Final 4 thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Final 4 thread

Reaction Score
The irony of this on a UConn board. '11 and '14 are widely considered some of the weakest NC teams in recent memory, with the '11 NC game up there with worst ever in a lot of people's minds.

It doesn't have to be pretty, you just got to grind it out and get some luck (or a no call on a double dribble...)

They weren't strong UConn teams, but they played very good basketball the majority of those tourneys. Virginia hasn't. I think that was his point.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
It's not that he dribbled it off his foot, it's that he picked the ball up with 2 hands and then dribbled again

Ahhhh. That makes sense.

Reaction Score
T-Tech vs UVA would be a win win for college hoops. F- Izzo and Mich St.

Reaction Score
Where’s that Calzone Thread, the Pizza Hut P’Zone is back. I remember it not being terrible back in the day. (For anyone paying attention to the commercials at present)

Reaction Score
It's not that he dribbled it off his foot, it's that he picked the ball up with 2 hands and then dribbled again
Yeah I saw it one more time and recognized that. If he would have recovered the ball with one hand (in an attempt to keep the dribble alive) would it have been a double dribble?

Reaction Score
The foul on Guy was a foul but a foul on a 3pt shot as time expires just isn't the sort of thing that gets called in that situation. Recall too that now in addition to the double dribble the refs missed a lane violation on Jerome on the deliberate missed FT against Purdue.

Reaction Score
The foul on Guy was a foul but a foul on a 3pt shot as time expires just isn't the sort of thing that gets called in that situation. Recall too that now in addition to the double dribble the refs missed a lane violation on Jerome on the deliberate missed FT against Purdue.
No question it was a foul just like no question it was a double dribble. You call them because that's the rules regardless of time

Is there a video of the lane violation? I looked briefly and didn't see one and havent seen it questioned anywhere else

Reaction Score
Yeah I saw it one more time and recognized that. If he would have recovered the ball with one hand (in an attempt to keep the dribble alive) would it have been a double dribble?
No. Unless I heard Staratore explanation wrong.

Reaction Score
No from what I understand that would have just been a continuation of his dribble so no call

Reaction Score
They weren't strong UConn teams, but they played very good basketball the majority of those tourneys. Virginia hasn't. I think that was his point.[/QUOTE
Also '11 wasn't just some fluky team. Kemba is one of the best college players in recent memory and one of the best guards in the NBA, Lamb is about to sign a major contract, Bazz is a badarse. That team had talent.

Reaction Score
Well if nothing else this episode has helped to illuminate how few people know rules as basic as what constitutes a double dribble.

Reaction Score
Also '11 wasn't just some fluky team. Kemba is one of the best college players in recent memory and one of the best guards in the NBA, Lamb is about to sign a major contract, Bazz is a badarse. That team had talent.
Yeah I know. I guess it's because they finished 9-9 and in 9th place in the Big East that team doesn't get the credit it should even though the final was ugly as hell. Sometime between the first BE tourney game against Depaul and when they beat Louisville for the BE title they turned from the 9th best team in the BE to the best. People seem to miss that point. They were an unbeaten team outside of BE comp and in single elimination tourney style games.
That team had intimidating size, too. That was an excellent team, not as good as 99 and 04, but they could match up to any team they faced and they could play well against teams that wanted to play a slow pace.

Reaction Score
Well if nothing else this episode has helped to illuminate how few REFS know rules as basic as what constitutes a double dribble.

Fixed it for you.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Need TT to win, but I love watching Cassius Winston play.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
TT passing is mentally challenged.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Can't imagine what it's like to have one of those monsters down low.

Reaction Score
Let’s not forget T O could split rhymes like nobody’s biz

Reaction Score
You were just gifted an appearance in the title game, zip it.

'11 would destroy UVA, so would '14. Bazz and Boat would make Jerome curl up in the fetal position.
I think the 99, 04, and 11 teams match up well with this Virginia team as they can play strong D, too, and win those slow grinding games. Also, those UConn teams were very good at rebounding where Virginia can be exploited and OK4, Boone, and Villanueva have size where they could cause Virginia problems near the basket on both offense and defense. The 14 team would have a tougher time, and that would be a close game, IMO, but then again as long as that team doesn't face 14 Louisville they would feel comfortable.

I think Kentucky would've been a tougher match up for Virginia than Auburn due to their size and length, but we all know Auburn and Purdue should've shut the door on Virginia.

Reaction Score
Izzo always seems to have a Big that looks like he came from the prison league.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Why compound your error there? Twice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member