Even Mau is not worth 305 mil | The Boneyard

Even Mau is not worth 305 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cano/JayZ are on crack if they think the Yanks are coming close to that.

Reaction Score
They may feel that the Yankees may be so desperate to put stars on the field so they can keep fans in the seats that they'll overpay. Plus, by starting high, they can negotiate down and still sign for $250M. It only takes one owner in the league to bite on the hook, but you have to wonder if the A-rod contract and the Pujols contract will make teams finally think twice about these long term contracts.

Reaction Score
David Wright got an eight-year, $138 million extension, that's about what Cano should get.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ten years and $305M would be the worst contract in the history of money.

I have to think there are only a handful of teams even in the Cano bidding and I can't imagine anyone coming within $100M of Cano's demands - Joe Mauer money seems more likely.

Reaction Score
Has any 10 year/$200+ million contract ever not ended up being a huge regret for the team that gives it to the player?

$305M... for a second baseman? Pass whatever you're smoking, Jay Z.

Reaction Score
Cano/JayZ are on crack if they think the Yanks are coming close to that.

Let's not put Cano up on that pedestal though it's unfair to him sink....lol.......

CRAZY talk here for 300M plus just nuts, not even sure Boras would've gone to this level!:eek:

Reaction Score
One player has taken a stand for cleaning up the game with harsher penalties for cheaters. The other players best friend, mentor and personal assistant have all been linked to the Miami clinic and has remained very quiet on the issue.
Both players are the same age. Who do you see having a better career going forward?

Player WAR Avg. OBP SLG HR RBI OPS+
Wright 46.7 .302 .382 .507 222 875 137
Cano 45.3 .309 .355 .505 204 821 125

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mlb/news/20130927/robinson-cano-carlos-gomez-brian-mccann-orioles/#ixzz2g8NcYZWo

Reaction Score
One player has taken a stand for cleaning up the game with harsher penalties for cheaters. The other players best friend, mentor and personal assistant have all been linked to the Miami clinic and has remained very quiet on the issue.
Both players are the same age. Who do you see having a better career going forward?

Player WAR Avg. OBP SLG HR RBI OPS+
Wright 46.7 .302 .382 .507 222 875 137
Cano 45.3 .309 .355 .505 204 821 125

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mlb/news/20130927/robinson-cano-carlos-gomez-brian-mccann-orioles/#ixzz2g8NcYZWo

I know who I would like better if true!! Anything to clean up the game no matter on who.........but there would be a lot of players missing from the game if they had it all figured out!! A LOT.........so who can be sure on even the one who "takes the stand"? They all feel pretty confident they won't get caught unless they're linked to something, someone??

Reaction Score
I know who I would like better if true!! Anything to clean up the game no matter on who.........but there would be a lot of players missing from the game if they had it all figured out!! A LOT.........so who can be sure on even the one who "takes the stand"? They all feel pretty confident they won't get caught unless they're linked to something, someone??

Damn I should have left the cheater stuff, didn't want reopen that can of worms. I think Cano is in the bottom half of the top 10 players in baseball and to pay him as the far and away best is unwise Yankee or not.

Reaction Score
No can o'worms is what it is.......

As far as Cano guess I need to see that list because Top 5 for me but certainly very debatable......mostly because of the flaws!! Probably more like Top 5 talented and Top 10 overall.......

Reaction Score
No can o'worms is what it is.......

As far as Cano guess I need to see that list because Top 5 for me but certainly very debatable......mostly because of the flaws!! Probably more like Top 5 talented and Top 10 overall.......

Trout, Mauer, Posey, Molina, McCutchen, Tulowitski, Votto, Cabrera, Longo, Pedroia

Reaction Score
If Jay-Z's goal is to make a name for his BB agency, he's partly succeeded already. He made a pretty big cannonball splash into the pool with the $300 mm figure. Now we'll see if he can swim.

Reaction Score
Trout, Mauer, Posey, Molina, McCutchen, Tulowitski, Votto, Cabrera, Longo, Pedroia

Posey? Mauer? Tulowitzki? Longo? Pedroia?

Sorry, I guess he is Top 3.........Posey had one really good year otherwise not so............ Mauer - hasn't held up his end of his contract............ Tulo - if Cano played out there for his home games he'd be a 38/130/.330 guy easy maybe more........Longo, again still waiting for that star but not yet..........Pedroia, not far behind but he's not as good as Cano, certainly Top 10-15 though..............Molina? He's a pretty special catcher if he can hit like this all the time..........Love McCutcheon and Votto can hit - awful fielder...........Cabrera is simply the best hitter overall in the game............Trout is really special

Reaction Score
You sure about that? Buster's 2012 season was better then any Cano has ever had. He put the Giants on his back winning the MVP and his second WS crown while playing the most vital position on the field. Posey just signed for $167 million, nine-year contract

If Sabean called the Cashman and offered Buster for Cano, Robinson would be in Haight Asbury before you could say Mo Riveria.

I just showed you that David Wright has equal if not better numbers then Cano while playing in a pitchers park. Posey plays in the toughest park in baseball for hitters, while Cano plays in one of the top 5 hitters parks.

Posey .308 .377 .487 .864
Cano .309 .355 .504 .860

I'm gonna need someone to go Bucky Dent for the Rays today. I don't have a good feeling about Moore.

Reaction Score
You sure about that? Buster's 2012 season was better then any Cano has ever had. He put the Giants on his back winning the MVP and his second WS crown while playing the most vital position on the field. Posey just signed for $167 million, nine-year contract

If Sabean called the Cashman and offered Buster for Cano, Robinson would be in Haight Asbury before you could say Mo Riveria.

I just showed you that David Wright has equal if not better numbers then Cano while playing in a pitchers park. Posey plays in the toughest park in baseball for hitters, while Cano plays in one of the top 5 hitters parks.

Posey .308 .377 .487 .864
Cano .309 .355 .504 .860

I'm gonna need someone to go Bucky Dent for the Rays today. I don't have a good feeling about Moore.

You serious sink? C'mon they would laugh Sabean out of the office..........

For one Buster Posey has had a only 3 somewhat full seasons, only one of which is anything special. He has had 67,103 and 72 RBI in those 3 and 124, 178 and 152 hits to go along........

Cano's last 5 seasons has him at 85, 104, 118, 94 and 107 for rbi while having 204, 200, 188, 196 and 190 hits in those also from a non-power position. This one isn't close at all nor is Evan Longoria.........maybe Pedey but you came up a loser on your first comparison for sure!;)

Now you can have Bucky for the day if you wish...........it's going to be Zobrist!!

Reaction Score
I put more stock in the value of a catcher then you do. I would take Bench and you would take Morgan.

A question, you point to Coors as being a hitters park where Cano would go crazy hitting in. In all my years coming year I have yet to see a Yank or Sox fan acknowledge that Fenway and either Yank stadium are two of the most hitters friendly parks in baseball. Why is that?

You serious sink? C'mon they would laugh Sabean out of the office..........

For one Buster Posey has had a only 3 somewhat full seasons, only one of which is anything special. He has had 67,103 and 72 RBI in those 3 and 124, 178 and 152 hits to go along........

Cano's last 5 seasons has him at 85, 104, 118, 94 and 107 for rbi while having 204, 200, 188, 196 and 190 hits in those also from a non-power position. This one isn't close at all nor is Evan Longoria.........maybe Pedey but you came up a loser on your first comparison for sure!;)

Now you can have Bucky for the day if you wish...........it's going to be Zobrist!![/quote

Reaction Score
I put more stock in the value of a catcher then you do. I would take Bench and you would take Morgan.

A question, you point to Coors as being a hitters park where Cano would go crazy hitting in. In all my years coming year I have yet to see a Yank or Sox fan acknowledge that Fenway and either Yank stadium are two of the most hitters friendly parks in baseball. Why is that?

I acknowledge that he may hit 2 or 3 a year which creep into the short porch but he also hits a lot of bombs to right center.........and the "fly balls turning into homers at Coors Field" doesn't happen.........Love Todd Helton but he wasn't stupid enough to leave...........Fenway is friendlier but only for average because in reality as many pop up homers as there are there are as many rockets off the wall that would be out of other parks. But there are a ton of doubles that would be outs at most parks.

I would take Bench over Morgan but Posey is NOT Johnny Bench!!!

Reaction Score

Fenway may have the best hitting background in MLB and the ball seems to carry at the new Yankee Stadium much more than it did in the old ballpark. These 2 factors are probably more impactful than the short LF in Fenway and short RF in Yankee Stadium.
For all the nostalgia and Yankeeography moments, the old Yankee Stadium was a crap ballpark. You had to look around steel girders and it was easy to miss plays. The new Yankee Stadium doesn't have the monuments in play in CF which I always thought was a unique character feature. I remember Sox CF Jimmy Piersall saying that his dream was to track down a fly ball behind the monuments which he never did. As the only Sox fan in my family, Yankee Stadium was the only park I ever saw a game as a kid except 1 game at the old Polo Grounds. I've seen Mantle, Maris, Ford, Berra and heard Bob Shepard announce them all. They made the old Yankee Stadium special but the park itself was a dump.

Reaction Score
Fenway may have the best hitting background in MLB and the ball seems to carry at the new Yankee Stadium much more than it did in the old ballpark. These 2 factors are probably more impactful than the short LF in Fenway and short RF in Yankee Stadium.
For all the nostalgia and Yankeeography moments, the old Yankee Stadium was a crap ballpark. You had to look around steel girders and it was easy to miss plays. The new Yankee Stadium doesn't have the monuments in play in CF which I always thought was a unique character feature. I remember Sox CF Jimmy Piersall saying that his dream was to track down a fly ball behind the monuments which he never did. As the only Sox fan in my family, Yankee Stadium was the only park I ever saw a game as a kid except 1 game at the old Polo Grounds. I've seen Mantle, Maris, Ford, Berra and heard Bob Shepard announce them all. They made the old Yankee Stadium special but the park itself was a dump.

http://www.billjamesonline.com/the_best_and_worst_hitters_parks/

The forgotten perk of hitting at Fenway is the lack of foul ground.

Reaction Score

Good points but the biggest impact in the 2 parks for batting average alone is that wall.........when you play there 81 times you're going to get a few potential fly ball outs turned into doubles off the top of the scoreboard area especially fly ball hitters......having said that many good hitters from the left side have also used the wall to their benefit like Boggs and Papi among others............not sure of the ball is carrying more at the new stadium I haven't noticed anything out of the norm.......the one big change is not only is the short porch there in right they didn't bow out to the bullpen but rather straight over which makes most of right relatively short..........also in the same regard it robs many hitters of base hits due to fact the RFer being able to play in short right field because anything over their head is basically a HR.........all kinds of arguments!!

Reaction Score
Biggest thing is the years rather than dollars. Ten years to a 30 year old 2Bman...as great as he is...is crazy. Especially where you basically have to know he is a juicer and will break down.

6/150 or something crazy like that may do it....and should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom