Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So if UConn cannot comment yet, is it possible they’re lying? :confused:
Not exactly... they are not allowed to comment by NCAA rule, so the fact that they can not confirm she made a decision is not a surprise to me.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Does not heard yet mean they have not received the LOI and cannot comment?
Any NLI that Ezi will sign will only be official on April 11, the first day of the signing period, and could only be commented on by a coach after it’s official.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not exactly... they are not allowed to comment by NCAA rule, so the fact that they can not confirm she made a decision is not a surprise to me.
According to Adamec, UConn “had not heard.” I believe that’s a comment. Hence my question, are they lying by saying they had not heard?

Reaction Score
According to Adamec, UConn “had not heard.” I believe that’s a comment. Hence my question, are they lying by saying they had not heard?
Sorry OldDude... I think they have no choice but to answer that way. If they say they heard something... then no one will let up until they spill the beans. By rule they can't comment... they don't want to break the rule, so they have to "lie" about it for now.

Reaction Score
I don't think UConn would say anything even if they could until the recruit is ready to announce.....as I wrote earlier, don't get too excited this could be a big nothing..

Boy Charlie, you sure know how to put a damper on a feel good party. :rolleyes:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I think Carl has been around the block enough times WRT recruiting and such that he would not report or even tweet something that he regarded as a “non-statement” or something that had no news value simply because the coaches technically cannot make public comments at this point.

Reaction Score

That's false. They cannot comment directly about a player until they sign a NLI but they can comment whether the recruit has made a decision yet.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's false. They cannot comment directly about a player until they sign a NLI but they can comment whether the recruit has made a decision yet.
No!

where-did-you-get-that.jpg

Reaction Score
He's had three articles in the last week that in succession have stated Ezi's:

Visited UCLA and UCONN, and her coach in Canberra hopes she stays.

Leaving Australia to go to school in the United States.

Being partially replaced in Canberra by Kelsey Griffin.

Leaving Canberra; with UConn in parenthesis next to this news.

That's not one note, it's a timeline of events reported by someone from her country who has reported on her over the past year. It means he'd have to be passing on incorrect information over the course of numerous articles. One would think that someone from Ezi's camp or perhaps her team in Canberra would correct the record if said info was false or premature.

Or he simply made a mistake in omitting UCLA.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

13.11.2 Comments Before Signing. Before the signing of a prospect to a National Letter of Intent or an institution's written offer of admission and/or financial aid, a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospect. The institution may not comment generally about the prospect's ability or the contribution that the prospect might make to the institution's team; further, the institution is precluded from commenting in any manner as to the likelihood of the prospect's signing with that institution. Violations of this bylaw do not affect a prospect's eligibility and are considered institutional violations per Constitution 2.8.1. (Revised: 1/14/97)

Reaction Score
Don't think so.

Whats the difference between saying we are not aware she made a decision or we are aware she has made a decision? Nothing. They can't say what that decision is, but they can say whether they have been informed or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom