February - Other Big East Games | Page 25 | The Boneyard

February - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah. If we’re favored, it won’t be by much. On the road where we haven’t won since 2012(?).

That game will tell us where we are at. We’ll see if we’re ready for a deep run.

You’re not to throw out this factoid, but this is contrived since we weren’t in the same conference after 2013 until the last couple of years. So, no home & home all those years. We’ve only played on their court 3 times since that win in 2012. And those were all in the last 3 years.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You’re not to throw out this factoid, but this is contrived since we weren’t in the same conference after 2013 until the last couple of years. So, no home & home all those years. We’ve only played on their court 3 times since that win in 2012. And those were all in the last 3 years.
Yup

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
1677466332896.png

This is looking more concrete day by day.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Blegh would rather play anyone else in the top 5 in that first game besides Creighton
We’ve matched up well with Creighton so far this year. I still don’t want to see them first. I love the second round matchup with Marquette though(IF we get there). We match up great with them
Anytime, any place, anyone!

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for tie with Providence/Creighton for 3rd in the conference and then win coin flip for 3rd. Under the scenario where we tie them at 13-7, we'd have identical win/loss results against every team as them so there is no way to break the tie and it goes to a coin flip.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for tie with Providence/Creighton for 3rd in the conference and then win coin flip for 3rd. Under the scenario where we tie them at 13-7, we'd have identical win/loss results against every team as them so there is no way to break the tie and it goes to a coin flip.
now just need to find a 3 sided coin…

Reaction Score
now just need to find a 3 sided coin…
Get another team to tie and roll a d4.

But yeah in seriousness, in that scenario we'd break the tie with Creighton based on both us and Providence beating Marquette once. So then it continues with the 2-way tiebreakers.

Reaction Score
And on the last day of February, Marquette wins the BE regular season championship. I'm thinking it's the last BE trophy they'll win in quite a while.

Reaction Score
They have nobody graduating. Marquette is going nowhere and will have to be dealt with for the foreseeable future
Agreed - they will be formidable, but my viewpoint is more about us than them. :)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hall's D is giving Nova fits. I don't see why we can't do same on Saturday.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Hall's D is giving Nova fits. I don't see why we can't do same on Saturday.

We have to reengage defensively. I want the team that held creighton to 56 on the road even though a loss, not the one who gave up 86 to ST John’s in a win. Our offense has come back around but we need to not forget our D . That’s what happened in January

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
It's what they have to do. Skill wise they are not on most teams level especially Nova 's
It reminds me of the ole AAC UConn/Cincinnati games where we’d take turns throwing a 50lb boulder at the rim. First one to 50 wins!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
All four will be tough games. Xavier, Marquette, Providence and Creighton. Either way we were playing at least two of them. At MSG I can see us being the favorite in everyone of those games. As others said, this is about us. If we play our game or even 90% of our game we have a great chance at winning three in a row. But let’s focus on DePaul this is a classic reap game. Then worry about Nova. It’s one game at a time from here on out. Win an advance. Every game should be treated as a must win. I am certain DH/Coaches will be stressing that mentality,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom