Finalists Announced for McDonald's Girls Player of the Year!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Finalists Announced for McDonald's Girls Player of the Year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Recall again. The main reason Durr is not here is because Nurse is.
Only if you look at the situation chronological and not by position. Remember Durr was on UCONN's radar well before Nurse was. If you look at the class by position I think you'll see what Durr saw which is: "Why are you bringing in a class with 4 guards, how do i fit into that? I am not buying the notion that Durr style of play was not a fit for UCONN. Durr passing on UCONN opened the door for Tha Real Danger. I think we'll be alright.

Reaction Score
They nominated 6, but given the way Mater Dei is playing, it will be KLS. By the way, does anyone know If Katie Lou has broken Kaleena's records at Mater Dei?

Reaction Score
I am stunned that Boykin is on the list. Congrats to her for sure, but very surprised none the less. And I haven't followed the post players of that class much since we weren't a finalist for any of them, but Kalani Brown must be better than I thought for her to be one of hte top 6.

Lastly, I think it's great that Collier's hair is sort of all over the place. I'm guessing they took the pictures either after some sort of Team USA practice, or whatever, but I could see Napheesa saying "I'm busy working on my game. What? You want to take my picture. Ok lemme just pin my hair up. Come on - make it quick!"
I'm thinking it's either going to be Samuelson or Collier, to win it. They are both deserving. The one thing that you said that may not necessarily reflect how good Kalani Brown is you seemed to suggest that Boykin making the list surprised you, meaning you know she has talent but NOT THAT KIND of talent and I agree, I was surprised too. Well, maybe that same thing might be true of Kalani who is obviously talented but not seemingly good enough to be thrown in there, in most knowledgeable people's opinion. Regardless, we should be honored that our stellar recruiting class is being given this type of recognition. Our staff is doing a superlative job, aren't they????? Go Huskies!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Boykin is talented enough to make the list. If it was to question to inclusion as a Finalist, it would because of her Injuries this year. She's sat out a number of games. She is scheduled to play in the McDonald's Game.

I'm thinking it's either going to be Samuelson or Collier, to win it. They are both deserving. The one thing that you said that may not necessarily reflect how good Kalani Brown is you seemed to suggest that Boykin making the list surprised you, meaning you know she has talent but NOT THAT KIND of talent and I agree, I was surprised too. Well, maybe that same thing might be true of Kalani who is obviously talented but not seemingly good enough to be thrown in there, in most knowledgeable people's opinion. Regardless, we should be honored that our stellar recruiting class is being given this type of recognition. Our staff is doing a superlative job, aren't they????? Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I am stunned that Boykin is on the list. Congrats to her for sure, but very surprised none the less. And I haven't followed the post players of that class much since we weren't a finalist for any of them, but Kalani Brown must be better than I thought for her to be one of hte top 6.

Lastly, I think it's great that Collier's hair is sort of all over the place. I'm guessing they took the pictures either after some sort of Team USA practice, or whatever, but I could see Napheesa saying "I'm busy working on my game. What? You want to take my picture. Ok lemme just pin my hair up. Come on - make it quick!"
I saw DJB a lot over the summer as she played with USA basketball and think she belongs on the list. She was really good in both 5x5 and 3x3.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I saw DJB a lot over the summer as she played with USA basketball and think she belongs on the list. She was really good in both 5x5 and 3x3.
DJB was very good over the summer but I'm not sure USA basketball play figured into these nominations. Brown did not make USA basketball team this summer. Jessica Shepard did make USA basketball and was consistently ranked higher that Brown at the post position. Curious selction in some cases and the photos are from USA basketball.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Trying to figure out when this notion of Durr not being a team player or not fitting UConn started. Is it because she scores a ton of points in HS? She really has no choice there as she's practically her entire team.
I agree Sluconn, Saniya Chong was a more prolific scorer in HS than Durr and she's had no problems. There are many reasons that players decide they don't want to play at UConn and that's okay.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I agree Sluconn, Saniya Chong was a more prolific scorer in HS than Durr and she's had no problems. There are many reasons that players decide they don't want to play at UConn and that's okay.
I agree also that Durr would have excelled at UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom