Fagnano Out For Year- Roberson New Starter | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fagnano Out For Year- Roberson New Starter

Reaction Score
It just wouldn’t be a UConn football season without being paper-thin at QB.

Hoping Fagnano has a speedy recovery, and hope TR can stay healthy and be productive.

Reaction Score
What do you guys think it is that makes us so bad at recruiting QBs in particular? Like ok we’re obviously not getting the top say 75-100 QBs but there are thousands of high schools across the country - you don’t think we could get SOMEONE halfway decent?

Maybe I’m naive but in my mind wouldn’t someone rather actually play ball than sit 4th on the Michigan depth chart and probably never see the field?

Reaction Score
What do you guys think it is that makes us so bad at recruiting QBs in particular? Like ok we’re obviously not getting the top say 75-100 QBs but there are thousands of high schools across the country - you don’t think we could get SOMEONE halfway decent?

Maybe I’m naive but in my mind wouldn’t someone rather actually play ball than sit 4th on the Michigan depth chart and probably never see the field?

A preponderance of awful offensive coordinators, including Coach Iceball Maine Football himself.

Reaction Score

Not sure I agree. Roberson worked his way to number 2 at penn state. That’s at least as good as 4th at MI. Millen was also highly rated.

Reaction Score

I've pondered this same question thousands of times. I always tell myself that probability would suggest only a few HS quarterbacks are good enough to play D1 at a competent level. 'Its not uconns fault' I say to myself. "It's not like there are tons of good d1 level qbs to choose from".
But then I watch some scrubby a** schools and their random, podunk qb is looking like Fran Tarkenton out there.
You're telling me kids like that wouldn't play for Jim Mora??? I'm at a complete loss.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
The one thing about Roberson is he was a true dual threat when he came to UConn. My hope he still can run well enough and throw to make this team go.

I hope Joe Fagnano has a good recovery from the surgery this week.
He’s really not. He didn’t run much in limited time at PSU, didn’t run last weekend, and everything I can find about him in HS only talks about his passing yards.

Reaction Score
He’s really not. He didn’t run much in limited time at PSU, didn’t run last weekend, and everything I can find about him in HS only talks about his passing yards.
Yep. We shall see, but the dual threat label isn't justified at this point. I tend to think it is presumed because he's an undersized, athletic looking QB. He's a physical specimen, so hopefully he's got some wheels.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Yep. We shall see, but the dual threat label isn't justified at this point. I tend to think it is presumed because he's an undersized, athletic looking QB. He's a physical specimen, so hopefully he's got some wheels.
Yeah im cautiously excited. He looked way better than Fagnano had. Ultimately we’re still stuck with a horrible OC so im not expecting much

Reaction Score
Big win on Saturday will change attitudes around here. I think we bury FIU and score at will. Roberson’s performance will have us all asking “so what was the factor that differentiated JP from TR?

Reaction Score
All the best to Fagnano on his recovery and thanks to him for his coming to UConn. Hopefully, he will be fully recovered for next season and will have his chance, again, to become the starting quarterback. Of course, I am now rooting for Robertson to be the best quarterback UConn has ever had! That is my wish for every quarterback that joins the team. ;);)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom