Extended Game Week - UConn vs. Holy Cross (8/31 @7:30p SNY) + Post Game | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Extended Game Week - UConn vs. Holy Cross (8/31 @7:30p SNY) + Post Game

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 26m26 minutes ago
No update on what looks to be a serious arm injury for Junior Joseph. Edsall will know extent Friday.

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 22m22 minutes ago
Foley Fatukasi will have to sit out first half vs. USF because of targeting penalty. Fatukasi and Edsall both said ref made right call.

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 19m19 minutes ago
Edsall praised Foley Fatukasi, who addressed team at halftime despite having been tossed from game.

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 19m19 minutes ago
Pindell handled himself very well after game. "Proud of Bryant. I wasn't overly thrilled but it was an opportunity to learn."

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 18m18 minutes ago
Pindell on QBs: "[Shirreffs] did his job, and I'm proud of him. We'll keep making each other better in practice, no matter who is starter."

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 15m15 minutes ago
Shirreffs said he prepared like he was going to play the whole game, each play through, and was comfortable entering in 3rd Q

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 15m15 minutes ago
Shirreffs approached Edsall couple days ago, stressed that he's committed to team, program and whatever role he plays. Edsall was impressed.

Reaction Score
There are so many positives to this very first game of the season. HC was a really good test for this team. Pujols and his receivers and those cross patterns were almost unstoppable. HC was much better than I was expected, which is why this game was a great gauge of the team. REv2 made the adjustment and BS came through like the great teammate and leader that he is. Imagine PP and the cranberry pant guy on the sideline instead, they would have helped us lose the game. Clearly the O line needs to get better, the defense was porous and they will get better, witness the second half. Foley's hit to the helmet was clearly NOT intentional, but he gave a great half time speech and even gave credit to the referee for making the right call. Great sportsmanship. And down by 13 at the half, the team NEVER gave up. Lots of people gave up by the half but the coaches and team hung in there and came out with a WIN!!! What is better than that? I will admit that I did not expect this game played out this way, I thought we were better and HC was not that good. I was wrong on both counts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom