Expectations: Isaiah Whaley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Expectations: Isaiah Whaley

Reaction Score
if he holds firm in his defense and does a better job finishing at/around the rim, he will have a great year. This team can’t leave as many points at the rim as they did last year and it starts with Whaley and Martin (58.5% and 50.0% respectively around the rim which are both below average for their position).

Reaction Score
They key for Whaley is that he's 24 years old. There is a reason why veteran teams usually win in college basketball. Older, experienced players often out play younger more talented players. One of the reasons why I wasn't too worried about "replacing Bouknight" is that Whaley, Cole and Martin are key players for us and they are very experienced.

I expect Whaley to take a few more jump shots. I'd like to see him slash to the rim a bit more, especially if Sanogo draws double teams, but he really hasn't shown that. I think it's more likely that Jackson or Akok does that. I think Whaley starts, but Akok should push him for time, and it may be that using Whaley as the backup 4 and 5 is our best lineup.

Not sure why we’d want one of our best players backing up anyone I want all the minutes we can get from him. His impact is improving every year and no one else plays defense as well as he does. I hope Akok pushes him and improves this year again and he becomes the back up for 3-4-5. We need Whaley and Martin to add 5-10% to their FG percentage and finish better closer to the rim but both bring so much more to the table hard to take them off the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom