ESPN Poll - Who Should Be Preseason #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Results so far -

upload_2016-10-26_10-32-9.png

As the check mark shows, I chose Baylor.

Reaction Score
Always shocked how ND is taken so lightly in the preseason. If my math is correct, they can easily field a rotation of McD high school All-Americans (believe they have 8), with four of those being named POY in high school by a major media outlet (Turner, Patberg, Boley, Young). Combine that with a pretty good coach, and they should be a favorite this year. No excuses.

Reaction Score
I voted for UCONN someone has to Dethrone the queens for them to give up their Kingdom. ND and Baylor are 2 and 3 after that SC rounds out my top 4. After voting I was scrolling down to see some off the comments and many people were shocked that Louisville wasn't up there. As much talent as the cards have they have to prove themselves against the top teams and early round exits are not making me a believer.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Baylor should be rated #1. When it comes time however to show your moves at The Big Boogie Mulkey will ultimately limit her teams chances. SC or The UConn wins. I hope Texas wins their match up in Waco and Austin late in the season and in conference play. I like Aston as a coach. By the way Texas plays Stanford, UConn, Mississippi State, South Carolina, and Tennessee within their first 8 games. That's some tough stuff. Contrast that with the typical soft OOC that Baylor plays (UConn, Tennessee, UCLA) and once again Baylor enters every tournament untested and overconfident.

Reaction Score
A fan's answer, but not what a coach will tell him team: that was last year's championship and no one is champs now.....

It's a fan's poll. Who's talking about championships? The question is about who is number one now.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
It's always intriguing to ask who is preseason #1

Is it the defending national champion?

Is it the team returning the most power?

Any of them could be #1 preseason but most important is who ends the season at #1....

That being what it is--I chose UCONN until someone beats them.

Reaction Score
It's a fan's poll. Who's talking about championships? The question is about who is number one now.
I meant that UConn was ranked #1 at the end of the year because they were champs. They're not champs now, as Geno would tell you, and so they're not #1 now. Otherwise, every team would start this year at the same ranking they were last year. Sorry if I sounded flippant.

Reaction Score
Every team listed, except UCONN, has a one game losing streak. I'll pick the team with the 75 game winning streak. Until they lose they are number one in my eyes. If they lose then let the coaches vote them down to number ten, doesn't really matter. But those coaches should just hope they don't end up in UCONN's bracket, because Geno will have them ready come March. :)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I expect the #1 ranking to change hands a few times. Each of the top teams has some games on their schedule that may result in losses so I don't expect any team to be #1 from start to finish.

Reaction Score
Uconn should be #1 but if not they will be after they win their first 2 games as i see them beating Fla, and baylor by double digits.

Reaction Score

Where would you rank Louisville? They are ranked as high as #2 in some polls. They have a logjam of players and Jeff Walz is going to have his hands full trying to find the right combinations because he will have to keep alot of players happy. He's not like Geno who can go with 7 win it all and the hell with the rest of the players. Which is rough but keeps your best in the flow of the game. I marvel at the low amount of transfers UConn has considering how many highly touted bench players never get valued minutes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Every team listed, except UCONN, has a one game losing streak. I'll pick the team with the 75 game winning streak. Until they lose they are number one in my eyes. If they lose then let the coaches vote them down to number ten, doesn't really matter. But those coaches should just hope they don't end up in UCONN's bracket, because Geno will have them ready come March. :)

Agreed!

Reaction Score
A fan's answer, but not what a coach will tell him team: that was last year's championship and no one is champs now.....

Bags- as usual you are correct---no one is Champion now. But this is a uconn FAN board should anyone expect less//'"??
This isn't last years team--but 7 of them were on last years team. It's not like starting anew.

Geno repeats your comment even with the Fab 3 extended--each year is NEW and different. No guarantees for any top 20 team. I like Uconn's chances. He knows you don't Win championships--you earn them starting in November.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Bags- as usual you are correct---no one is Champion now. But this is a uconn FAN board should anyone expect less//'"??
This isn't last years team--but 7 of them were on last years team. It's not like starting anew.

Geno repeats your comment even with the Fab 3 extended--each year is NEW and different. No guarantees for any top 20 team. I like Uconn's chances. He knows you don't Win championships--you earn them starting in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom