'Exclusive Season Ticket Holder Practice' - Saturday 7/29 at Univ of St Joseph | Page 3 | The Boneyard

'Exclusive Season Ticket Holder Practice' - Saturday 7/29 at Univ of St Joseph

Reaction Score
I just tried, they said they're at full capacity

And I have a lot of points, guess it really was first come first served
I think they filled up sooner because season ticket holders were allowed to bring guests. Two or three here, two or three there, boom, filled to capacity. I would have done the same though. Next year I'll be quicker. At least we all get to hear from those who do go, their takes on the players and team.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly not so long-ago men's D1 basketball teams could not have organized practices with a coach present until October 1st.

Now it seems that every D1 college has coach lead practices throughout the year.

When did the NCAA rule change?

Practices don't have coaches. That's how they get around it. When I was playing, we practiced most of the summer. Coaches would give a practice plan to the captains/student managers.

I think what you're seeing is the effect of social media, not any NCAA rule chance.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Practices don't have coaches. That's how they get around it. When I was playing, we practiced most of the summer. Coaches would give a practice plan to the captains/student managers.

I think what you're seeing is the effect of social media, not any NCAA rule chance.
I thought assistant coaches could help out, just not the head coach, although I played DII so I’m sure no one cared to check. Maybe that was just for pre-season conditioning. Long time ago…

Reaction Score
I thought assistant coaches could help out, just not the head coach, although I played DII so I’m sure no one cared to check. Maybe that was just for pre-season conditioning. Long time ago…

I'm not familiar enough with the rules to say. Long time ago for me too.

Reaction Score
Teams can practice in the summer with coaches now, there are just limits on how long (per week and for the whole summer) and how much of the time can be dedicated to on-court skill instruction. Teams doing summer trips also get up to 10 extra allowable practices.

Reaction Score
It's frustrating that they're deciding to do this at St. Joseph's with a max capacity of 450 ppl (inclusive of Season ticket holders guests). Why be so limiting? Especially in light of prior open practices for Season ticket holders held at Gampel to capacity. So many are excluded that would otherwise want to go.

Reaction Score
It's frustrating that they're deciding to do this at St. Joseph's with a max capacity of 450 ppl (inclusive of Season ticket holders guests). Why be so limiting? Especially in light of prior open practices for Season ticket holders held at Gampel to capacity. So many are excluded that would otherwise want to go.
Have to assume the court isn't ready at Gampel

Reaction Score
Also usually the open practices at gampel, at least the ones I went to were closer to the start of the season so they’ll probably still do that and this is extra

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Also usually the open practices at gampel, at least the ones I went to were closer to the start of the season so they’ll probably still do that and this is extra
I think a trip to Europe and Storrs renovations has twisted schedules this year.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Teams can practice in the summer with coaches now, there are just limits on how long (per week and for the whole summer) and how much of the time can be dedicated to on-court skill instruction. Teams doing summer trips also get up to 10 extra allowable practices.
Pretty great idea to do a summer trip to get those extra practices plus game warm ups.

Not to mention it’s going to be a great experience for the guys going out the country. Win-win-win situation.

Reaction Score
IMG_5153.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom