?First Commit for 2015 Class - Moses Mayes of Faulkner University (NAIA) -or Not! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

?First Commit for 2015 Class - Moses Mayes of Faulkner University (NAIA) -or Not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah, if he's already backing out of his verbal less than 24 hours after he made it, it's probably time to move on. Shame because I think his size and agility could have helped us in our return game and lined up in the slot, ala Larry Taylor a few years ago. Oh well.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Dude must have been playing us. We just got Kasongo'ed again

Dooley

Reaction Score
In retrospect - I'm thinking someoen whispered in Des' ear on this one...

My first thought too. Coaches can't make comments on kids but maybe a staffer tipped him off that no offer was ever made and this was news to them.

Reaction Score
wtf. Which man killed it for UConn? Desmond conner?

First off Des is a SU fan. Second...give credit where credit is due...Des smelled something funny about it.

I think it was the BY and people questioning his ability due to his height. Nice job guys. :rolleyes:

Or he just got an email from the the UConn staff saying you can't commit because we haven't offered yet.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
wtf. Which man killed it for UConn? Desmond conner?
I was just about to post that! Lol if this kid is too thin skinned to pull out b/c of a comment from a beat writer!

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
sportsart said:
First off Des is a SU fan. Second...give credit where credit is due...Des smelled something funny about it. I think it was the BY and people questioning his ability due to his height. Nice job guys. :rolleyes: Or he just got an email from the the UConn staff saying you can't commit because we haven't offered yet.
yup not faulting DC at all, he was prob tipped off by staff that no offer out.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Stop blaming Dez on this one guys. There was obviously something fishy here if the kid is pulling his verbal less than 24 hours after he made it. Heck, less than 12 hours after he made it. Probably never had an offer ( at least not yet) and after this, it's unlikely he will get one now. Dez probably got tipped off by somebody or put two and two together that nobody recruited this kid and it would be odd of UCONN to offer blind off of tape.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Moses just DM'd on twitter (after I tweeted des about him being right)

Basically saying that DC (without using his name) was the reason that he de-committed so fast. "Yall still in the running though"Not sure if I even want to respond.

Does this kid even exist?

Reaction Score
Yeah, this kid seems to have a lot of fun with social media. He reached out to me a couple of times to make him UConn edits on Twitter and I obliged. After one of them he told me that if the pic got either 50 favorites or 50 retweets, he would commit to UConn.

:confused::confused::confused:

You're basing the next 4 years of your life off of Twitter? From there, I knew there was something fishy with the whole recruitment, and Dez's comments are a solid confirmation for me.

Dooley

Reaction Score
247 says he made an unofficial visit to UCONN on 4/17 and that Oregon State offered him yesterday.

• Apr 24
    5_20779.gif

Offer
  • Apr 17
    5_1141348.png

U. Visit
    4/17/2014: Moses Mayes unofficially visits Connecticut Huskies

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He would be the smallest player on the Women's Basketball Team..................by 2".

Reaction Score
And now I've been reminded why I don't follow recruiting as closely as others. This kind of stuff drives me nuts. Seems like he's just trying to get more traffic to his Twitter profile.

Next...

Me too. I'll poke around a bit but my God following recruiting is painful and it's just not fun for me personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom