Family of Azzi Fudd opens up about injury | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Family of Azzi Fudd opens up about injury

Reaction Score
That, and all of us are sick of subscribing to 1000 different things.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is the first time I've read about the specifics of the injury other than "it happened in practice during a non-contact basketball move".

In a video replay of Azzi’s injury this month, the guard is seen going up for a layup in practice not heavily guarded. It’s a shot, a movement, she’s done countless times in her career. Yet, when she comes back down to the floor her knee appears to buckle and she immediately falls and grabs her right knee. Tim said Azzi heard the all-too familiar “pop” when she went down.

An MRI confirmed the season-ending news later that week. Doctors told Katie and Tim that Azzi’s right knee was probably already compromised after her injury to the same knee last year

And maybe the only silver lining in the whole thing...apparently her tear this time isn’t as severe as it was in high school. She’s been able to walk around and do basic activities while she waits for surgery next month.

Azzi and Paige have played only 17 games together. Azzi has yet to play a full healthy season in a UConn uniform. She and her family were devastated, but there were some great quotes in the article on how the parents are dealing with it and how they have helped Azzi as well. It's so sad to see such a talented player continue to be plagued with so many injuries. But if her best friend Paige has anything to say about it, Azzi will come back even stronger and more hungry.

Thoughts and prayers for her and her family as well as her friends and the team as she works thru the surgery and rehab process. It won't be easy. But she can do it!!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
This is the first time I've read about the specifics of the injury other than "it happened in practice during a non-contact basketball move".

In a video replay of Azzi’s injury this month, the guard is seen going up for a layup in practice not heavily guarded. It’s a shot, a movement, she’s done countless times in her career. Yet, when she comes back down to the floor her knee appears to buckle and she immediately falls and grabs her right knee. Tim said Azzi heard the all-too familiar “pop” when she went down.

An MRI confirmed the season-ending news later that week. Doctors told Katie and Tim that Azzi’s right knee was probably already compromised after her injury to the same knee last year

And maybe the only silver lining in the whole thing...apparently her tear this time isn’t as severe as it was in high school. She’s been able to walk around and do basic activities while she waits for surgery next month.
Sadly, a tear is a tear and a pop usually signifies a complete tear. Unlike me, who was in my 30s and never a college athete, Azzi is in shape, great leg muscularity, so walking around is probably less of an issue than when I did mine. After learning how to walk with the instability, I was fine, however no pivoting or fast corners. Ick.

Reaction Score
It probably goes as far back as passing around newspapers or leaflets instead of everyone purchasing them. There is a sense that information is part of the public domain and therefore commonly shared. Books, are little different in that there is a shared sense of value, probably based upon the length of time it takes to read them, but articles have always been either free or very very inexpensive and we're very often shared by the original purchaser. That remains the common mindset towards reporting.

Or was that just a rhetorical question?
I believe it goes back to the thousand racks of newspapers in the University library where tuition was ~$3000 per semester [18 years after dirt was discovered in Iowa]... :cool::D:cool:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Perhaps I'm just another grumpy old man - and yet I wonder... When and how did it become common practice for good people to think nothing of circumventing paywalls? We value an article but don't see a reason to compensate the author or publisher for their work and expense. To my way of thinking this is a piece of the "Age of Entitlement" right here in our beloved Boneyard.
As a 76 year old former newspaper reporter, I remember when the advertisers covered my salary. A paywall to me is a dishonorable exercise in excessive greed. As a former applications developer who understands the 2 out of 3 rule (Good or Fast or Cheap; pick any two) if they have a problem with it develop an interface that isn't fast and cheap..

Reaction Score
What a amazing family. And a great article. I truly believe she will come out of this and be better than before. Like Paige did. So much support for Azzi and family. Azzi is a incredible person, she will never quit. Really tears on my heart. Such love. Like us all, we are 100% behind Azzi and family.

Reaction Score
Azzi is a huge asset for UConn, whether she plays basketball or not.
She will more likely than not finish her degree at UConn even if she never plays for the team again. Cal had top 2011 recruit that was diagnosed with a heart condition in the summer before she even entered school and she stayed the entire 4 years non dressed on the bench while she got her degree. Oregon st also had a girl who did not play and got her degree. Both players added to the team without playing. I am sure UConn would do the same for Fudd if need be.

Reaction Score
I believe it goes back to the thousand racks of newspapers in the University library where tuition was ~$3000 per semester [18 years after dirt was discovered in Iowa]... :cool::D:cool:
I thought that was 19 years after dirt was discovered in Iowa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom