February - Other Big East Games | Page 10 | The Boneyard

February - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Xavier got shafted. Nunge had a clean block probably around the 5 min mark that was called a goaltend and then end of game was a questionable goaltend

Feel bad for Nunge pulling a Chris Webber and getting the technical for no more TO which didn’t help at all

Reaction Score
@Huskyhoops25 ball had already been blocked before the hand was on the rim. And if you are agreeing with that call completely then there would be multiple goaltend calls a game cause so often does a player grab the net or hit the rim/backboard on missed shots

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
That’s a brutal call that we would all be up in arms about should it have been called against us.

Reaction Score
Baffling to me. I honestly think Butler is worse than DePaul or Georgetown when I watch them. Xavier certainly plays up against us but even on a bad day shouldn’t be losing to Butler.
No Freemantle and Boum was playing on one leg. They still should be able to beat them but road games are tough and good teams play stinkers as we've seen with UConn. We were only up a few points against Georgetown the other day with seconds left in the game.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
@Huskyhoops25 ball had already been blocked before the hand was on the rim. And if you are agreeing with that call completely then there would be multiple goaltend calls a game cause so often does a player grab the net or hit the rim/backboard on missed shots
No way, hand is on the rim a few frames before the block.

Reaction Score
No Freemantle and Boum was playing on one leg. They still should be able to beat them but road games are tough and good teams play stinkers as we've seen with UConn. We were only up a few points against Georgetown the other day with seconds left in the game.
I saw Butler live a few weeks ago. They are terrible. Everyone is capable at home, yes—but man they are bad.

Even if we were missing guys, this board would have an epic meltdown if we lost to Butler. There would be 5+ threads on how Hurley is coaching for his job the rest of the season.

Perspective is important.

caw

Reaction Score
If one of our guys called a timeout they didn’t have we’d have ten pages on how Hurley doesn’t prepare his guys for high leverage situations, not expressions of sympathy. We save that for other teams.

LMU kid did the same thing against St Mary’s. Wasn’t actually a horrid timeout. They were up three with 2.6 remaining and I think St Mary’s had the arrow. LMU player was on the ground and likely would have gotten it tied up or travelled or thrown it away. IIRC.

Reaction Score
Wow Amazing. I would never guess this. Without Freemantle they have looked more beatable.

Reaction Score
Xavier lost this game at the Free Throw line.

They have a tough schedule ahead + no Freemantle. They could be in trouble.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Xavier lost this game at the Free Throw line.

They have a tough schedule ahead + no Freemantle. They could be in trouble.

Freemantle is a clown sometimes which is why he is so underrated. But he is a dominant college player when Xavier gets him the ball enough. And the corollary is that he is a huge loss when he is hurt.

With all the problems Xavier had, plus the injury to Boum, they still only lost by 2 points last night and even then, Butler needed two terrible goaltending calls to go its way to pull it out. They are still a good team, and I think their bench is improving. They aren't a Final Four contender without a healthy Freemantle, but they are still pretty good.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Providence pulling out the "fall down every time we shoot" strategy a little early.

Reaction Score
Johnnies making everything early. But also Providence's defense leaving a lot to be desired.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Johnnies making everything early.

This St. Johns team has some talent. Jones and Soriano would play for just about any team in the Big East. Curbelo, Mathis and Addae-Wuso and some of the other bench players are not bad for the roles they have. I think Posh Alexander plays completely out of control most of the time, but he has talent.

This season was a missed opportunity for Anderson.

Reaction Score
Maybe St John's was onto something when they announced Mike Anderson was returning next year (they weren't)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Sick alley-oop by Posh to Storrs. Not sure it was the highest percentage play, but it looked great.

Reaction Score
Don't understand why they blow the whistle when the D gets the ball on a shot clock violation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom