ESPN Top 25 Men’s College Players of the last 25 years | The Boneyard

ESPN Top 25 Men’s College Players of the last 25 years

Reaction Score
All great players, but I’m not sure I understand the criteria for the ranking. Either way, it should stir up an interesting debate.

Reaction Score
How the hell is Kemba not in the top 10 with leading the greatest tourney run in NCAA history ??? They must be basing it off nba career?

Reaction Score
I thought I had to scroll pretty far to find Kemba, but when the rankings themselves are so arbitrary, even making the list at all is OK, and we had three (should be 4 - Bazz?) on it.

Reaction Score
Maybe. (Probably not top-10.) By the end of his career at Davidson, he was must-watch TV.

Jimmer's on the list. But where's Adam Morrison?
Morrison was one spot ahead of Jimmer...

Reaction Score
Take another look at his stats, and Davidson's NCAA tournament run. He'd be on the list regardless
He is definitely too high though. Far too many 1st team AA’s and Wooden award winners behind him.

Reaction Score
He is definitely too high though. Far too many 1st team AA’s and Wooden award winners behind him.
If you want to drop him a few spots then I'm not gonna argue it, but that's just nitpicking. He was a 2x All American and consensus 1st team All American his junior year. To say he doesn't belong in the top 25 is crazy

Reaction Score
If you want to drop him a few spots then I'm not gonna argue it, but that's just nitpicking. He was a 2x All American and consensus 1st team All American his junior year. To say he doesn't belong in the top 25 is crazy
I’m not saying drop him completely. But I would say winning there are certainly players with stronger careers and accolades lower. Brunson should be higher overall, 2 Chips, Wooden and 2 BEPOTY. McDermott Wooden and 3 1st AA. If it’s strictly college, those are a couple who specifically should be ahead of him.

Reaction Score
I’m not saying drop him completely. But I would say winning there are certainly players with stronger careers and accolades lower. Brunson should be higher overall, 2 Chips, Wooden and 2 BEPOTY. McDermott Wooden and 3 1st AA. If it’s strictly college, those are a couple who specifically should be ahead of him.
Understood, but that's not the discussion. I'm responding specifically to a post that said Curry would not be in the top 25 without his NBA career

Reaction Score

I'm with the guy in the cliche thread who says we need to 86 the use of "chip."

Reaction Score
Watching Zion Williamson he just looked and felt so much better than everyone around him. I'd say he looked the best. Hard for me to give Durant #1 when they basically weren't even a top 25 team and he essentially had no impact on that college basketball season.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Take another look at his stats, and Davidson's NCAA tournament run. He'd be on the list regardless

Nobody would have ever heard of him until the March run. His point totals are impressive but there are other guys who have done similar at low majors.

I mean do we think Rip isn't putting up 28ppg in the SoCon?

Reaction Score
Nobody would have ever heard of him until the March run. His point totals are impressive but there are other guys who have done similar at low majors.

I mean do we think Rip isn't putting up 28ppg in the SoCon?
Then those people aren't college basketball fans. And I do think Rip would put up big numbers at Davidson, which is why he's also on this list

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom