Final Four or Championship #6 | The Boneyard

Final Four or Championship #6

Will you be satisfied with a Final Four or Championship?

• I’ll be satisfied with at least making it to the Final Four.

Votes: 70 28.9%
  • With how great this team is, Championship or bust.

Votes: 172 71.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
If you say you won't be disappointed if this team loses a game from here on out, you're lying. No matter how great of a year they have, the lasting stinging memory would be losing in the tournament, if it happens. Unfortunately that's the nature of the business, especially when you've proven to be the best team in the country. They are just having a preposterously, historically great season, so no matter what it would be disappointing if they lose.

If they do lose, it doesn't change the stature of the program, though. Not as long as Hurley is around. This 2 year run will pay dividends on the recruiting trail for years to come.

Reaction Score
Last year no number one seeds made it as far as the elite eight. The year before only one did. Of course I want them to win the whole thing, but given how hard it is to get to a final four I can’t say I wouldn’t be satisfied.

I mean really, finishing 35-4 with another final four trip, and not being satisfied with the season? Come on.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
When I’m on my death bed (hopefully 50+ years from now) I’ll remember this team very fondly regardless of the results.

With that said, this team will be like the 2009, 2006 or 1996 teams if then don’t get it done. Great teams, big “what ifs”.

Reaction Score
I think the combination of how great this team is + the fact that there aren't very many truly great teams in the tournament this year, makes me say national title or bust.
This plus the fact that making it #6 feels like a big deal to me

6 separates you from Duke and gives you the most titles in the 3 point line / field of 64 era.

I want that modern day crown

Reaction Score
If you say you won't be disappointed if this team loses a game from here on out, you're lying.

I'm fairly certain everyone on here will be disappointed if they lose to Stetson on Friday.

I hate the bracket. Two teams I would have preferred avoiding (ISU and the Barners) are in the East. It seems disproportionately difficult relative to the other three. But that's the tournament. And crazy things happen. 63 of these teams are going to end their season with a loss.

I'm the biggest Yale fan on earth this week.

Reaction Score
It would be disappointing not to win the championship given how far we've gotten, but I would absolutely be satisfied with the season to "only" make the Final Four.
As a realist I’m happy with the season as if this past Saturday. What an amazing year it’s been going back to number 5!!!!! However, as a fan……… this run to 6 would be epic just from the road we must take. Let’s end this as the big east, Atlantic Sun, big 10, big 12 and whatever other trophy prize we can mount in our wall. Execute. Dominate. Repeat!!!

Reaction Score
Realistically, objectively, just making it back to the FF would be a huge accomplishment.

But my feeling as a subjective UConn basketball fan is title as bust.

Reaction Score
I don't think this team is as good as last year's, in terms of raw talent. Sanogo was automatic when we needed a basket and Clingan was brought in after the tenderizing began. Cam is a high IQ shooter with great fundamentals, but he's not Hawkins. I guess Castle can be compared to Andre but Andre was an intangible machine that the entire team fed off of. The road should be harder this time.

Reaction Score
I don't think this team is as good as last year's, in terms of raw talent. Sanogo was automatic when we needed a basket and Clingan was brought in after the tenderizing began. Cam is a high IQ shooter with great fundamentals, but he's not Hawkins. I guess Castle can be compared to Andre but Andre was an intangible machine that the entire team fed off of. The road should be harder this time.
We did lose a lot, but we’ve done things this year we didn’t do last year, so it’s a wash for me. I do feel like I’ve lost my comforter (Adama) though.

Reaction Score
This plus the fact that making it #6 feels like a big deal to me

6 separates you from Duke and gives you the most titles in the 3 point line / field of 64 era.

I want that modern day crown
Especially if/when expansion comes knocking

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't think this team is as good as last year's, in terms of raw talent.
I know what you're saying, that's what kept me from thinking that this team is better than last year. Yet they keep playing beautiful basketball and kicking ass.

Reaction Score
They're not as good, they're much much better

Reaction Score
This team is better than last season's in my eyes. Executing better, had a significantly more consistent regular season that led to two titles thus far. Part of me says that a final four should be good enough for being a team that is under pressure of going back to back, but given that we are the number 1 overall seed, coming off those two BE titles we should be going back to back

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
First game is a gimme. Then all it takes is a team with an unbelievably hot shooting night, while we have an off shooting night. You know the effort will be there, but that stuff just happens. I believe they'll win the whole thing. If they don't I'll focus on the incredible 365 days of hoops they just gave us, starting a year ago, achieving practically everything it was possible to achieve.

Reaction Score
I’d like to see 3 Big East teams in the final four and beat Marquette again with Kolek for the championship.
I just quickly did a bracket and I ended up with all 3 big east teams in the final four with us taking out Creighton.

Reaction Score
Beating one team 4X in the same season seems highly unlikely
That would be a tough row to hoe.

Better to face a new team one time. Yeah, that new team could scout us and watch film , but MQ especially with Kolek back, would be a tough one.

Even in the NBA, tough for one of 2 well-matched rivals to pull off a sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom