Fagnano Out For Year- Roberson New Starter | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Fagnano Out For Year- Roberson New Starter

Reaction Score
I stay this understanding that someone far more knowledgeable about football made a decision on QB to start off the year, but I truly believe that TR gives us a much better chance to be successful in the RPO because of his athleticism than JF ever could. Joe might have better accuracy, better understanding of the playbook, all valid - but a defense needing not only to account for the RPO but also the QB option and his ability to run as a 3rd choice should make TR's first read be easier, and thus more productive. I can't wait to see if I'm right.

Reaction Score
I stay this understanding that someone far more knowledgeable about football made a decision on QB to start off the year, but I truly believe that TR gives us a much better chance to be successful in the RPO because of his athleticism than JF ever could. Joe might have better accuracy, better understanding of the playbook, all valid - but a defense needing not only to account for the RPO but also the QB option and his ability to run as a 3rd choice should make TR's first read be easier, and thus more productive. I can't wait to see if I'm right.
With a small sample, it is clear as day that TR gives us much more explosiveness vs. JF. TR has a chip on his shoulders, and this is a good chance for him to stay healthy and be the new leader of the team. I really hope he will have a great game this coming SAT.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yep. We shall see, but the dual threat label isn't justified at this point. I tend to think it is presumed because he's an undersized, athletic looking QB. He's a physical specimen, so hopefully he's got some wheels.
You also have to wonder if Charlton will be afraid to run too much because he doesn't need to have another season with only one healthy QB.

But...Roberson is a better runner than JF or Zion...and that minimally will help with scrambles.

Reaction Score
Honestly, outside of the bowl game and Army, Zion wasn’t the worlds worst QB. We were scrappy and found ways to win. I’m hoping Ta’quan brings the same mindset.
Because with the exception of Liberty, every win, the defense held the other team to 14 or fewer points.

Reaction Score
Charlton should call whatever plays give us a better chance to win. If that means running TR so be it. This is TR’s coming out party. I’m anticipating a great effort and a big win.
This times a million. At this point, even if we believed that the playbook, last year, was managed to keep the QB healthy (I don't really buy that, as much as I wish I did); sitting 0-2 in a year where you hoped to recapture the fan-base, all the guardrails have to come off, run the plays that give you the best chance to win, if it means running the QB more, so be it, but you have to run the plays that give the team the best chance.

Reaction Score
You also have to wonder if Charlton will be afraid to run too much because he doesn't need to have another season with only one healthy QB.

We should currently have at least THREE healthy QBs on the roster.

Reaction Score
Charlton should call whatever plays give us a better chance to win. If that means running TR so be it. This is TR’s coming out party. I’m anticipating a great effort and a big win.
I wish I could agree with you but I can't in this instance. We have had nothing but injuries with running the QB. If you get flushed out of the pocket and have to run thats ok. HOwever designed runs lead to to many QB hurt. Roberson looks like a pretty small player to begin with and I don't want him out for the season.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
We should currently have at least THREE healthy QBs on the roster.
My point was that he may not want to run Roberson too much because we are already down one QB for the season. He doesn't want to keep losing qbs.

I think they started last season with 4 and ended up with just Zion.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I kind of get the feeling that the choice of Fagnano might have surprised the team a little bit. I I feel like there will be good energy for Roberson this weekend.

(No, I'm not suggesting anyone sandbagged it for Fagnano.)

Reaction Score
Hope you’re right. We’re only 7 point favorites, but Vegas can’t be right every time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Roberson is short, but in person he looks thick. You never know but he looks durable.

Right. I'm not saying I want linebackers squaring up on Roberson a dozen times tomorrow but he's also not the QB I worry about just for taking a hit.

Be smart and decisive with the runs. If he can get out of bounds, get out of bounds. If he can slide, slide. And if he has to take a hit, hedge a bit to try to keep from taking a hard hit.

Reaction Score
Right. I'm not saying I want linebackers squaring up on Roberson a dozen times tomorrow but he's also not the QB I worry about just for taking a hit.

Be smart and decisive with the runs. If he can get out of bounds, get out of bounds. If he can slide, slide. And if he has to take a hit, hedge a bit to try to keep from taking a hard hit.
Definitely take a long slide, it’s the best way to get a flag for a late hit.

Reaction Score
Tomorrows game a bit of a litmus test for Charlton. Can we have nice things or not?
I think they will come out kicking on all cylinders tomorrow. Mora and Charlton have sat down with Roberson and the rest of the offense this week, and gone over the X’s, O’s and the arrows. They have a weapon in Roberson, and his receivers, not to mention Houston, Burns, and Brewton. Every guy has to know his role.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom