Faces in the Gampel Crowd? | The Boneyard

Faces in the Gampel Crowd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller tweeted "add Lorin Dixon to the former UConn players who were at Gampel" for tonight's game. Who were the others?

Jim also tweeted that recruit Gabby Williams stuck around on her unofficial visit to watch the Vandy game. Nice.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
From Jim Fuller's blog:

Among those in attendance was highly-touted junior guard Gabby Williams out of Reed High in Sparks, Nev. who has been on an unofficial visit. When last I saw her, she was leaving the locker room with the UConn players and seemed to be having the time of her life.
Although she has yet to be offered a scholarship,. it is pretty clear that UConn is very high on Williams. Assistant coach Shea Ralph went to see her play in January but unfortunately she suffered a season-ending torn ACL in a game the following day.
She has a long road back before she can get back on the court and on in the high jump pit as Williams is one of the nation's best high jumpers who finished fifth in the event at the 2012 U.S. Olympic trials.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Donny Marshall was there, does he count?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Actually, I was joshing Ice. Wouldn't have used the word "tarnation" otherwise, one of Gabby's favorites. I might be older than Gabby.
Dag burnit, you are right, cohenzone.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Tiffany Hayes was at the game.

I miss Tiff .....!!!

tiff3.jpg

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
But not Gabby Hayes.

Although Hayes can be gabby and post ACL surgery Gabby was in a haze.

ICE I didn't think you were old enough to know who Gabby Hayes was. Are you over 50 like me?

Reaction Score
Many of us were under 50 back when the announcer would say, "Berrruuuuuuuuuuuubeeee!" But the UConn athletic department marketing staff decided we were immortal and that they didn't need to market the team to younger generations.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
46, and I plan to go into a holding pattern at 49 .....

No AARP for me !!

soup-nazi_320+copy.jpg

You cannot escape AARP. They track you down from the moment you turn 50. And if they don't get you right away, they keep at it, knowing that eventually they will wear you down as you become tired. ....

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Often for comic relief...Like Pat and Nellybelle.

All gone - Roy, Dale, Pat Brady, Gabby, Trigger, and unfortunately, Nellybelle also.

Happy Trails to You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer