FIFA Certified artificial turf | The Boneyard

FIFA Certified artificial turf

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can multi-task. Can't you?
Soccer artificial turf is my new obsession. It coming. It can't be stopped.

Why won't you use your powers for good instead of evil?

Reaction Score
I can multi-task. Can't you?

Soccer artificial turf is my new obsession. It coming. It can't be stopped.
Undoubtedly, while sleeping and still running circles around such an ill-informed individual. Setting aside your naivety or abject ignorance, with extremely rare exceptions, e.g., stadiums owned by a few MLS owners (Kraft) reluctant to build stadiums, Russia and other frigid cold leagues, some desert nations, other crappy leagues, faux turf's at best an undesired surface. Anyone who has played the sport or most sports played on grass typically prefers natural grass and knows the disadvantages of fake grass.

Reaction Score
Undoubtedly, while sleeping and still running circles around such an ill-informed individual. Setting aside your naivety or abject ignorance, with extremely rare exceptions, e.g., stadiums owned by a few MLS owners (Kraft) reluctant to build stadiums, Russia and other frigid cold leagues, some desert nations, other crappy leagues, faux turf's at best an undesired surface. Anyone who has played the sport or most sports played on grass typically prefers natural grass and knows the disadvantages of fake grass.
That is 1970s thinking.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Well duh. The issue is cost. And if you are looking to build lots of soccer fields in cities and towns and schools, in the U.S. and especially poorer countries, turf is much, much cheaper. So if they can get it close enough to grass, it will take off. I don't see big club teams playing on it, aside from teams like the Revs that currently have no option.

Reaction Score
Well duh. The issue is cost. And if you are looking to build lots of soccer fields in cities and towns and schools, in the U.S. and especially poorer countries, turf is much, much cheaper. So if they can get it close enough to grass, it will take off. I don't see big club teams playing on it, aside from teams like the Revs that currently have no option.
Reasonable comment for some cities, towns, schools, even some poor countries' lesser leagues, and frigid cold or desert hot crap leagues, but not so much nor likely any time soon for the overwhelming majority of quality leagues, national team competition, etc. The latter is more the focus, not idiotic Kraft, the blah MLS, and suggestions by those far less informed than you and others with a clue about the sport here and elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Manchester United and Bayern Munich already play on artificial/natural hybrid turf.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Manchester United and Bayern Munich already play on artificial/natural hybrid turf.
Several years back, I recall Mourinho shockingly became pissed off with Old Trafford's crappy conditions late one season and part of the field briefly had fake grass. Pretty sure that experiment quickly ended and all Premiership stadiums still must play on actual grass. Similarly, I'm pretty sure Bayern plays on the real deal. IIRC, one of their practice fields had some mixed real/faux grass for a while. Could be wrong!

Reaction Score
I actually toured Bayern Munich's stadium in 2014 and learned about the pitch being part synthetic:

"GrassMaster is a hybrid grass sports playing field surface composed of natural grasscombined with artificial fibres. Desso patented this technology in 1993 and it is why a hybrid pitch can still be referred to as a Desso pitch or a Desso GrassMaster."

Manchester United, City, Chelsea, Barcelona, and the Pittsburgh Steelers are among dozens of stadiums that have the hybrid surface installed. It still needs to be watered and cared for like natural grass, but it is reinforced with synthetic fibers.

Reaction Score
I actually toured Bayern Munich's stadium in 2014 and learned about the pitch being part synthetic: Manchester United, City, Chelsea, Barcelona,
Yup, still it was/is primarily natural grass yet I'm pretty confident ManU kabashed their experiment and think/thought Bayern has as well. City, Chelsea, and Barcelona may still be experimenting, and maybe they'll end up sticking with the primarily natural grass surface. Could be wrong, but full-on fake turf's not being installed as bush began preaching and now has change his sermon.

Reaction Score
Yup, still it was/is primarily natural grass yet I'm pretty confident ManU kabashed their experiment and think/thought Bayern has as well. City, Chelsea, and Barcelona may still be experimenting, and maybe they'll end up sticking with the primarily natural grass surface. Could be wrong, but full-on fake turf's not being installed as bush began preaching and now has change his sermon.
One step at a time.

Reaction Score
One step at a time.
What you shared clearly remains primarily natural grass with underlying synthetic support material. Dirt and sand complemented with synthetic thread, but still a natural grass playing surface. Hey, stranger things have happened, e.g., your boy the Donster falling into office due to the angry turd being's epic fail. 2020 astro turf for all Premiership, Bundesliga, La Liga, etc. stadiums! :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom