Ezi Magbegor In The News | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor In The News

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yes sir!!! Geno and staff have been hosting potential recruits for decades. They know what they are doing, and exactly how to appeal to a recruit and her parent's sensibilities and desires. UConn can't compete with campuses in an urban location, nor those in warm climates. UConn's facilities are not state of the art, but they are (I would imagine) comparable with that of most other top ranked D-1 programs. What does set UConn apart from all of the other programs is the staff and the legacy.

Let's not forget the adage: A good indication of future behavior is past behavior. Any program can win a single championship. How many win championships on a continuing basis? THAT'S the program I would be interested in taking a very close look at. Why? They are doing something that the other programs aren't. Since they continue to win with different players, it must be the system. Also, with UConn, there's usually no drop off when their best player(s) leaves. After the BIG 3 left, UConn was 1 basket or 1 free throw in regulation from playing in the championship game. They won 36 games in a row that year. Players come and go, but yet, UConn continues to win, and very seldom lose. Gabby and Kia never lost a home game in their 4 years at UConn. Not to mention their graduation rate is 100% and they are highly coveted by every team in the WNBA during the league draft and beyond.

If winning championships are important, note the last time the UCLA women won one. If coaches are important, note how many NC's Cori Close has won. This is not a hard choice here. If she wants 75 degrees and sunny, and to be within 4 miles of the Santa Monica beach, direct flights to Australia from LAX airport, live in a very popular upscale community, attend a well known and respected institution of higher learning, then UCLA is the place for her. If she wants to experience the exhilaration of winning national champions, be coached and molded into the best player she can be, while receiving a high quality education that will serve her well any where in the world, then the choice is clear. Depending on what Magbegor wants from a college basketball program, the choice should be Ezi. Something to think about. :rolleyes:
"The choice should be Ezi." Ha! ICWYDT

Reaction Score
During years of “Israeli connection”, in addition to four players on men’s team, Orly Grossman, played a year (90-91) for team

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
And Tihana Abrlic from Croatia. Also had Rashidat Sadiq from Nigeria. And of course the Big Rig, Christine Rigby from Canada.
The Big Rig!

Reaction Score
It would be great to have an Australian join the UConn WBB family. My memory is failing me, but I don't recall any european or australian on the UConn WWB team except the great Svetlana Abrosimova.

If Ezi does come might it be the opening of a pipeline to the land down under?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If she comes I imagine a lot of potential recruits would consider UConn for the opportunity to play in her homecoming game
Also worth noting that the UConn band will have 4 years to learn “Advance Australia Fair” for Ezi’s Senior Night.

Reaction Score
And Tihana Abrlic from Croatia. Also had Rashidat Sadiq from Nigeria. And of course the Big Rig, Christine Rigby from Canada.
I am interested in knowing if any of these you mentioned won a national title at UConn.Please let me know.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Also worth noting that the UConn band will have 4 years to learn “Advance Australia Fair” for Ezi’s Senior Night.
It'll take about 10 mins however to learn "Waltzing Matilda".

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I am interested in knowing if any of these you mentioned won a national title at UConn.Please let me know.
Abrlic did not. She was a JC transfer, played in 97-98 and 98-99.
Christine Rigby did. She was a JC transfer, played in 98-99, 99-00 (NC) and 00-01 (FF).
Sadiq did not. She was a JC transfer, played in 04-05.
Jess McCormick I believe was here 08-09 (NC), but I think Redshirted that year, and then transfered out (returned to play Netball). Don't remember her actually playing for UCONN.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Another BY’er indicated there were two other recruits sitting behind UConn’s bench, possibly including Aliyah Boston. If Boston was there, it was the 3rd or 4th Husky game she attended. I know she’s just up the road from Storrs, but her interest is such, that I’d have to consider Boston as close to a sure thing as there is when it comes to recruits.

There's an old saying that I hope applies here: "When you associate, you assimilate". Subconsciously, if she attends enough UConn games, she will become like most UConn women fans, in that she will identify with Geno and his team to the point that the thought of playing somewhere else won't enter her mind. That "hook" will be firmly planted, to the point where she can't wait to become part of the program. I've watched so many UConn games, it's hard to watch other women's teams play. I sheepishly admit to being spoiled. Once you become accustomed to driving big luxury cars, it's hard to appreciate or go back to small base model nissans or toyotas. :confused:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yesterday would be not soon enough for some of us. ;)

As I continue to read comments here, I find it amazing how much alike some of us think! :)

HGN

Reaction Score
I hope you're right about Boston and that it's more than a feeling.
On another note, how would Boston feel with ONO and Ezi being in the class in front of her ?
I would hope that Boston would feel like there is tremendous depth against injury and a chance to get better. ALL Aliyah has to do is keep getting Better and Better
and there will be nothing to worry about.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hopefully, Boston and Amihere can discuss that big problem as roommates in Storrs. UConn can't leave it's Canadian spot open.
Not sure about Boston’s roomy, as Sam Brunelle expressed how much she enjoyed playing together with Boston on one of the USA teams. :)

Reaction Score
Abrlic did not. She was a JC transfer, played in 97-98 and 98-99.
Christine Rigby did. She was a JC transfer, played in 98-99, 99-00 (NC) and 00-01 (FF).
Sadiq did not. She was a JC transfer, played in 04-05.
Jess McCormick I believe was here 08-09 (NC), but I think Redshirted that year, and then transfered out (returned to play Netball). Don't remember her actually playing for UCONN.
Jess didnt.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not sure about Boston’s roomy, as Sam Brunelle expressed how much she enjoyed playing together with Boston on one of the USA teams. :)
Solution: Petition the director of housing at UCONN for a 3 man room. If they don't have one already they have a full year to get one ready.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I'm not sure we have to wait until next year,per @Charliebball there have been runblings of transfers for the University of the lone star state.
I've heard, or rather seen them. Her experience at UT has gone exactly as I predicted. From day one she walked into the gym with the attitude that she was the best ever promised child and quickly found out she wasn't even the best in the room, and nothing is promised. It was an easy prediction that her poor conditioning wouldn't help at all. She'll chase minutes to another school and find happiness at being top dog among mediocrity.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't think the guy with Ezi was her brother Ovie. His college team, Univ of West Georgia, played a game last night. I wonder if the family flew from CT to Atlanta to watch him play. UWG lost and Ovie scored 4 points and grabbed 5 boards in 11 minutes. I believe Ezi has 2 other brothers so I suspect it was one of them who was with her at the UConn game.
Ah! Makes sense. Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom