Not open for further replies.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
UConn
TN
Marquette
UNC

Then we beat Marquette for the 4th time this year!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Alright, you can keep him.

Get him into it, best bonding I did with my dad was over basketball.
I took my 82 year old dad to the BET Final at the Garden Saturday night. He's been going to games for decades, like just about every home game, but the last couple years he really has slowed down going because its harder to get around. To the point that he only went to one Gampel game this year. First he started missing XL games because the stairs there really suck, then he even started missing Gampel, because it was getting tougher. I lucked into some seats for Saturday literally on the Marquette bench (we were sitting with their coaches families, Hurleys right, that is a fantastic and classy organization but thats a different topic) so I had the VIP delta 360 club entrance at floor level (which also has great bathrooms and a bar) and it made things really easy to get in and out and not worry about halftime bathroom lines and all that. We had the time of our lives! I couldn't get him out of an Irish bar post game he was having too much fun drinking guiness and listening to the bagpipe and drum band that wandered in off the street and into the bar and just kept playing.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I took my 82 year old dad to the BET Final at the Garden Saturday night. He's been going to games for decades, like just about every home game, but the last couple years he really has slowed down going because its harder to get around. To the point that he only went to one Gampel game this year. First he started missing XL games because the stairs there really suck, then he even started missing Gampel, because it was getting tougher. I lucked into some seats for Saturday literally on the Marquette bench (we were sitting with their coaches families, Hurleys right, that is a fantastic and classy organization but thats a different topic) so I had the VIP delta 360 club entrance at floor level (which also has great bathrooms and a bar) and it made things really easy to get in and out and not worry about halftime bathroom lines and all that. We had the time of our lives! I couldn't get him out of an Irish bar post game he was having too much fun drinking guiness and listening to the bagpipe and drum band that wandered in off the street and into the bar and just kept playing.
Great story
I had knee replacement and another due soon and those stairs at the HCC/XL suck and I am 69 yo.
Glad you and your father had the time to do this.
My son and I were in VT - Burlington to see Eggy at Nectars on Thursday and Friday after watching our Husky team win earlier in the day.
These are times you never recover.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Rule # 1 about Gonzaga: choke when the favorite; great as an underdog
Sure, when they are good. They aren't even good. Despite the seed, St. Marys is better.

I promise you that is HuskyHawks Final Four.
Come on man, at least tag me properly. I actually picked South Carolina to come out of that bracket. If Kansas is healthy (who knows?) and they survive Samford (iffy) then I think they are a bad matchup for Purdue. I have McNeese beating Gonzaga. In my "upset" bracket I have KU losing to Samford. Strong three point shooting team is not good for them.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
UConn, Houston, Arizona and South Carolina. Tennessee would be the safer choice, but whatever. UConn over Houston.

This season reminds me a little of 2021 with Baylor over Gonzaga. Purdue are choke artists, so they don't count. UConn and Houston feel like teams that won't be denied.

Reaction Score
Alright, you can keep him.

Get him into it, best bonding I did with my dad was over basketball.
When by hardly watches, he actually only watches UConn from time to time.

I imagine his Kansas over Uconn pick was just to poke some fun to me

We are more of a soccer family here, I'm the also into basketball outlier

Reaction Score
FWIW. Article today by Sporting News using KenPom as the modeling source for brackets /winners. UConn beats Tennessee in Phoenix for back-to-back.

Reaction Score
After decoding that one, 2018 Virginia agrees that's a tough 4
Uconn
Marquette
Arizona
Creighton

Purdue loses to tcu

Really hate having to play auburn

Creighton and Marquette big overlays in vegas. 30.1 and 25-1, respectively

Reaction Score
That's so awesome, it doesn't get better than that! I'm glad you guys got to share such a memorable day/night together.

I used to go with my dad to UConn, Knicks, and whatever was the best high school games in CT to do our own little scouting on the best players. When I moved out of state he would call me after all the UConn games to discuss what we watched. I miss him so much. He would be on cloud 9 with UConn under Hurley (he was a Jersey City boy too) and the Knicks playing well.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
McCullar is out for Kansas. Going to be tough to win much without him.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
UConn and three other wannabes

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
UConn
Arizona
Kentucky
Creighton

I also have McNeese in the Sweet 16.