ESPN fires Jeff Van Gundy and Jalen Rose | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ESPN fires Jeff Van Gundy and Jalen Rose

Reaction Score
How did Stephen
There's nothing fun or funny about that guy, IMO. He's a bully and he's dumb. His non-stop Jokic bashing making it about race and getting the facts wrong should've warranted at least an apology.
I don't take the guy seriously. Kind of like Chuck. He isn't Stephen A. Smith. Why the hell wasn't Stephen A. Smith let go? He is a travesty to sports casting.

Reaction Score
What is wrong with Malika? She is just q pretty host. All channels need one of those.
Let’s just say Giannis being one of the nicest people in the league walked out on her. She’s horrible at her job. Go watch Joy Taylor she’s pretty and great at her job.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Let’s just say Giannis being one of the nicest people in the league walked out on her. She’s horrible at her job. Go watch Joy Taylor she’s pretty and great at her job.
I didn’t even see the Giannas thing. When was that?

I don’t like her either. Joy is great, Taylor Rooks is phenomenal with interviews (while also being drop dead gorgeous), and Mariah was great too before the whole fallout that ESPN completely mismanaged.

Lost two great woman talents in one fell swoop.

Reaction Score
How did Stephen

I don't take the guy seriously. Kind of like Chuck. He isn't Stephen A. Smith. Why the hell wasn't Stephen A. Smith let go? He is a travesty to sports casting.
I would take Stephen A over Perk, Stephen A is much different on his podcast it’s a good listen.

Reaction Score
Oh man they let go of Todd McShay …. Todd Todd Todd !!! Loved him !
How many guys do you need to cover one event per year? ESPN got so dumb and poorly mismanaged. None of those departures will affect product one bit. They had 8 people alone working studio/sideline MNF game for

Reaction Score
I would take Stephen A over Perk, Stephen A is much different on his podcast it’s a good listen.
Stephen A. Smith is just irritating and hate how he raises his voice to get his points across. When I saw he was on ABC for the NBA draft I switched to see the 2 Dukies over him. That says a lot since I'm a die hard UCONN fan.

Reaction Score
Imagine going to sleep at night and liking Perk over Barkley.
I really don't take either of them seriously. Barkley is more indispensable to his crew but I have no big issues with Perk. I don't care if he doesn't like the Joker. He is obviously a homer.

Reaction Score
Wow. That is a LOT of big names.

Disney is hurting bad with their seemingly endless stream of movie and show failures
I thought it was their pandemic / park losses that cratered under previous management. That's what they reported anyway

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The amount of money they pay announcers and sports shows hosts is mind numbingly stupid imo.

People don’t watch the games because of announcers, though we might like some folks better. 18million to broadcast 17 FB games???

They could replace every show host for someone making 20% and few shows would suffer.

Pretty sure that's what this is all about.

Reaction Score
I thought it was their pandemic / park losses that cratered under previous management. That's what they reported anyway
Well that was 2-3 years ago now and they made massive cuts then, no? Just look at how terrible their Lucasfilm, Marvel, and Pixar releases have gone

The comment ITT about “trimming fat” made me actually lol

Reaction Score
I really don't take either of them seriously. Barkley is more indispensable to his crew but I have no big issues with Perk. I don't care if he doesn't like the Joker. He is obviously a homer.
It's not about him not liking Joker, it's about using his race to go after him and using lies and presenting them as facts to go after him.

If you don't like Stephen A. for raising his voice it's weird you like Perkins. He legit screams at his colleagues when they call him out on his nonsense.

Reaction Score
Jesus God please.......no, no, no.

I cannot deal with her vaguely sexualized references and fangirl approach to star players. IMO she should have been shown the door LONG before JVG.

I have this funny feeling that SVP may be on his last legs as well. I don't know what his ratings are like these days and he just went on vacation for a bit but back in early May, when this stuff about the ESPN cuts first trickled out he made some cryptic comments to Andrew Marchand of the NY Post about 'Not wanting to sit in this seat forever', and 'Knowing when it's time to leave,' and 'Only renewing if it's a 'Godfather' offer.' So don't be shocked if he's in his final go-around.

His DC studio is a prime target the second his viewership falls off.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure that's what this is all about.
Iger had to arrest the stock price decline and the first chapter in 'How to be big time CEO' is cut expenses until the anal-yst community approves.

In other words everything must go until such time as investors give us the thumbs up.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It's not about him not liking Joker, it's about using his race to go after him and using lies and presenting them as facts to go after him.

If you don't like Stephen A. for raising his voice it's weird you like Perkins. He legit screams at his colleagues when they call him out on his nonsense.
I don’t think Perk was going after Jokic as much as he was going after voters.

Jokic deserved the MVP award this year definitely. It would’ve just been weird for him to be the first back to back to back MVP since Larry Bird given all the other legendary players that have been in the league that ended up suffering from “voter fatigue”. He probably didn’t deserve the award during the years the Nuggets were low seeded. So I guess this year was moreso a market correction than anything.

He’ll probably win it next year anyways.

Reaction Score
molly & stephen A is the $$$&, but it’s been boring

Reaction Score
Perk is perfect for what they want. A dumbo who will say outlandish things and constantly be in the news cycle. He is being set up to get dunked on by guys like JJ. The debate style show is not for me at all but I have come to respect some of these guys like SAS and Nick Wright as great performers/

Reaction Score
Jalen Rose was great until he got divorced from Molly, hasn’t been the same since. Also, his long-time partner Dave Jacoby left about 6 months ago, wonder if there was a falling out.

Regarding SAS, he’s worth every penny because he gives them hours and hours of content each day across multiple shows. Now McAfee will be giving them the 12-3 time slot every day plus college game day.

JVG is the big shocker, he was the best in game
Analyst on tv. And funny. ESPN’s bootleg version of the Inside the NBA guys.

Reaction Score
How did Stephen

The worst….,the absolute worst. I refuse to watch ESPN just cuz of him.

Reaction Score
He used to be good. Been miserable for about the past 4-5 years -- just complains so much on every broadcast.

Hopefully Jackson's gone too.
Never was a Jackson fan and couldn't figure out why he was there in the first place ... the fact he stayed that long was beyond surprising

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom