Evina concern | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Evina concern

Reaction Score
I don't think E moves like a hoopster. She kind of glides. Hoop players don't glide, they explode with quick, explosive bursts.
I remember when I would come home for summer break and play with my old HS buddies and I could just bust by them. It was what I've called being in "hoop shape" or even hoop strong. E doesn't bust by people.
Come to think of it, there isn't much of that on the team with PB out. CW will take 2 or 3 strong dribbles before she retreats to the 3-point line. At least CD sticks her nose in there and tries to finish. AE can't blow by anybody. Rarely Nika. Occasionally.
Hoops is about short bursts. Getting by someone, then having the skills to finish or the vision to make a good pass.
Even shooting IMO is an explosive kind of move, especially off the dribble. Get a step on someone, stop on a dime, pull up square to the hoop strong, follow through, use your legs. E can't do that. It's a glide. It's why she can't shake her defender. She's rarely truly open. Last year she got open and I like the little short J in the lane going left.
Think Gabby. Could finish with either hand. Swoop for rebounds. Defend.

Reaction Score
I think E will flourish in the W. I have some thoughts about her, mindset, her frustrations that she touched on in the recent piece published about her struggles in earlier years. It seems like things are weighing on her mind, and it's not all about basketball. I think she will go in the first round.
Evina is 23, spending all day, every day with teenagers. Think about that for a second.
Anyway. I think she is a great player with big potential at the next level. She would be a star on most teams, I just think her light has been dimmed recently. She hears the criticism. All of it.
You certainly may be right about the next level.
She's residing at a Women's college basketball Mecca. Best coaching, teammates to challenge her daily, immaculate facilities- training rooms, gyms, trainers, strength coaches, the legitimate goal of winning championships every year.
She has every opportunity to shine. If she plays well, she'll average 38-40 minutes a night. She is a primary ballhandler. The only person holding her back from shooting and scoring is E.
Ok, she's an adult in a big-time spot. What is she gunna get with these other teams that she isn't getting at UConn.
Come on E, team needs you right!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I don't think E moves like a hoopster. She kind of glides. Hoop players don't glide, they explode with quick, explosive bursts.
Allow me to introduce you to "Clyde the Glide" Drexler. The nickname says it all. Larry Legend may never be described as a glider. Nor could he be described as explosive. He and Clyde can only be described as two the best ever. Both are hall of famers and members of the NBA top fifty players ever. There are exceptions to the stereotypical basketball player.

Reaction Score
Allow me to introduce you to "Clyde the Glide" Drexler. The nickname says it all. Larry Legend may never be described as a glider. Nor could he be described as explosive. He and Clyde can only be described as two the best ever. Both are hall of famers and members of the NBA top fifty players ever. There are exceptions to the stereotypical basketball player.
Ok, I’m fine with that. One of my points is that E can’t seem to get space out there. I would ask, how did Drexler and Bird create space for themselves on the floor? One thing about Larry; he had an absolutely wicked jab step. Bird was also a brilliant shooter, so defenders had to crowd him, opening him up for drives. Clyde’s strides and athleticism, including long arms and leaping ability got him open, especially in transition.
Maybe like a receiver in football, gotta create space somehow. Like you said, more than one way to skin a cat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom