ESPN Lunardi and his Bias on Bracketology | The Boneyard

ESPN Lunardi and his Bias on Bracketology

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Even if I buy he current rational on why Purdue is still number one, he puts UNC and Kentucky in our region. Right now UNC is one of the five best teams in the country so why would the #2 overall seed get the best #2 seed and probably the best #3 seed in our region. I used to like Joey brackets but him and the whole ESPN operation has no credibility. When the most credible show you have on your network is hosted by Pat McAfee nothing left to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Even if I buy he current rational on why Purdue (from now on to be called Grow up) is still number one, he puts UNC and Kentucky in our region. Right now UNC is one of the five best teams in the country so why would the #2 overall seed get the best #2 seed and probably the best #3 seed in our region. I used to like Joey brackets but him and the whole ESPN operation has no credibility. When the most credible show you have on your network is hosted by Pat McAfee nothing left to say.

I wouldn’t worry about it. He’s not on the committee, he has zero sway over the committee and he never gets the actual bracket correct.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Even if I buy he current rational on why Purdue (from now on to be called Grow up) is still number one, he puts UNC and Kentucky in our region. Right now UNC is one of the five best teams in the country so why would the #2 overall seed get the best #2 seed and probably the best #3 seed in our region. I used to like Joey brackets but him and the whole ESPN operation has no credibility. When the most credible show you have on your network is hosted by Pat McAfee nothing left to say.
There you go being a realist again.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

ESPN promotes their own products, the ACC and SEC, and treats the Big East like a mid-major league because it is on Fox. The fact that KenPom has the Big East way ahead of the SEC and light years ahead of the ACC is irrelevant to ESPN.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t worry about it. He’s not on the committee, he has zero sway over the committee and he never gets the actual bracket correct.
Send them all we eat blue bloods in the tournament

Reaction Score
I’m not all that worried about braketology in Mid-January. I’m not worried at all about Lunardi’s take. Lots of things can happen to teams between now and March. But I think it is pretty safe to say that whatever the seeding is it will be quite different from what is in his most recent posting.

Reaction Score
Why are we concerning ourselves with nicknaming a team we've played 3 times in history can we worry about our schedule the number 1 overall seed does not mater get brooklyn get boston see what happens

Reaction Score
I'm not sure they even pay that close attention to matchups at this point beyond what seed line everyone is on.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Just for clarity, I am not worried about it in any way, shape or form. Clearly it is marketing material. Since it is rather easy to poke holes in his alleged theories on how he seeded teams. Yeah let’s put UConn, UNC and Kentucky in the same region. How ridiculous especially since it appears they are currently 3 of the 5 top teams in the country. I think both UNC and Kentucky are going to keep their high ranking because their conferences are not that strong so don’t know where the loses will come from. Just makes me wonder how these guys like Lunardi got their jobs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just for clarity, I am not worried about it in any way, shape or form. Clearly it is marketing material. Since it is rather easy to poke holes in his alleged theories on how he seeded teams. Yeah let’s put UConn, UNC and Kentucky in the same region. How ridiculous especially since it appears they are currently 3 of the 5 top teams in the country. I think both UNC and Kentucky are going to keep their high ranking because their conferences are not that strong so don’t know where the loses will come from. Just makes me wonder how these guys like Lunardi got their jobs.
Lunardi got his job because he was the only guy doing it for a while and he was doing it as a labor of love. I don't begrudge him getting the ESPN gig but I don't take him particularly seriously either. It's an educated guess at a moment in time. Nothing more, nothing less.

That said, this sure looks good to me:
1705691403284.png

Reaction Score
They treat his utterings with great respect and deference like he's THE bracket diety.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom