Fire the Refs | The Boneyard

Fire the Refs

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Somebody please post the calls in the 4th qtr of Troy and Texas AM Troy driving the lane and getting called for a charge the announcers went nuts when the replay was played more then once. Then the Troy player driving the land getting clobbered by TAM player and the worst of all with seconds left TAM throws the ball in and the TAM player fumbles the ball and dribbles over half court onto the other side and is dribbling and no over and back call. TAM won. Fire those REFS. Please someone post those 3 plays late in the 4th qtr.

Reaction Score
Somebody please post the calls in the 4th qtr of Troy and Texas AM Troy driving the lane and getting called for a charge the announcers went nuts when the replay was played more then once. Then the Troy player driving the land getting clobbered by TAM player and the worst of all with seconds left TAM throws the ball in and the TAM player fumbles the ball and dribbles over half court onto the other side and is dribbling and no over and back call. TAM won. Fire those REFS. Please someone post those 3 plays late in the 4th qtr.

Reaction Score
I couldn't find the first two plays, but the backcourt situation is replayed on ESPN.com. Part of the problem there is that it is clear neither announcer has a clue about the rule. It was close, but the refs' decision is not blatantly incorrect. TA&M clearly touched the ball in frontcourt - but that is irrelevant. For it to be over-and-back, they must CONTROL the ball before going into backcourt. There is one "fumble" that clearly is not control. Then a player bats it - which might be called a controlled dribble - but it could have gone either way.

Reaction Score
the backcourt miss was putrid. right in front of the ref and clear as crystal ... not that it was likely to effect the outcome at that point .... but c'mon. ridiculous!

Not at all clear. Very close call as to whether TA&M clearly had possession before it went into backcourt.

Reaction Score
Same things happen to Wright State vs. Arkansa game. Arkansas got 28 FTs thanks to the bad refs. Bur Wright State won the game 66-62.

I always wonder if those things happen what you can do? Special if you lose the game due to bad refs. Looks like nothing you can do ~~~

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Here's something I find odd about the rules. (not the Refs fault.) How can they spend 10 minutes watching game video to determine whether to add a tenth of a second to the game clock, but can't review a questionable foul call or non-call? Coaches should be given a challenge like in football. They need to get it right.

Reaction Score
She has control on the 2nd dribble and then goes into the backcourt.
I just looked at the Over and Back and Backcourt violation rule and I didn’t see anything about control or possession. It only mentions touching. She obviously touched it and touched it last before it went into the backcourt, where she touched it again. That’s a backcourt violation. Maybe I missed something.
Based on the refs interpretation, you can go backcourt as long as you don’t have control. Which means that there would never be a backcourt call because no one would intentionally go Backcourt with the ball.

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard the explanation that was to be provided last night? There was a post indicating there would be one on Twitter last night.

There just seems to be a lot of games where the refs are now more of the focus than the games themselves. Takes away from these games which is unfortunate for these teams.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard the explanation that was to be provided last night? There was a post indicating there would be one on Twitter last night.

There just seems to be a lot of games where the refs are now more of the focus than the games themselves. Takes away from these games which is unfortunate for these teams.
Official statement:

Reaction Score
Does anyone know are the Ref’s calls reviewed after games by higher authorities...it will not change the game results but it will keep all ref’s accountable in future games..just my thoughts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom