OT: - Field Of Dreams Game Tonight | The Boneyard

OT: Field Of Dreams Game Tonight

Reaction Score
My 2 favorite baseball movies are this and The Natural.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The game is unlikely to be anywhere near as good as the movie, and I’m a Yankee fan. Agree with you on the baseball movies although Major League and Bull Durham are fun, not to forget Bad News Bears and 42.

Reaction Score
The game is unlikely to be anywhere near as good as the movie, and I’m a Yankee fan. Agree with you on the baseball movies although Major League and Bull Durham are fun, not to forget Bad News Bears and 42.
They should’ve played on the movie field

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Very, very cool idea. The field looks amazing. This reminds me of the first Winter Classic that the NHL did with the Pens and Buffalo where, even though the ice was awful, the scenes with the snow falling were just incredible. Hopefully MLB doesn’t run this idea into the ground like the NHL has

Reaction Score
Very, very cool idea. The field looks amazing. This reminds me of the first Winter Classic that the NHL did with the Pens and Buffalo where, even though the ice was awful, the scenes with the snow falling were just incredible. Hopefully MLB doesn’t run this idea into the ground like the NHL has
They're already well on their way by making it a yearly thing

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They should’ve played on the movie field

So, I haven't been following this closely, and my next comment will verify that statement.

They aren't playing on the field from Field of Dreams??

I assumed they would have to put up a fence, improve the lighting and stuff for safety, but I had just assumed they were using the real field.

Good lawd. Now I'm definitely not interested.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
They're already well on their way by making it a yearly thing
Yeah, that’s a mistake. Much like the Williamsport game during the LLWS, the small venue niche games are cool but they have a shelf life. If you wanted to do this every 5 years or so, then I can get on board but it will lose its luster by doing it every year

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
So, I haven't been following this closely, and my next comment will verify that statement.

They aren't playing on the field from Field of Dreams??

I assumed they would have to put up a fence, improve the lighting and stuff for safety, but I had just assumed they were using the real field.

Good lawd. Now I'm definitely not interested.

They built a field next to it rather than using it. It's MLB regulation field. Which stinks, I wanted to see a generic chain link fence holding back a Stanton foul ball, a capacity of 34 fans with no netting there, etc

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If Aaron Judge doesn't walk off the field and magically transform into a doctor in order to save the life of a spectator, and then never play baseball again, I will be very disappointed!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
They built a field next to it rather than using it. It's MLB regulation field. Which stinks, I wanted to see a generic chain link fence holding back a Stanton foul ball, a capacity of 34 fans with no netting there, etc
I would love to see professional baseball players get bad hops 70% of the time on ground balls.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would love to see professional baseball players get bad hops 70% of the time on ground balls.

I definitely get the need to upgrade the movie field to MLB standards. That's a no brainer. I just figured they would use the movie field as the starting point. At a minimum use the original home plate and go from there. Unless you are the designers of Dunkin Donuts stadium, it's pretty easy to figure out all the dimensions from home plate.

And yes, having a fence with nothing but corn behind it would be awesome. Don't think you could do chain link whatever works.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
If Aaron Judge doesn't walk off the field and magically transform into a doctor in order to save the life of a spectator, and then never play baseball again, I will be very disappointed!
Wouldn’t you rather it be Stanton ?

Reaction Score
pic - original field in the back
6KRQZSVBJFC3ZPIPJ2ZNAERFSU.jpg

Reaction Score
I definitely get the need to upgrade the movie field to MLB standards. That's a no brainer. I just figured they would use the movie field as the starting point. At a minimum use the original home plate and go from there. Unless you are the designers of Dunkin Donuts stadium, it's pretty easy to figure out all the dimensions from home plate.

And yes, having a fence with nothing but corn behind it would be awesome. Don't think you could do chain link whatever works.
I had the same thought initially, but in seeing the photo the owners probably want to keep the original field intact for the tourist value.

Now they’ve got the original and an MLB ready field they can use for numerous events

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I had the same thought initially, but in seeing the photo the owners probably want to keep the original field intact for the tourist value.

Now they’ve got the original and an MLB ready field they can use for numerous events

Exactly- they weren't gonna play on the original field as it's built so they didn't want to totally blow up the tourist trap for one game a year

Reaction Score
They just had corn in the original field, here they made a fence where the corn comes up a foot or 2 above the top and then a thin maybe 1 foot top border and see through chain below so you can see the corn. I guess there was no way not to have a fence but wouldn’t it have been fun to not have a fence? Home run if hit into the corn and it’s not caught but an out if they catch it out there. An outfielder returning to the field with a corn stalk coming out of his pants would be kinda funny, but alas no.

Reaction Score
You have to realize the movie site is around 280ft down the lines and 330ft to center. This was never an option.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You have to realize the movie site is around 280ft down the lines and 330ft to center. This was never an option.
If they used dead-ball era balls, it might've worked...

Reaction Score
Is there any doubt that Kevin Costner’s throwing out the first pitch. He just swore on the fox pre game btw lol.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Is there any doubt that Kevin Costner’s throwing out the first pitch. He just swore on the fox pre game btw lol.

He should he catching first pitch from Ray Liotta
Unless Costner is throwing it to his movie dad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom