Fall non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Fall non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Offering sour grapes to go with your whine?
Doesn't your school have any NIL prospects?

You imply that she was “bought”. That's a pretty disgusting attack on a young lady, and the lack of evidence to support the charge reflects badly… on the accuser.
Well not really and def not in the 6 to 7 figure range. I dont see anything wrong with paying people for their talent. Pretty sure that is how most jobs work. You're the one making it dirty.

Now I will say that there is a very dark side to handlers and frequently they arrange deals and sway kids based on deals that benefit them and the kids they "handle" dont even know it. I am in no way saying this is ADR's situation, but it is the situation for many kids.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Oh the talent money can buy!
You, and only you, are the one who made it dirty. Duck, dodge, and deflect may be your stock in trade, but you can't hide from your own words.

I see no problem with the kids getting compensated for their talents. That's not the same as saying, as you did, that a recruit was bought.

Accusations without evidence, then half walked back, “… I am in no way saying this is ADR's situation…” leave the residue, and it's still throwing dirt on the recruit.

If you have facts to support your nasty innuendo, present them.
Otherwise, a retraction and apology would be fitting, however unlikely.

Reaction Score
Was hoping she’d go to SC but ADR made a great choice in LSU. Kim has had some success coaching elite posts, for those who aren’t aware.

SEC is primed to be a gauntlet for the foreseeable future with Carolina, LSU, and Texas. I’m all in on the Gamecocks but you’re kidding yourself if you think Kim won’t have an SEC title of some form within the next few years.

Reaction Score
No one is naive enough to believe these top prospects aren't getting benefits (NIL or whatever) when picking schools now. Unforutatenly that is the nature of college athletics these days across the board. Personally I'm not entirely a fan of it as recruiting gets foggy now but at the same time I am happy players can build their brands and be able to create value for themselves.

But would this same post be made if she did choose TN, SC, UCONN, Stanford, Arizona, etc? Would you say then she is "just going for the money"? I have zero doubt Williams and Rosario are getting very strong NIL deals and other opportunities, but Kim has recruited exceptionally well in the past so her landing some of these players isn't exactly out of left field either.
Stanford doesnt pay, ND doesnt pay and neither does Duke. Don't know about Arizona or UCONN. TN and SC do pay. When I say they pay that means a collective has been formed to fund NIL deals specifically.
If I thought that money was the reason for any school, then I would say it.

Reaction Score
You, and only you, are the one who made it dirty. Duck, dodge, and deflect may be your stock in trade, but you can't hide from your own words.

I see no problem with the kids getting compensated for their talents. That's not the same as saying, as you did, that a recruit was bought.

Accusations without evidence, then half walked back, “… I am in no way saying this is ADR's situation…” leave the residue, and it's still throwing dirt on the recruit.

No, I said talent was bought. I'm not ducking anything. You are the one taking things down a dark road. I'm not retracting anything because your mind resides in the gutter.

Reaction Score

I'm not making accusations and I'm certainly not walking back anything. You are twisting words, instead of taking them at face value. My comment was no doubt flippant, but your reaction is pretty extreme.

Reaction Score
Was hoping she’d go to SC but ADR made a great choice in LSU. Kim has had some success coaching elite posts, for those who aren’t aware.

SEC is primed to be a gauntlet for the foreseeable future with Carolina, LSU, and Texas. I’m all in on the Gamecocks but you’re kidding yourself if you think Kim won’t have an SEC title of some form within the next few years.

It will be interesting.

Reaction Score
Here are the remaining big targets. Any predictions?
J Watkins
H Hidalgo
M Fulwiley
C Prosper
C Kitts
L Reynolds
O Okananwa
D Thomas
S Nichols
L Vasconcelo
S Wagner
O Cherry-Montague
J Brown
N Jones

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here are the remaining big targets. Any predictions?
H Hidalgo
M Fulwiley
C Prosper
C Kitts
L Reynolds
O Okananwa
D Thomas
S Nichols
L Vasconcelo
S Wagner
O Cherry-Montague
J Brown
N Jones
Yes. No of them become Vols and it’s all because of negative recruiting and NIL back alley deals or Harper decides none of them fit the culture of Tennessee.

Reaction Score

Baylor is still in the mix for Vasconcelo I believe, as well at Texas, Miss St, Ohio St
Wagner had recent visits to Oregon, A&M and USC
Nichols is 'rumored' to be committing to Kansas.
Kitts will be a battle, I would think between Louisville and SC?

Out of all those I feel most left in the dark with D Thomas. Anyone havje a clue?

Reaction Score

Baylor is still in the mix for Vasconcelo I believe, as well at Texas, Miss St, Ohio St

Out of all those I feel most left in the dark with D Thomas. Anyone havje a clue?

Has anyone offered D Thomas?

Reaction Score

Texas is pushing hard for L Vasconcelo. S Wagner’s recruitment has been a little strange. I thought she wanted stay close to home but is now visiting Oregon.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Has anyone offered D Thomas?
I'm sure someone has, right?
She has taken un-official visits to Tennessee and Louisville. Other than that it's been pretty tight lipped.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
No one is naive enough to believe these top prospects aren't getting benefits (NIL or whatever) when picking schools now. Unforutatenly that is the nature of college athletics these days across the board. Personally I'm not entirely a fan of it as recruiting gets foggy now but at the same time I am happy players can build their brands and be able to create value for themselves.

But would this same post be made if she did choose TN, SC, UCONN, Stanford, Arizona, etc? Would you say then she is "just going for the money"? I have zero doubt Williams and Rosario are getting very strong NIL deals and other opportunities, but Kim has recruited exceptionally well in the past so her landing some of these players isn't exactly out of left field either.
I’m willing to bet yes for SC… a poster literally blasted us for this on here barely a week ago lol..

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is something i didnt know. He added UCONN as well. Don't like it at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom