Fanta on Fox: Putting UConn's dominant run into perspective: 'They are the best team I've ever seen' | The Boneyard

Fanta on Fox: Putting UConn's dominant run into perspective: 'They are the best team I've ever seen'

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Donny Marshall has only positive things to say. That's not the season-long BY narrative.

Reaction Score
I think Danny Hurley has revolutionized college coaching. Excellence is the standard, in all aspects of the program. What a magnificent mentor he had, and I'm sure Geno and JC have inspired and contributed as well.

I love this team. I'm sure Charles Okwandu does as well.

Reaction Score
I don't really follow the men, but wonder how a team that's lost three games can be the greatest team he's ever seen. Did he just start watching today?

Reaction Score
I don't really follow the men, but wonder how a team that's lost three games can be the greatest team he's ever seen. Did he just start watching today?
The Kansas loss at least I would attribute to injuries. Cam Spencer was running around like a hobbled deer, and Clingan had foot issues. I think injuries were an issue in the Seton Hall loss as well. We were losing before Clingan left with the ankle injury, but I think he still wasn't himself at that point recovering from his previous injury. I would say the Creighton loss was the only time another team just bested them. And Creighton got absolutely red hot from 3 that game.

I don't think it's a stretch to put this team among the best of all time. To say they're definitively the best of all time may be a tough sell, but they're up there. The wins so far this tournament have been just so absolutely dominant.

Reaction Score
Because they're blowing teams out by an average of 27.5 points per game in the tournament. They have a top defense and offense...

They lost at Kansas (toughest building to play at in the country) when Cam Spencer missed a three pointer at the end. Spencer played on one good ankle that game, Clingan was coming off injury and out of shape, and they didn't have their star freshman and top 5 pick Stephon Castle. Their loss at Seton Hall they were losing by 4 points when Donovan Clingan who was dominating left the game with injury that kept him out the next several weeks. Creighton just flat out beat us easily at Creighton....

Fanta is 28 years old so he wasn't around for the UCLA teams or the undefeated Indiana team. He wasn't even around for 1995-1996 Kentucky...

Men's college basketball is totally different than women's college basketball, they don't have undefeated seasons all the time in the men's game like they do the women's game. The last undefeated team was Indiana in 1975-1976. I'm 44 and the only other team I've seen I would put with this team is Kentucky in 1995-1996 but this team has work to do, two more wins and they join the best teams ever.

Reaction Score
The Kansas loss at least I would attribute to injuries. Cam Spencer was running around like a hobbled deer, and Clingan had foot issues.
Also, we were missing Castle, who would have made a HUGE difference containing McCullar. Castle plays even just 15 minutes that game, we win it, no question.

Reaction Score
Teams grow and develop during a season. UConn integrated 3 new starters, 2 of them it was their first year at UConn and dealt with injuries to a number of key players. The way UConn is playing now is probably the best I have ever seen a UConn team play.

Reaction Score
The teams greatness has been increasing at a faster pace as the season ends. To understand it you need to know quantum physics.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Jesus. This isn’t women’s basketball . Do you know the last time a men’s team went undefeated? Nineteen Seventy freakin six. You would have to be 55 years old to even begin remembering it. The best teams of all time take losses, because, you know, there is competition and all the talent isn’t concentrated on 4 out of 350 teams. Thank god the women’s game is actually improving in that area now.

Reaction Score
Sometimes, i just cant with people. smh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom