February Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

February Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't see how anyone can watch that USA vs Australia game and not see Betts as the star on that team. Citron showed well also and others like Johnson overall ( including the other games ). Azzi was clearly hurt and not herself. Clark shot 38% for that tournament. Betts shot 64%. Betts should have been the clear MVP.

Reaction Score
Please, for the umpteenth time, let's keep this about players UConn is recruiting and NOT about players who have signed to play for another school. It's not complicated.
It's like herding cats.

Reaction Score
What I've seen so far in [Ciera Toomey’s] HS games against smaller kids is a tendency not to aggressively box out and attack rebounds even if it's not necessary.
BTW a recent video of C posted last month she remarked that one of the biggest improvements in her game has been the ability to handle contact- which was very very encouraging.
Agreed, BobbyJ… & encouraging, CocoHusky.

I don’t see “C” beelining to paint when a shot goes up or is anticipated. She drifts or hovers just inside lane near high post, often when a clear unimpeded path to rebounding position is there. Yes, her man is typically outside paint so she’s in proper defensive position until that point. But she seems content to stay there & watch the shot attempt instead of establishing rebounding position.

Reaction Score

I don’t see “C” beelining to paint when a shot goes up or is anticipated. She drifts or hovers just inside lane near high post, often when a clear unimpeded path to rebounding position is there. Yes, her man is typically outside paint so she’s in proper defensive position until that point. But she seems content to stay there & watch the shot attempt instead of establishing rebounding position.
A little supportive screaming from her coach in a quiet gym would help with that. ;)

Reaction Score
Can you please expand on this a little bit. I understand the size of the class but would like to know more specifically about the Christian designation. My daughter went to a private school with a class size of 100 students total but they were power house program because they had the ability to recruit and play a power house schedule both of which public schools (regardless) of size were not able to do.

Classes of 25. 12.5 girls? Tough to recruit teams with numbers like that.

Reaction Score

Often in HS coaches instruct their star players to play soft on defense, assigning lesser players for them to guard in order to avoid having to sit them with fouls.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Classes of 25. 12.5 girls? Tough to recruit teams with numbers like that.
No... I said Class size of 100 = ~100 Freshman, 100 Sophomores, 100 Juniors , & 100 Seniors =School size of 400=~200 exceptional young ladies. From these 200 hundred exceptional ladies you have to field a BB team of 10-12 each years. When you combine that with extraordinary academics, and an extraordinary high school coach you have a powerhouse and the recruiting kind of sustains itself.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
No... I said Class size of 100 = ~100 Freshman, 100 Sophomores, 100 Juniors , & 100 Seniors =School size of 400=~200 exceptional young ladies. From these 200 hundred exceptional ladies you have to field a BB team of 10-12 each years. When you combine that with extraordinary academics, and an extraordinary high school coach you have a powerhouse and the recruiting kind of sustains itself.
Oooooo. I thought you meant school size of 100.

Sarah Strong’s entire high school, 9-12 and co-ed, has fewer than 100 kids.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Anyone on this forum critical of our friend C is no friend of mine! C has EVERYTHING UConn needs in a player and I pray we land her!!! Gooooooo C!
Does she have the toughness that seems to be missing from the current team? UConn has enough nice, sweet players. Seems as though nice and sweet are traits Boneyarders treasure.

Reaction Score
Does she have the toughness that seems to be missing from the current team? UConn has enough nice, sweet players. Seems as though nice and sweet are traits Boneyarders treasure.
Hmmm? I can’t say I know. I just like her skill set. When she gets to UConn, the bangers can teach her if needed.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As I recall, we had a pretty good player who came from a school with a total enrollment of 1 - she turned out pretty well with 4 NCs.

Evaluating HS kids is always difficult because the competition is always spotty and the ones you want are typically the best player on the floor every night.

Reaction Score

I was referring to Strong, not your daughter. Strong's HS has 100 students enrolled in total, or 25/class.

Not to detract from anything that she's doing, but Grace Christian is in the smallest NCISAA classification, 1A, meaning there are fewer than 100 kids 9-12. There is very, very little competition for her at that level.

Reaction Score
AYANNA STEPPING UP! Maybe the rest of her team knows what they need to do to win finally also. For God's sake give her the ball!
Reminds me of her play in the 3x3 run to the Gold this past summer....

"Controlled mayhem" in the paint, like a 6'2" version of Nika who can leap out of the building.

Reaction Score
Is it possible that Patterson and Shade will meet in the Finals? Indiana used to have one division tournament? Is that still a thing? If they go by school size now, they will be in different divisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom