Fairfield Game | The Boneyard

Fairfield Game

Reaction Score
Just saw a very satisfying game featuring the other Connecticut team,. Niagara seemed to lead forever, and Fairfield stormed back to win goiing away. Won with a great deal of emotion as well. A very nice showing and enjoyable to watch. I'm not going to say the teams in this league are the strongest in the world, but put two well-matched teams against one another and the result can be a lot of fun.

Reaction Score
Just saw a very satisfying game featuring the other Connecticut team,. Niagara seemed to lead forever, and Fairfield stormed back to win goiing away. Won with a great deal of emotion as well. A very nice showing and enjoyable to watch. I'm not going to say the teams in this league are the strongest in the world, but put two well-matched teams against one another and the result can be a lot of fun.
Somewhere LOU LOPEZ SENECHAL is smiling her BIG SMILE! GO STAGS!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If they had lost that game [which looked likely a ton of time] I wonder if they would
have gotten an at-large bid...with a record of 30-2? Well...31-1 is better!
Actually as a ranked team they would have most likely been an at large bid team, taking away a spot from a team in one of the so-called Power 5's, soon to be Power 4's. If CC's bracketology is correct on the last four in, it would've been Arizona, a 17-15 team with a losing conference record.

I've always believed that no matter what Conference you are in, if you have a losing record in your conference play that the only way you get a bid is to win your Conference tournament. It is outrageous that a team that can't win in their Conference gets a bid, while some teams that win their regular season Conference play does not because they have one bad game in their Conference tournament.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watched the game and I was surprised Fairfield pulled it out. Glad they got the win but man, I was not impressed with their play. What impressed me was the defensive play of Niagara. Just goes to show you how hungry some teams are. Go Fairfield.

Reaction Score
If they had lost that game [which looked likely a ton of time] I wonder if they would
Charlie Creme addressed this quite definitely yesterday during the game. His answer was a hard NO.

Reaction Score
Great season for the Stags, and they deserve props for an outstanding record. However, after watching them play for the first time yesterday, they are not a “quality” team. They play hard, and are well coached, but a top notch HS program would beat them. Other than the auto bid, they don’t belong in the big dance. Sorry

Reaction Score
I was thinking about that as well. Glad that we don't have to worry about that now but it was close.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
They play hard, and are well coached, but a top notch HS program would beat them.
Not that long ago, you occasionally heard the same thing from those skeptical about women’s bball as regards our Huskies - that a good boys high school team could beat us.

Glad we don’t hear that much anymore.

Reaction Score
Not that long ago, you occasionally heard the same thing from those skeptical about women’s bball as regards our Huskies - that a good boys high school team could beat us.

Glad we don’t hear that much anymore.
@cabbie191, I meant a top notch girl's team would beat them, say Archbishop Mitty (CA), Long Island Lutheran, Montverde Academy (FL), Etiwanda (CA), and a host of other top shelf teams. Not a knock on Fairfield, they just don't have any thoroughbreds to ride!

Reaction Score
Great season for the Stags, and they deserve props for an outstanding record. However, after watching them play for the first time yesterday, they are not a “quality” team. They play hard, and are well coached, but a top notch HS program would beat them. Other than the auto bid, they don’t belong in the big dance. Sorry
First, give credit to Niagara for their outstanding effort in this game. Second, no way a HS program beats them. They went 23-0 in a solid D1 Mid Major, beat St John’s and Rutgers, and only lost by three points to Shea Ralph’s Vanderbilt team, which made the NCAA as well. It may not have been their best game, but HS level? No way !!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom