Fair question about Boston from a UCONN fan perspective | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Fair question about Boston from a UCONN fan perspective

Reaction Score
When Boston was a freshman many South Carolina fans said she was a "generational" player. The response here was...no, she hasn't proved anything yet. I consider many of the UCONN players generational but above all Stewie.....I know Boston is not in Stewie's league yet but would you now consider her a generational player ?

She’s big and takes up space, rebounds, think Steph Dolson or Courtney Paris. Generational player? No. She will never be in Stewie’s league or Candace Parker’s league.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
She’s big and takes up space, rebounds, think Steph Dolson or Courtney Paris. Generational player? No. She will never be in Stewie’s league or Candace Parker’s league.
Much closer to Stewart/Parker in terms of collegiate impact than Paris/Dolson. She doesn't have the same perimeter skills but is dominant defensively and has a polished offensive skill set for a center.

Dolson was never a space eater either....she often played in the high post and specialized in setting huge screens rather than dominating down low. Paris was the epitome of a space eater and struggled defending opposing bigs with good post moves.

Reaction Score
Boston? No. But she is a tremendous player. But is she the defining talent of this generation? I don't think so, though she does set a standard of work and energy that everyone should aspire to. She also seems to be a very nice person.

I would have said Paige is a generational player after last year. But for the injury, we might have seen if she could really develop into the signal player of her generation. If she can avoid injury for two more years, who knows what she can show us, especially surrounded by a lot of talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom