Fever v Liberty | The Boneyard

Fever v Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Fever with 2 pt lead after 1st Q. Someone other than Charles has to score if the Liberty want to win this one. Not looking good so far. Prince seems shaky; Kiah missed a point-blank layup. Maybe Rodgers can get hot.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I noticed in the last game too - why does it seem Indiana's defense is SO much better? They almost walk to the basket when they score, and the Liberty seem to need an act of God to be able to score...

Reaction Score
Liberty giving a lot of fodder to the WNBA haters with their missed layup-itis right now. Ugly basketball so far.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A NY guard needs to make a play, a shot or something. So far the NY guards are showing nerves.

Reaction Score
Liberty look dead in the water. Unless they can make a basket, they are toast. 22 points in a half! Really sad.........

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Guess Im the only one around here pulling for the Fever.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Do you always try to go against the tide here? Or are you pulling for Erlana Larkins?

I just cant pull for NYC Metro based teams..... regardless of sport. NFL, WNBA, Major League Soccer.... none of them.

Reaction Score
Doesn't look like the Liberty will be coming back from this one. Game 2 must be pretty bitter for them, for the way that they squandered that big 1st half lead.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
After three quarters, the aggregate +/- of Indiana's starting five is +40, whereas the Liberty starters are cumulatively at -51.

However, the fourth quarter is getting interesting.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Ugghhh

Wanted to see NY and Minny

Not a fan of the Fever

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The Liberty accomplished more than most expected heading in to the season but their weakness, guard/perimeter scoring, was exposed. Double team Tina in the paint and force others to beat you. The Liberty need some wing scoring in a big way.

Nice season for Kiah though her offensive struggles were front and center the past 2 games. She has a lot to build on going forward.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I just cant pull for NYC Metro based teams..... regardless of sport. NFL, WNBA, Major League Soccer.... none of them.

So, since Liston plays for the Lynx and Minn is not part of the NYC Metro, you'll be pulling for the Lynx, right?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The Liberty accomplished more than most expected heading in to the season but their weakness, guard/perimeter scoring, was exposed. Double team Tina in the paint and force others to beat you. The Liberty need some wing scoring in a big way.

Nice season for Kiah though her offensive struggles were front and center the past 2 games. She has a lot to build on going forward.

This is not a center/post player league. Perimeter players almost always make the biggest difference. You can barely touch a player out on the perimeter but you can "get physical" with post players. Perimeter players have so much more freedom of space and movement.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So, since Liston plays for the Lynx and Minn is not part of the NYC Metro, you'll be pulling for the Lynx, right?

I'd love to see Liston win a championship. Hopefully she can have a positive contribution in the finals.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Indiana took 10 fewer shots than NY but scored 15 more points. Prince had a horrible shooting night. And Sugar wasn't nearly as sweet as she had been. Those two needed to score to help Tina out and neither did.

I was glad to see a game that wasn't a parade to the FT line.

Reaction Score
This is not a center/post player league. Perimeter players almost always make the biggest difference. You can barely touch a player out on the perimeter but you can "get physical" with post players. Perimeter players have so much more freedom of space and movement.
That's
So....If I'm Kia, I would get some Laimbeer in me during the off season.

Reaction Score
You mean become a dirty player?
No I don't. My point is she needs to become as physical as they allow her to be, something Bill Laimbeer mastered. If it's your asessement that the league allows center/post players to be more "physical" than perimeter players then she needs to become that. I could since that Catchings knew she could have her way with her. I know going forward playing for Laimbeer she will get it. With that being said I felt that with all the Liberty missed shots a more physical Kia would of had more offensive rebounds.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I noticed in the last game too - why does it seem Indiana's defense is SO much better? They almost walk to the basket when they score, and the Liberty seem to need an act of God to be able to score...
oh wow... I didn't know they played 3 game series in the Conference Finals. I saw you mention it in another thread.

and the Fever walked to the basket for the whole series... while Stokes was trying to guard Catchings at the top of the circle smh

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I want the Fever to win the title.
shocked
14295109737821-culkin-shocked-face.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors