Everything considered, today was a good day. | The Boneyard

Everything considered, today was a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) Yes, our offense sucks. It will suck next week and the week after and the week after - the only thing that will save this offense from sucking next year too is a timely retirement. Or a kidnapping.

2) Perry Hills is going to sleep with the lights on tonight. He might need counseling before he even looks at another football field. From the Washington Post:

Connecticut brought the house, the farm and all other matters of residential structures on defense with a well-disguised pass rush designed by former Maryland defensive coordinator Don Brown.

3) The ACC had a freaking brutal day. Bad teams, bad football - if you spray lacquer a pile of dog s*** and then sprinkle it with glitter, it's still a pile of dog s***. Win the press conferences, lose the games, I guess.

4) So Randy Edsall's dream job was a nightmare for a couple of hours this afternoon. There's about 5,000 things I'd like to say about him, one of which is to tell him to go suck a bag of dicks, but I won't. I yelled most of them during the game, so it's out of my system.

Almost - I read that his voice cracked when he saw some of his former players after the game. I guess that'd be the first time he'd seen them since the Fiesta Bowl locker room....I hope a chunk of the moon breaks off and crushes him.

5) I will enjoy reading the Maryland papers tomorrow morning.

Reaction Score
I'm willing to give our offensive coaches more time. I think the play calling is necessarily conservative at the moment. With - effectively - a Redshirt Freshman at quarterback and the offensive line learning a new system I think that, as the season goes on U'Conn's offense will improve.

Reaction Score
I'm willing to give our offensive coaches more time. I think the play calling is necessarily conservative at the moment. With - effectively - a Redshirt Freshman at quarterback and the offensive line learning a new system I think that, as the season goes on U'Conn's offense will improve.

I think you're on some crazy sticky, but I hope to you're right.

Reaction Score
Agreed! I just watched a replay of the first offensive possession. If Whitmer doesn't get stripped.....

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1) Yes, our offense sucks. It will suck next week and the week after and the week after - the only thing that will save this offense from sucking next year too is a timely retirement. Or a kidnapping.

2) Perry Hills is going to sleep with the lights on tonight. He might need counseling before he even looks at another football field. From the Washington Post:

Connecticut brought the house, the farm and all other matters of residential structures on defense with a well-disguised pass rush designed by former Maryland defensive coordinator Don Brown.

3) The ACC had a freaking brutal day. Bad teams, bad football - if you spray lacquer a pile of dog s*** and then sprinkle it with glitter, it's still a pile of dog s***. Win the press conferences, lose the games, I guess.

4) So Randy Edsall's dream job was a nightmare for a couple of hours this afternoon. There's about 5,000 things I'd like to say about him, one of which is to tell him to go suck a bag of dicks, but I won't. I yelled most of them during the game, so it's out of my system.

Almost - I read that his voice cracked when he saw some of his former players after the game. I guess that'd be the first time he'd seen them since the Fiesta Bowl locker room....I hope a chunk of the moon breaks off and crushes him.

5) I will enjoy reading the Maryland papers tomorrow morning.

The irony of all ironies is that while coaching Uconn, opposing papers and fans would consistently call for coaches' heads after a loss to Uconn. Now Uconn may put one of the final nails in Randy's dream coffin.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

This. The most depressing and disgusting thing that you typed was not the spray-lacquered dog s#it or even the bag of dicks (where does one procure a bag of dicks??). It was the fact that you are absolutely 100% right that the ACC will yet again win the press conference battle, even though they have lost the field battles. I mean, could any other team have made Pitt look like the Steelers except for an ACC team??? Certainly not Youngstown State!

What a f^%king shame that money and public opinion has dictated more in college football than the standard of play...

Reaction Score
The irony of all ironies is that while coaching Uconn, opposing papers and fans would consistently call for coaches' heads after a loss to Uconn. Now Uconn may put one of the final nails in Randy's dream coffin.
It ain't over yet. His hot seat may be hot but it cooled down just a little bit.

Reaction Score
Eh, its over. I wish no will on Randy except when they play us. Deloeone sucks. Whitmer's reward in the fourth after converting a third on long, after two runs,.... a spot on the bench. The kid gets no shot get his rhythm. None.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I want Maryland to go 4-8 or so this year so that Edsall will get one more shot at respectability with "his players." That way we can smoke them at home next year and start the hot seat talk.

Team looked OK today. Offense looked good some drives and bad others. The wildcat looked pretty good on that TD drive for probably the first time this season. I like mixing in McCummings on a blast with the back as a lead blocker instead of just always running the read option. Throwing in a straight passing play also helped open things up in the wildcat I think. I wasn't crazy about the specific pass but it wasn't a turnover and I think it served it's purpose.

Reaction Score
Maryland probably has to win 5 to have him back for next year. I am convinced Deleone is building an offense with next season in mind. Chance to beat Michigan. And Maryland again next year.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Honestly, if we're even thinking about beating the Terps next year - FUCRE or no FUCRE - we're gonna need to stop that Biggs kid. He was the best skill player on the field, as a true freshman! Impressive talent...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Whitmer's reward in the fourth after converting a third on long, after two runs,.... a spot on the bench. The kid gets no shot get his rhythm. None.

This is the biggest problem that I have with the wildcat!! It's not that it doesn't work in spurts (yesterday, it seemed to work better than it did in previous weeks). But the problem is that Whitmer throws for a nice first down, and instead of being allowed to get into a rhythym, he jogs to the bench. It irritates the hell out of me. If we ever really want to improve our passing game, it has to stop (or at least be cut down drastically)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom