in rounding into one of the very best "TEAMS" ever. Perhaps the most unselfish group of players to have played the game at such a high level. Gabby Williams is simply all-world, Napheesa Collier seemly is always in the right spot for easy put backs time and time again, and Katie Lou Samuelson is capable of taking over any game at any time. Kia Nurse has come on strong in all aspects of the game (although she still doesn't pass the ball to Lou when she's in a position to score). Saniya Chong has made a believer out of me. She has a complete game and is beginning to show it consistently.

Reaction Score
This group in rounding into one of the very best "TEAMS" ever. Perhaps the most unselfish group of players to have played the game at such a high level. Gabby Williams is simply all-world, Napheesa Collier seemly is always in the right spot for easy put backs time and time again, and Katie Lou Samuelson is capable of taking over any game at any time. Kia Nurse has come on strong in all aspects of the game (although she still doesn't pass the ball to Lou when she's in a position to score). Saniya Chong has made a believer out of me. She has a complete game and is beginning to show it consistently.

SHOUT OUT FOR SANIYA! She and Kia, Gabby and Collier all need confidence for their outside shots. When they are in rhythm and stroking it, we are unbeatable. Lou is in a world of her own.

Reaction Score
SHOUT OUT FOR SANIYA! She and Kia, Gabby and Collier all need confidence for their outside shots. When they are in rhythm and stroking it, we are unbeatable. Lou is in a world of her own.
katie Lou ---seems to begin hitting everything--in abt the 2nd quarter she misses like 6 in a row--then she's again hitting every thing--she's done that a few games now--I wonder what happens--tired, foot bothering her, or just distracted/////??

Reaction Score
Great and important post, HumblePie.

Saniya had her break out game after UConn decided to let Crystal to play a little against USF before shutting her down. I think there's a connection: once Saniya knew there was no one coming in after a couple of minutes, she was free to play her own game. Even today, when she didn't score until late, her overall play and integration into team play was excellent. I know Geno is still holding his breath on whether the "good Saniya" will continue. I think that now it will.

Reaction Score

Saniya had her break out game after UConn decided to let Crystal to play a little against USF before shutting her down. I think there's a connection: once Saniya knew there was no one coming in after a couple of minutes, she was free to play her own game. Even today, when she didn't score until late, her overall play and integration into team play was excellent. I know Geno is still holding his breath on whether the "good Saniya" will continue. I think that now it will.

Good point. It can be a problem with a player who is on the court looking over their shoulders and wondering if they're going to come out the game and possibly not get back in because of performance issues. A lot of us can see that she is more comfortable and her performance reflects that.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

I was especially pleased when she hit that 3 early in the 2nd half
to get her back in a scoring frame of mind.

"you betta not pout..."

And then the Gabby like OO-bounds play (that was Saniya, wasn't it?)
becoming essential...or better...integral.

Reaction Score
katie Lou ---seems to begin hitting everything--in abt the 2nd quarter she misses like 6 in a row--then she's again hitting every thing--she's done that a few games now--I wonder what happens--tired, foot bothering her, or just distracted/////??

I'm one of Katie Lou's biggest fans, have been since she was knee high to a grasshopper so-to-speak. IMHO, she is clearly the best player on the team if for no other reason than she can (and does) take over games with her ability to score from all over the court. However, I wish she would stop taking so many shots when she's not in rhythm. She fires up at least four, five or six shots per game when she's not in balance and has hurried to get them off. John Wooden (a fairly good coach in his own right) use to teach, "be quick, but don't hurry." Lou should heed that advice. Can you imagine what her shoot percentage would be if she eliminated those not in rhythm shots?

Reaction Score
I'm one of Katie Lou's biggest fans, have been since she was knee high to a grasshopper so-to-speak. IMHO, she is clearly the best player on the team if for no other reason than she can (and does) take over games with her ability to score from all over the court. However, I wish she would stop taking so many shots when she's not in rhythm. She fires up at least four, five or six shots per game when she's not in balance and has hurried to get them off. John Wooden (a fairly good coach in his own right) use to teach, "be quick, but don't hurry." Lou should heed that advice. Can you imagine what her shoot percentage would be if she eliminated those not in rhythm shots?
Of all the things John Wooden said--the most quoted, factually, is: Be Quick --don't hurry. Quick and Fast are different--young players don't understand --and some old farts .
I thought for a minute you were going to chew me out for "dissing" KLS. I love everything abt Katie Lou. Apparently, I am NOT her biggest fan--that title was taken by you--
Until you wrote it--I didn't put together --her out of rhythm shooting. It makes sense!!

Reaction Score
Katie Lou is the best player on the team, she must be the best player of the country.

Reaction Score
Good catch

Good catch you and Humble pie---if you have to worry about the "hook" while you are entertaining--half of your attention is on the hook--BB is entertainment--Geno's words.

Reaction Score
What I liked about Chong's game was, though she missed her first two 3's, she contributed with assists and defense: and, later, took open 3's and made them.

Danger being out will definitely help her, and Molly.

Reaction Score
it's because she's the female rick barry (without the granny free throws)[/QUOTE
it's because she's the female rick barry (without the granny free throws)
Granny throws/? Ageist---Sexist/? I done larned how to shove a brakestball in nun braket. O crurse it were
un reel brasket. Done throwed ut byze 2;s hans --twixt and between mine legs--really hard to do with fast breaks.
(of course every word is just kidding)

Reaction Score
Katie Lou is the best player on the team, she must be the best player of the country.
Best player?? I don't know! But she is for sure the only player on the team that can (and did) take over games--and alone can move a stagnant score from 50 tie to a 20 point advantage--simply by willing her self to do it--and puking between shots.
That was one of the most amazing and encouraging performance i have ever witnessed in watching and playing basketball.
Nan said she was channeling DT. (or words to that effect). High praise indeed~!!

Reaction Score
1-- I love to watch Lou shoot the ball -- whether she is "in rhythm or not." I encourage her to keep shooting. What a beautiful shot.
2-- I love Kia Nurse's passing. Averaging nearly 4 assists per game with a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio. Also love how she is tough. I like "tough" "a lot."
3-- I love watching Gabby play. Tough. Quick. Explosive. OFC the athleticism- but her passing inside - her assist to turnover ratio is ow over 1.8 -- and hwo she steals passes or off the dribble is just unbelievably amazing in these aspects.
4-- I love Napheesa's versatility and resourcefulness. She can defend anyone, rebound vs anyone and score anywhere.
5-- I love Saniya's skill and heart. At times I get the feeling of a tone that she has been under-utilized. IMO so off-base. She is doing what upperclassmen do along with she is healthy. She stuck through 4 years where many would "quit." She is playing like an upperclassman should/would.
6-- I love Nat's ability to face up and stick jumpers. Her ability to rebound and her ability to pass looks real good.

Can anyone contact SNY or PCTV etc and have them put the practices on tv? I'll pay!!! :):):)

Reaction Score
Granny throws/? Ageist---Sexist/? I done larned how to shove a brakestball in nun braket. O crurse it were
un reel brasket. Done throwed ut byze 2;s hans --twixt and between mine legs--really hard to do with fast breaks.
(of course every word is just kidding)

ever see barry play in his prime? you would know what i'm talking about. and those granny free throws were shot at a 90% clip. maybe just kidding but not funny in the least

Reaction Score
Best player?? I don't know! But she is for sure the only player on the team that can (and did) take over games--and alone can move a stagnant score from 50 tie to a 20 point advantage--simply by willing her self to do it--and puking between shots.
That was one of the most amazing and encouraging performance i have ever witnessed in watching and playing basketball.
Nan said she was channeling DT. (or words to that effect). High praise indeed~!!

Best player on the team! Have we begun that too? She plays her role as all the others. As a previous post noted- when Gabby sits, the flow is different. How many games would we have survived without Gabby, Napheesa, etc. They are all individually critical and good. Is Lou really better then Pheesa if the latter suddenly shows that she too can shoot and make 3s? Do we really need her to be so far from the basket? You can't have all five roaming around shooting- it too have consequences.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I love to watch this team get out running. The outlet, the push up court, the lane fill, the feed, the catch and shoot -- it's the same every time no matter who has the ball. They all have the same idea of what they're doing and they all have the confidence that every one else is where they expect them to be. They can all run, they can all pass, they can all shoot; it's a thing of beauty.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
.. and I forgot the most important part of my previous post... Every time I watch them, commenters are raving about the passing and no one ever remarks about the incredible hands they all show. Their collective ability to catch on the run and get a shot off is at times mesmerizing. Yes, they make some incredible passes but they always seem to know that the ball is going to be caught. It looks like pure athleticism but they must spend a lot of practice time on catching and shooting on the run.

Reaction Score
.. and I forgot the most important part of my previous post... Every time I watch them, commenters are raving about the passing and no one ever remarks about the incredible hands they all show. Their collective ability to catch on the run and get a shot off is at times mesmerizing. Yes, they make some incredible passes but they always seem to know that the ball is going to be caught. It looks like pure athleticism but they must spend a lot of practice time on catching and shooting on the run.

Excellent point! Napheesa pulls some in that are unbelievable.
Lou's one handed resulted in a bucket and one, while Diana's incredible flip back to Jessica only resulted in oohs and aahs but no points.

Reaction Score
There was a moment in the second half where Saniya's player juked and blew by her as Saniya bit badly on the fake.

My less than conscious reaction was "here comes the hook".

But it didn't and she came down and buried the trey. Meghan even commented on it.

It is a new day for Saniya.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom