ESPN: Holly Warlick says Geno Auriemma's criticism of Lady Vols 'not fair' | The Boneyard

ESPN: Holly Warlick says Geno Auriemma's criticism of Lady Vols 'not fair'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Holly Warlick says Geno Auriemma's criticism of Lady Vols 'not fair'

And the plot continues to thicken.

I’m pretty sure this is Warlick’s first sighting since as rode off into that tacky orange sunset...

Don't ever wonder why I dislike the news media. I've ALWAYS said, on a slow news days, if there's no news, the media will create some. THIS is one of creations. Warlick had stepped back into the shadows was minding her own business in retirement as she should have. Then a reporter contacted her and asked her opinion on the Westbrook transfer matter.

And here we go again. Stirring up the hornet's nest once more. You know the "Orange Patrol" is going to back EVERYTHING she says here. Adding fuel to the fire that was almost out after 12 years . "I hate for it to come to this, but nobody except the NCAA made the decision," Warlick said Friday when contacted by ESPN. "To throw us under the bus, I think it's kind of crazy." "Tennessee is still a great program. Even me, after being let go, I can sit here and say that," said Warlick, "To say it's a bad program is not fair.

Hey Holly, "fair" is a place where they judge pigs, home made pies and have carnival rides.

"There are a lot of things we had to deal with last year, but I'm not putting all that out there publicly. But there are so many more layers than what I think Geno knows. I don't want to stir things up, and go back and forth. But there are so many factors that went into last year." Too late.

"Auriemma said earlier this week that the situation at Tennessee was "not normal" and also told reporters, "If you knew what the environment was [at Tennessee] ... you would not want your kid in that environment."

"He was asked Friday about why UConn, which said it submitted more than 100 pages of documents supporting Westbrook's waiver, wasn't making specific details public."

"I don't feel like it's my place to do that," Auriemma said. "It's somebody else's. If Evina or anyone from her camp wants to, that's different."

Here’s why Geno Auriemma hasn’t revealed specifics about Evina Westbrook’s experience at Tennessee and how Tennessee has responded to claims of a toxic environment

It's over, we've moved on. Why is the media still trying to pump life in this corpse? :confused: After reading this article, I have one question, Who cares about Holly's take/opinion? Is there anyone here in the yard, or any UConn fan or booster anywhere that cares what she thinks? :eek:

She was out of the limelight, and off the radar scope, leave her there, and leave her alone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think she had to respond, right? Been at UT for decades and Geno says she created a unhealthy environment that the NCAA needs to look at. I am sorry folks. He needs to be careful with this. There are two sides to every story. He doesn't have any facts except the ones she has given him. This could end up hurting Evina more. This needs to just go away. She's not playing this year like many other transfers. Let's move on.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
After reading this article, I have one question, Who cares about Holly's opinion? Is there anyone here in the yard, or any UConn fan or booster that cares what she thinks. :eek: I could really go off here, but I won't. I've said my peace.

Well, I mean she was the head coach at the program Westbrook left and is alleging very bad things happened under or in proximity of, right? I don't fault Geno for defending his player and I don't fault Warlick for defending her program. Worst part is we'll likely never know exactly what happened.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
It seems like Geno has given Evina and her family the green light to tell their side of the story, so we’ll see if anything comes of it. Honestly, I hope she does. Not because I want her to vilify Tennessee, but rather because I know how hard it is to keep your mouth shut about your truth when everyone is speculating.

I hate that it has become this petty.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think she had to respond, right? Been at UT for decades and Geno says she created a unhealthy environment that the NCAA needs to look at. I am sorry folks. He needs to be careful with this. There are two sides to every story. He doesn't have any facts except the ones she has given him. This could end up hurting Evina more. This needs to just go away. She's not playing this year like many other transfers. Let's move on.
Actually, no she didn't. Holly is the one who should be careful. If Evina decides to go public, Holly is among those who will get embarrassed and exposed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Could not agree more! I mean one institution making false claims about another institution to the NCAA would just be completely despicable! Am I right?

CL82

Reaction Score
for all of you who think Evina and her family would be vindicated by details being released, be careful what you ask for. that aside, i wish her a happy and long career. last comment on the subject.
LOL, LV fan making vague innuendo and then running away. I guess the fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well, I mean she was the head coach at the program Westbrook left and is alleging very bad things happened under or in proximity of, right? I don't fault Geno for defending his player and I don't fault Warlick for defending her program. Worst part is we'll likely never know exactly what happened.

Tennessee won't say anymore about the matter. The only way we'll know more (the truth, as it really happened) is IF Evina decides to write a "TELL ALL" memoir. I don't see her doing that. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Reaction Score
LOL, LV fan making vague innuendo and then running away. I guess the fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree.
I guess @LadyVols9 has never been in Volnation to see how many people in there don't like Warlick.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Bingo. First Pat does it with the famous "Ask Geno He Knows" with all her innuendo of the horrible things that Geno did to her and Tennessee vis-a-vis recruiting and what not, and it was all a bunch of horse$h!t.

I mean, if you are going to insinuate that Geno was a monster when it came to recruiting, at least have the guts to say what you mean instead of being a coward, like she was (in that instance). At this point we all know what she was going on about anyway (at least some of it, even if it's never talked about).

Now a Vole fan comes over here insinuating "I know what REALLY happened with Evina. Be careful what you wish for". Again, Horse$h!t. It's the cheapest way to attack someone when there are no facts. "I know what you did. You know what you did. It was horrible. But I won't say anything about it". Cowards.

It's a smear campaign with no proof. Just horrible.

Reaction Score
OK maybe this is my last comment....I was not a fan of Holly either. I wanted her gone years ago. But do you think after decades of quality basketball players and PEOPLE that have graduated from UT that all of a sudden it became a toxic culture? Just happened to be right when Evina wanted to leave and get a waiver? and she just happens to be the ONLY transfer player EVER in which these toxic problems are alleged? And it's so unhealthy that only two players left and one of them went home to play for her home state team? I get being fans but objectivity is important too.

Reaction Score
if you want innuendo, Geno's comments over the last two weeks fit the definition perfectly. I have nothing but love for ALL WCBB fans but the LV program is not toxic and was not toxic last year. It was a horrible season with bad chemistry, a bad coach, and SEVERAL players like Evina who got away with breaking the rules. Thank GOD a new sheriff is in town. It is in the past and I am thankful for it.

Reaction Score
if you want innuendo, Geno's comments over the last two weeks fit the definition perfectly. He raises these issues, without stating facts, and then expects the LV program and fans like myself to just sit there. I have nothing but love for ALL WCBB fans but the LV program is not toxic and was not toxic last year. It was a horrible season with bad chemistry, a bad coach, and SEVERAL players like Evina who got away with breaking the rules. Thank GOD a new sheriff is in town. It is in the past and I am thankful for it.
And this is your last comment again? Bye Bye ...

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Do you actually believe that? Because your posts here sure seem like you do not.
TBH, I'm a big UConn fan and generally loathe Tennessee, but on this matter I do think the homerism has gotten out of control on the BY. I've yet to hear a single objective fact to establish a reasonable basis for why Westbrook should get a waiver, given NCAA criteria. Unless and until I do, I don't see why Tennessee should get blamed with unsubstantiated insinuations.

CL82

Reaction Score
TBH, I'm a big UConn fan and generally loathe Tennessee, but on this matter I do think the homerism has gotten out of control on the BY. I've yet to hear a single objective fact to establish a reasonable basis for why Westbrook should get a waiver, given NCAA criteria. Unless and until I do, I don't see why Tennessee should get blamed with unsubstantiated insinuations.
Duly noted. Somehow I think we will manage to live with that.

For what it’s worth, though, facts are facts. And Tennessee has made it clear that while it did not oppose Evina waiver, it did not support it either. Holding them accountable for that is reasonable.

So there is your single objective fact that the rest of us have all been discussing. Welcome to the conversation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer