Feb 28 Committee Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NC: 1 SC / 8 Mich / 9 UConn / 16 Okla
WA: 2 Stan / 7 LSU / 10 Tex / 15 Ind
CT: 3 NC St / 6 Ia St / 12 Md / 13 Tenn
KS: 4 Lou / 5 Bay / 11 Ariz / 14 Iowa
Committee follows S-curve almost exactly, but flipping AZ/IA to Wichita and MD/TN to Bridgeport for geography reasons.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Not only is UConn a #3 seed (the top #3 seed, it should be noted), but the committee agreed with Charlie Creme that it should be in Greensboro rather than Bridgeport.

I still think that will change in the final seedings unless UConn should lose in the Big East tournament (quite unlikely). UConn isn't far away from a #2 seed, and certainly by the recent eye test, it looks better than current #2 seeds Michigan and Iowa State (at least).

Reaction Score
I am not a conspiracy theorist, but the NCAA is starting to make me a believer. Michigan is 2-3 in their last 5 games. LSU, Iowa State ahead of us, c'mon. We played almost the entire year without the reigning player of the year, who is now back. I think the NCAA does not want a repeat of #2 UConn over #1 L'ville in the East Region, and has made up their mind to send us out of Bridgeport.

It looks like I will be eating my tickets.

Reaction Score
Bridgeport is not looking good.

At this point it's basically impossible for UConn to move from #9 to #6 with only the BET left.

Not that you need to be #6 to be paired with the #3, but unlikely that the #8 team would be put there.

Reaction Score
Won’t ESPN be a bit upset if S Carolina loses the elite 8 to UConn. I’m fine with it.

It surely will. But then ESPN HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE BRACKET, so it just has to show the tournament as it happens.

Reaction Score
That’s tough for both UConn and SC, I’m sure they don’t want to see us and we sure don’t want to see them that early.

*If this holds and if they both make it to that round.

Reaction Score
UCONN will end up being a 2 seed. Iowa St getting embarrassed at home right now, down near 20 points to Baylor. They will drop.
I'm skeptical a team is going to fall 3 spots just because it lost to a top 5 team, considering it is 1 of 29 games.

Reaction Score
I'm skeptical a team is going to fall 3 spots just because it lost to a top 5 team, considering it is 1 of 29 games.
Iowa St is basically locked hosting. Its a matter of if its a two or three seed to me. They arent going to plummet but I think they will likely fall a little.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
didn't they go to 68 this year? or was that last year....
I should have said even more. In November they went to 68 teams.

Reaction Score
With ISU getting thumped, they will not look as good as Texas, which will put some pressure to move them to a 3. And if Maryland can knock out Michigan, uconn can move up.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
With ISU getting thumped, they will not look as good as Texas, which will put some pressure to move them to a 3. And if Maryland can knock out Michigan, uconn can move up.
Just as likely (probably likelier) that Texas and/or Maryland can leapfrog UConn if they pick up quality wins in their conference tournaments.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UCONN will end up being a 2 seed. Iowa St getting embarrassed at home right now, down near 20 points to Baylor. They will drop.

I saw Baylor v. Michigan at Mohegan Sun and came away unimpressed with both. Baylor looks much better tonight. I haven't seen Iowa State before tonight, and they sure don't look like a 2 seed.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I still say when the smoke clears UConn will be a 2 in Bridgeport
First things first (for UConn fans). Move up and out of the 8/9 seed to avoid being in South Carolina's region in Greensboro. That's the main thing keeping them out of Bridgeport, IMO.

Reaction Score
First things first (for UConn fans). Move up and out of the 8/9 seed to avoid being in South Carolina's region in Greensboro. That's the main thing keeping them out of Bridgeport, IMO.

I will say, seeing your Longhorns paired with us in Spokane at the moment was my biggest concern. Never fun having to match up with you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom