Finally | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Finally

Reaction Score
Yes I must. Like, “Teams that are a threat to actually beat you” or something like that.

So, by my definition DePaul or Tennessee or Ohio State would be the best “bad” team we have played. IMO these are bad teams. On any given weekend in the tourney they would have NO chance of upsetting a great team. For me, I don’t really get much entertainment out of watching bad teams play (unless it’s getting their annual UCONN spanking).

“Good” teams might include Maryland, Louisville, NC State, Mississippi State, etc. On a given weekend in the tourney they will have some chance of upsetting a great team.

At this point I feel UCONN is a “good” team but, honestly, it’s hard to come up with much evidence for it.

So, you think there are less than 10 good teams in all of WCBB. Okay. I think there are more than that.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
One thing we haven't seen is UConn prevailing over a team that's hot...It would be good if one of the conference team has a real hot streak and we still win...That would be a good, initial test.
Well Cinci had not lost a conference game at home all season. Last home loss for them was against Ohio St back in November. Will that do?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Don’t know if you would consider either of these teams “hot” when UConn beat them. UCF had won 5 straight games when UConn beat them at Gampel, and they subsequently beat a pretty good Temple team. As for Cincinnati, the Bearcats had not lost on their home court since November.

I was thinking of facing during an actual game, a team that has a couple of 3-point shooters going off and a presence inside...How would we handle that?

Reaction Score
So, you think there are less than 10 good teams in all of WCBB. Okay. I think there are more than that.
Yeah, that's about how many I would actually watch if they're not playing UConn. Example: I watched about half of the Mississippi State (#10) vs. Arkansas game yesterday, off & on. By my definition MSU is a "good" team and AK is a "bad" team, although they are one of the "better" bad teams (they beat Kentucky which might be considered by some to be a "good" team). I was into it for a while, but it just couldn't hold my rapt attention - "zzzzzzzz......"

BTW I feel the same way about MBB. I don't start watching the NBA until about the 3rd round of the playoffs, when most of the bad teams are gone and the players on the remaining "good" teams are actually playing hard and playing with some urgency.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's about how many I would actually watch if they're not playing UConn.

I've found myself really enjoying watching Princeton under Carla's masterful direction.
This evening, they destroyed Brown by 40+... reminded me very much ...of the Cinci game
except that in Princeton's case, the whole team had been on the same page, virtually from day 1
and now, even the young 'uns are performing to a high standard...Very little drama.

What was really scintillating was the Tiger's ability to not even let the Brown kids have even a sniff at the basket
for big swatches of the game...seemed like every other possession was a tipped ball, a block or an effective double-team...and they weren't terrible athletes on the other side (even though Brown is near the bottom of the Ivy), just unsuspecting victims of Carla's mayhem and the amount the team has bought into the concept of team D...very impressive.

They play again tomorrow (Yale?...6: PM?)...;You can check out the details on ESPN+...And if it's Harvard, I get the two schools confused. Didn't go to either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom